Will you vote for McCain is he votes YES for the bailout?

Will you vote for McCain Nov 4th if he votes YES on the bailout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The brunt of the blame goes on the consumer (dem, gop, ind) who assumed a loan they could not pay back. Free market principles just do what they do.

Derivatives are to blame.

The mortgage companies could lend more and more money with less and less to back it up. The same thing happened with stocks being bought on margin in the 1929.

It's rare I agree with you, but this is one occasion where I'm inclined to agree.

It will definitely be interesting to see how McCain votes.

This is like the dubai port deal or illegal immigration argument. We agree theres a problem, but do you blame the right people?

Why do you think the gop was split on immigration? Because the ones in charge like the cheap labor. And they don't care if this cheap labor hurts you financially.

And why did they want to sell a port to a muslim country? Because their money trumps your safety.

And you will probably fall for the, "it happened on the dems watch." argument on this bailout. That's utter bullshit. But I guess if you can argue everything else is the dems fault, i'm sure this won't be any different.

Ps. what's up with silence having no home or 401k OR thinking she isn't affected by this bailout? I guess she never plans on retiring or shopping. If her pay isn't going up, she's affected.

what if Obama didn't vote for the bailout js? would you vote for Obama?

You seem to think people are one-issue voters. There's already a ton of reasons I won't vote for Obama, and there's a few reasons I would vote for Obama. But the reasons not to outweight the reasons to, and it's the opposite for McCain. This bailout won't change my vote, even if McCain votes for it and Obama votes against.

But Obama won't vote against it. Unfortunately, neither will McCain. We'll see.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with this. It takes a real dumbfuck to get themselves into a loan they can't afford (reason #1 why I don't own a home). However, predatory lenders made this easy for people and IMO they hold at least 50% responsibility for approving loans with no money down and what must've been shady income verification information.

Yep, there are opportunists everywhere. It will be interesting to see what shakes out. I am not in favor of any bailout, but if we must, the provision to return the profits to the taxpayer is non-negotiable. If it means another revolution, I'm in. :D

The mortgage companies could lend more and more money with less and less to back it up. The same thing happened with stocks being bought on margin in the 1929.

Again, if people didn't borrow beyond their means, they would not have all these freakish loans out there.

im not voting for mccain anyway. at this point something has to be done. i dont think we realize how bad things are.

I for one would love to find out. I really think the consequences should be severe. I won't get my wish though. They are all going to vote this bill through. We have been scammed.

that's what 99% of bush voters say when asked why they voted for bush twice - because bush wasn't gore or kerry.

Do you even know why you're a republican, other than to vote against the democrat?

when's the last time you voted Republican? Just curious.

Didn't they think Frannie and Freddie were going to cover their bad loans? And basically that is just what is happening today. We are going to cover Fannie and Freddie screw ups and in turn cover wallstreet.

Tentatively I'm going to say no.

I reserve the right to still cast my support him if he votes yes (pending reading the text of the bailout compromise bill).

He's done a lot of shit in the past that's pissed me off:

- Tried to ban MMA

- Got Congress to investigate steroids in baseball

- Amnesty

After I read the bill and look at McCain's vote I'll have a better idea if the bailout gets added to the above list.

I don't particularly "believe" in McCain, but my hatred for the piece of shit he's running against and his supporters - who all present a grave threat to our Constitution and way of life IMO - may make it seem like I do.

We'll see what happens Tuesday/whenever it's voted on.

So, I've seen many on here say they are wholeheartedly against the bail-out. They weren't going to vote for Obama anyway so my question is, will you still vote for McCain if he votes YES on the bailout???

It isn't just those who are not going to vote for Obama who have been saying that. Nearly 60% of the public opposes it -so that must include quite a few Democrats too.

Is Obama going to vote on it at all? Obama never bucks his own party. No way I see the guy voting "no" on it. And he will just look ineffective and very weak if he doesn't vote at all. So he is going to feel pressured to actually vote -and he will undoubtedly vote "yes" and not buck his party. McCain's already gotten him before about actions that are no more than the equivalent of voting "present" -which a President cannot do. So I don't see the guy skipping out on the vote.

Obama's between a rock and a hard place here -and it is less true for McCain. If Obama ducks out on the vote -then he opens himself up to attack that he chose not to be part of the solution whatsoever and that if he felt that strongly about it, then why didn't he do all he could to get the kind of solution HE thought was needed. The fact is, the guy hadn't a clue how to even try to handle this problem anyway and its way over the heads of his "economic advisors" (read "Fannie Mae rapists" there.)

McCain actually has it easier -no matter what he votes. If he believes it is the best deal to be made -he will vote "yes". If not, he will vote "no" and explain why. But he also gets to claim he PERSONALLY tried to get the best deal possible for taxpayers -no matter which way he votes. But even if he votes "yes" and a lot of people don't like it -why would they flock to Obama instead who didn't do a darn thing about it at best. And also voted "yes" at worse. AND is from the same party that was ready to pass Bush-Paulson's original proposal as is -and totally hose taxpayers for it. If House Republicans hadn't stepped in and said there was no way they were voting to allow taxpayers to foot this bill -it would have been a done deal by Democrats. As it is, I've already heard a couple House Republicans say they are still going to vote "no" even on this one.

I heard Obama today claim that McCain's actions in response to this crisis were similar to those of Bush after Hurricane Katrina. Have to wonder what's he smoking since HE is the one who essentially said "If you need me, call me." -not McCain. Did he notice though? No one called him after he left Washington (which he did only at the President's request). And they didn't because everyone already knew this guy had nothing to contribute of any value anyway.

Those who still insist Bush is some kind of conservative are smoking the same stuff Obama is. No conservative would have come up with a plan that left taxpayers holding the bag here. Paulson with Bush agreeing to it were obviously thinking much more like Democrats on this one.

So, I've seen many on here say they are wholeheartedly against the bail-out. They weren't going to vote for Obama anyway so my question is, will you still vote for McCain if he votes YES on the bailout???

Good question. True Neoconservatives will be voting for McCain because he's a Neoconservative. However, I would bet the rest will vote for him because he's not Obama.

Will you vote for McCain is he votes YES for the bailout?

Affirmative. It's hard not to vote for McCain regardless of what he does considering his blunderfuck opponent with the Forest Gump IQ.

im a conservative

You're no conservative. I've occasionally stopped to read your rhetoric dribble and you're transparant to anyone with an IQ higher than a gopher.

You're a hardcore libbie who pretends to be a conservative so people will think your left wing rhetoric is unbias. It's not working. Try a different tactic.

It isn't just those who are not going to vote for Obama who have been saying that. Nearly 60% of the public opposes it -so that must include quite a few Democrats too.

Is Obama going to vote on it at all? Obama never bucks his own party. No way I see the guy voting "no" on it. And he will just look ineffective and very weak if he doesn't vote at all. So he is going to feel pressured to actually vote -and he will undoubtedly vote "yes" and not buck his party. McCain's already gotten him before about actions that are no more than the equivalent of voting "present" -which a President cannot do. So I don't see the guy skipping out on the vote.

Obama's between a rock and a hard place here -and it is less true for McCain. If Obama ducks out on the vote -then he opens himself up to attack that he chose not to be part of the solution whatsoever and that if he felt that strongly about it, then why didn't he do all he could to get the kind of solution HE thought was needed. The fact is, the guy hadn't a clue how to even try to handle this problem anyway and its way over the heads of his "economic advisors" (read "Fannie Mae rapists" there.)

McCain actually has it easier -no matter what he votes. If he believes it is the best deal to be made -he will vote "yes". If not, he will vote "no" and explain why. But he also gets to claim he PERSONALLY tried to get the best deal possible for taxpayers -no matter which way he votes. But even if he votes "yes" and a lot of people don't like it -why would they flock to Obama instead who didn't do a darn thing about it at best. And also voted "yes" at worse. AND is from the same party that was ready to pass Bush-Paulson's original proposal as is -and totally hose taxpayers for it. If House Republicans hadn't stepped in and said there was no way they were voting to allow taxpayers to foot this bill -it would have been a done deal by Democrats. As it is, I've already heard a couple House Republicans say they are still going to vote "no" even on this one.

I heard Obama today claim that McCain's actions in response to this crisis were similar to those of Bush after Hurricane Katrina. Have to wonder what's he smoking since HE is the one who essentially said "If you need me, call me." -not McCain. Did he notice though? No one called him after he left Washington (which he did only at the President's request). And they didn't because everyone already knew this guy had nothing to contribute of any value anyway.

Those who still insist Bush is some kind of conservative are smoking the same stuff Obama is. No conservative would have come up with a plan that left taxpayers holding the bag here. Paulson with Bush agreeing to it were obviously thinking much more like Democrats on this one.

Mccain and bush are playing good cop/bad cop and raping us of 700 billion, and you are falling for it. i'd rip you off too if I knew you were so dumb I could get away with it over and over again.

I'm ashamed how dumb you republican americans are.

They don't even get the fucking blame.

Now is everybodys fault.

Oh, and the dumb mother fucker who said the people that took out loans are at fault, I have nothing to say to you fucking idiots other than to say eat a dick and die. As if they had the power to cause this.

Ps. This is like a union strike. Either give bush/the bankers the money or they will shut the economy down.

I say take the money from the people that benefitted from this mess, if not put them in jail.

bush, mccains lobbyists, deregulators, predatory lenders, bankers. We're suffering, their banks failed, but they all made millions.

Didn't they think Frannie and Freddie were going to cover their bad loans? And basically that is just what is happening today. We are going to cover Fannie and Freddie screw ups and in turn cover wallstreet.

Here is a real clear difference in parties. The gop would give the banks the money and let them keep the properties that forclosed. The dems want the government to own them so one day we may even see a roi

The gop want to either give the banks and rich ppl everything or nothing.

Neither is acceptable.

I do think conservatives realize the gop is all lip service.

Ha! I just hear they will not give all $700 billion all at once. Thank god!

Everything positive in this bill is due to democrats. No golden parachutes, helping homeowners,

Affirmative. It's hard not to vote for McCain regardless of what he does considering his blunderfuck opponent with the Forest Gump IQ.

Ha! Everything Forest Gump touched turned to gold. Great analogy dumb fuck.

2, He was at the top of his clas and a harvard constitutional law professor you piece of shit.
Slander a great man and I'll do you faggot.

Let me ask you this retard. Why did bush want to have no oversite for paulson? Or are you another liar now distancing yourself from bush and pretending mccain is different

Check his record pea brain.

The gop only pretend to be conservative. On every issue they have not done what they said. I know they have demonized us liberals and a cock sucker like you will never vote for us, but you don't realize you are being played.

Its like you are in prison and you have become one mans bitch to prevent being gang raped. You still have a dick in your ass.

Please don't call obama names when you eat shit from the gop and never complain.

Do you mind that he is half black?

when's the last time you voted Republican? Just curious.

HW bush. He sucked so clnton was my first democrat.

Hw didn't keep 1 of his campaign promises and when he ran again, he promised all the same things. I couldn't believe people didn't care.

I think ty should teach politics in school. Not history, but filabusters, line item veto's, earmarks. I didn't always care as much as I do now and I can't even get ppl at work to em their senators to stop the bailout. They just don't care/aren't interested.

So they vote on lies, emotion, slogans, spin.

Forum List

Back