Will You Still Have a Job, If Hillary Gets Elected ?

Yeah, the nonsensical comments go over there in the round file cabinet.
You must live in la-la-land because the main career choice in the NY/LI area is in food service.
As far as technology is concerned...as soon as most projects are completed by Americans, the jobs are either off-shored to India or the Americans are replaced by H1-Bs.

Rediculous nonsense, don't know anyone in IT who's job is getting offshored or H1-B'd. The field is growing and growing and growing.

Doesn't mean it does't happen ever, but you make it sound like like a common occurrence - it's not.
How many non-Indian H1-Bs do you know over the age of 30 who are developing software?
Be honest.

I know 4 developers. No H1-Bs
What Language are they programming in? COBOL?
Civil or Private?

I'm not sure. We trade .net framework snippets and ideas, but I don't know which platforms they use for work.

You must live in la-la-land because the main career choice in the NY/LI area is in food service.
As far as technology is concerned...as soon as most projects are completed by Americans, the jobs are either off-shored to India or the Americans are replaced by H1-Bs.

Rediculous nonsense, don't know anyone in IT who's job is getting offshored or H1-B'd. The field is growing and growing and growing.

Doesn't mean it does't happen ever, but you make it sound like like a common occurrence - it's not.
How many non-Indian H1-Bs do you know over the age of 30 who are developing software?
Be honest.

Civil or Private?

I'm not sure. We trade .net framework snippets and ideas, but I don't know which platforms they use for work.
OMG! The "snippet" thing...Thank God I outgrew that phase of my life.

Be honest.

Civil or Private?

So what do you call it?

Be honest.

Civil or Private?

So what do you call it?
The age of the Developer started dying around 1998 when Clinton quadrupled the allowable number of Business Visas.
Prior to that, the Developer was involved in every phase of the project from conception through completion-support.
The onslaught of super cheap labor and corruption resulted in going from teams of 10 to about 50-100. To keep each coder busy, they were handed limited specs and never worked on a full project.
Heck, the DBAs left the coders waiting for months sometimes waiting for Table and Field names.

Whenever I see an App getting updated every few days due to "bug" or more efficient "use of memory" I bust a gut.
The Best & The Brightest don't put the most basic code elements into even the small routines they are assigned to code.

Deja vu. Weird brainwash moment at :54.

The funniest part is at about :56.

Glenn Beck crying.

'
Alex Jones crying over Glenn Beck.

Conservative Crazy is a smorgasbord and they have an audience that never gets enough to eat.

And to clean your palette.

I guess you consider serving food a great career.
That would be appropriate for you, if well supervised.

I was in food service for 3 months.
I sold out the drinks twice as fast as they were accustomed to and the manager couldn't stand having an American on board.
He hated paying me more than $7.00/hour even though I almost doubled sales.
See, you were well supervised and did well.

Deja vu. Weird brainwash moment at :54.

The funniest part is at about :56.

Glenn Beck crying.

'
Alex Jones crying over Glenn Beck.

Conservative Crazy is a smorgasbord and they have an audience that never gets enough to eat.

And to clean your palette.

I guess you consider serving food a great career.
That would be appropriate for you, if well supervised.

I was in food service for 3 months.
I sold out the drinks twice as fast as they were accustomed to and the manager couldn't stand having an American on board.
He hated paying me more than $7.00/hour even though I almost doubled sales.
See, you were well supervised and did well.

I was neither supervised nor treated or paid well; as I said, the manager resented having an American on board.
It hardly took me more than an hour or two to work the register, sell out the drinks and push whatever food had to be pushed.
Those from South of the Border were very friendly towards me as I was friendly towards them but the manager treated them like they were insects.
Don't even attempt to make food service sound romantic...it isn't.
In fact, it's EXHAUSTING.

It must be tough on the ego to be put out of a job by some some undereducated immigrant from a 3rd world country....
I agree with your opinion of Indian H1-Bs.
It's actually tougher on the wallet than on the ego because the H1-Bs were treated like slaves.

Civil or Private?

So what do you call it?
The age of the Developer started dying around 1998 when Clinton quadrupled the allowable number of Business Visas.
Prior to that, the Developer was involved in every phase of the project from conception through completion-support.
The onslaught of super cheap labor and corruption resulted in going from teams of 10 to about 50-100. To keep each coder busy, they were handed limited specs and never worked on a full project.
Heck, the DBAs left the coders waiting for months sometimes waiting for Table and Field names.

Whenever I see an App getting updated every few days due to "bug" or more efficient "use of memory" I bust a gut.
The Best & The Brightest don't put the most basic code elements into even the small routines they are assigned to code.

Don't know much about that. I did take a couple of cobol and fortran courses in college, but never really cared about it until I found a copy of VB3 in a storage locker and started playing with it several years ago. I followed it's progression through 6 and on till it became .net as a hobby. The coders I know are old school buddies that went into coding, but I went a different way.

Civil or Private?

So what do you call it?

Don't know much about that. I did take a couple of cobol and fortran courses in college, but never really cared about it until I found a copy of VB3 in a storage locker and started playing with it several years ago. I followed it's progression through 6 and on till it became .net as a hobby. The coders I know are old school buddies that went into coding, but I went a different way.
VB6 was the last, and best, version of VB.
The entire .net infrastructure is an Indian exercise in Inheritance Gone Wild.
The point of Rapid Application Development is to facilitate business, not to "play programmer".

Maybe rather than asking for more, Americans should be asking for less.

There are thousands, if not millions or billions, of people around the world, who would and could do the same job you are doing, for the fraction of what you are asking in return...

The reason Americans are losing their jobs is because nobody smart wants to pay extra money for just a brand anymore,
including YOU!!!...

So what do you call it?

VB6 was the last, and best, version of VB.
The entire .net infrastructure is an Indian exercise in Inheritance Gone Wild.
The point of Rapid Application Development is to facilitate business, not to "play programmer".

OK. I still like to play programmer. Like I said, it's just a hobby, and I have 3 different versions on a dedicated machine. It's just a hobby, and I have built some useful projects.

Nobody will have jobs. All the companies are going to go broke or move out of the country. Why or how would raising corporate taxes create jobs?

And the sun will freeze and the earth will burn, and fire will rain down from the sky, and you will be billed for enormous A/C usage, while the Chinese will be stealing our pure water by the bucketful, and the Mexicans will steal your cars and convert them into low riders with horns that play, 'La Cucaracha"....

Nobody will have jobs. All the companies are going to go broke or move out of the country. Why or how would raising corporate taxes create jobs?

And the sun will freeze and the earth will burn, and fire will rain down from the sky, and you will be billed for enormous A/C usage, while the Chinese will be stealing our pure water by the bucketful, and the Mexicans will steal your cars and convert them into low riders with horns that play, 'La Cucaracha"....

HOW does taxing corporations even more (while the government is spending like crazy) help create jobs? Explain that!

HOW does taxing corporations even more (while the government is spending like crazy) help create jobs? Explain that!

How does cutting their taxes create jobs? We already tried that, and they just put the extra money in their pockets. Corporations only hire when their sales demand production increases, not because they have the money to do it.

How does cutting their taxes create jobs? We already tried that, and they just put the extra money in their pockets. Corporations only hire when their sales demand production increases, not because they have the money to do it.

That doesn't answer my question now, does it? How does taxing them MORE help to create jobs? I would say that it's about time you started to realize who the REAL culprits are. The GOVERNMENT.

That doesn't answer my question now, does it? How does taxing them MORE help to create jobs? I would say that it's about time you started to realize who the REAL culprits are. The GOVERNMENT.

The government isn't the enemy you have been told. Yes, there are parts that need fixing, and some politicians are scum, but our government has worked well for a couple hundred years, and with adjustments, it will be fine for a long time to come.

The government isn't the enemy you have been told. Yes, there are parts that need fixing, and some politicians are scum, but our government has worked well for a couple hundred years, and with adjustments, it will be fine for a long time to come.

I haven't been "told." I've been watching and seeing.

Two other reasons why I wouldn't vote democrat.

1. MY second amendment right. No way am I going to lie down and allow the government to take one of my rights (my natural and instinctive RIGHT to defend myself) away from me. That is a deal breaker, right there. I don't care how much you try to tell me that this is not the goal, I am seeing for myself that, yes, that IS in fact the goal.
2. Immigration. OUR resources are limited, and we can't afford to be adopting every poor person in the world because their own countries suck ass. THEY need to fix that shit!

Forum List

Back