Will you sign the no military action pledge?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Inspired by Super Grover's no tax increases pledge, I propose a no military action pledge.

'If a vote is called to approve a military action, I swear to vote 'no' or otherwise resist such actions. Wars are no good, and killing people in other countries in the name of our security doesn't make us safer because many rise up around the fallen multiplying how many hate us making further attacks and counterattacks more, not less likely. If humanity is to have a future, we need to abolish war except in the case of actual homeland invasion.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'

We should have a mandatory draft any time we go to war . That would keep our politicians honest. They'd only vote for war that is truely just.

Inspired by Super Grover's no tax increases pledge, I propose a no military action pledge.

'If a vote is called to approve a military action, I swear to vote 'no' or otherwise resist such actions. Wars are no good, and killing people in other countries in the name of our security doesn't make us safer because many rise up around the fallen multiplying how many hate us making further attacks and counterattacks more, not less likely. If humanity is to have a future, we need to abolish war except in the case of actual homeland invasion.

So it goes.
only light can do that.

You are as dumb as they come and few people take Grover seriously!

I wouldn't take that pledge. I do not support unjust action which is about all we have done for decades. However, sometimes military is needed. People do get attacked and taken advantage of. That's why I laugh when people say things like Bernie sanders. You have to be a complete moron to think we can survive with no military action.

We should have a mandatory draft any time we go to war . That would keep our politicians honest. They'd only vote for war that is truely just.
would be better to make each congressman lead the military from their state into battle.
If it was their ass on the line, they would really be more selective about who needs an ass whooping in the world.

If military force is used, it should be overwhelming and completely devastating to the enemy, using any and all means, and in all cases advantageous to the safety of our troops.

All other considerations, including collateral damage, are secondary.

would be better to make each congressman lead the military from their state into battle.
If it was their ass on the line, they would really be more selective about who needs an ass whooping in the world.

"Hey Pelosi! Take point!" :laugh:

"Hey Pelosi! Take point!" :laugh:
Im sure some nursing home somewhere needs a good ass whoopin

If military force is used, it should be overwhelming and completely devastating to the enemy, using any and all means, and in all cases advantageous to the safety of our troops.

All other considerations, including collateral damage, are secondary.
I agree. I wonder why we waste time fighting IS, burning through all that money and not doing shit to them. One dies, five rise.
Maybe we should go after headquarter locations, ammo and weapons :lol:

So it goes.
only light can do that.

this is incredibly naïve and probably unconstitutional. The problem is, Congress began to abrogate its responsibility when it allowed Truman to enter Korea without a formal declaration of war. If Congress actually followed what the Constitution said & insisted on declaring war before committing troops, we might have avoided some messes along the way. Our interests currently are global in nature & you can't exactly put the toothpaste back into the tube. That said, either get a formal declaration or stay out.

Congress is a bunch of pussies . They can declare war if they want . But it's better to play Monday morning QB whenever the president acts .

Forum List

Back