Will Work For Food

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Has anybody else noticed more and more people in their city/town with cardboard signs hanging out at stoplights?
The last time I saw this many people desperate enough to make cardboard signs to beg with, Jimmy Carter was president.

Has anybody else noticed more and more people in their city/town with cardboard signs hanging out at stoplights?
The last time I saw this many people desperate enough to make cardboard signs to beg with, Jimmy Carter was president.
No, I haven't...in fact we had a toothless woman begging at various stop lights for years. Possibly she dropped dead but we also implemented a program to help the homeless get off the street and into stable homes...so maybe she got some help.

Shocking for a state that is mostly red, I know. But still...pretty impressive.

Even in Florida the economy is changing for the better.

not at all, actually....

fwiw, the unemployment numbers aren't dropping yet, but as of today's job report, job loss has finally started to slow for the first time in two years....

not at all, actually....

fwiw, the unemployment numbers aren't dropping yet, but as of today's job report, job loss has finally started to slow for the first time in two years....

Less people losing their jobs today than were losing them yesterday still means more people lost jobs.
It was just an observation.
Maybe more people have had their unemployment benefits run out.

"Cash For Clunkers," now expanded, highlights the difference between the Bernanke, Bush, and Paulson economy--maladjusting itself: And the stimulus yet to happen.

The radical stuff only started to kick in two weeks ago. The Ivy League of Professor Gates, and their clear distaste for diversity in America: Is lethal with these people. (1) The economy wherein the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer, clearly doesn't work. The nappy headed ho'meowners, couldn't pay the mortgages--and the rich houses all came tumbling down. (2) Bernanke, saw it coming, and did ridiculous, supporting things instead--to keep the poor from paying the mortgages, and help make Lehman Brothers come crashing on down. Only 14 months ago, the usual radical adjustment of small rebates had started to kick in. By September, Paulson had created bail-outs for the rich bankers, and other bailouts followed.

And so, anyone notices that the economy created so that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer: Doesn't Work. No one works in the strong, disincentive economy. Lehman Brothers, heavily populated with graduates who are (from the Ivy league), was allowed to fail. It turned out that there were others.

Diversity is not considered to be an incentive in America, at the Ivy League. These are not just the hokey old white people, however, made famous by Justice Sotomeyer--on whom we now rely. It is noted that the Justice was recently confirmed, however--so there is in fact evidence to support the concept that the newly sworn Justice--has of America.

The Democrats really won't be making their presence felt until after Labor Day. In the meantime, there is the clear evidence that major Cash For Clunkers does represent the start of the break with the past.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Lincoln once said that "A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand!" and then proceeded to kill off White People with abandon. This is greatly admired in parts of the West Wing, even at this time--and with a new Justice, recently sworn in! Mainly, Republicans just somehow--are sensitive on this issue.)

Forum List

Back