Will we be hit again?

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
I think it is unavoidable. A lot of people are saying that it will come right before the November electiom.

Are the terrorists out of their minds? Don't they know that an attack right before Nov. 2nd would assure Bush's re-election.

Come to think of it, any future terrorist attack will only serve to damn Democrats, yet they still wish to appease them.

Originally posted by Gop guy
I think it is unavoidable. A lot of people are saying that it will come right before the November electiom.

Are the terrorists out of their minds? Don't they know that an attack right before Nov. 2nd would assure Bush's re-election.

Come to think of it, any future terrorist attack will only serve to damn Democrats, yet they still wish to appease them.

You are going to hate me for saying this, but we agree.

I have been saying the same thing elsewhere for about 2-3 months. People miss the whole thing.

Originally posted by NewGuy
You are going to hate me for saying this, but we agree.

I have been saying the same thing elsewhere for about 2-3 months. People miss the whole thing.

Yeah, sad.......

I wouldnt say that an attack right before the elections would ensure a bush re-election. It would all depend on where, how, how many, and the fatalities that may result.

Do you think an attack would help or hurt Bush? To be honest, I don't know. He is generally thought of by the public as better at handling the terrorist threat, but how much of that is based on the fact that there hasn't been an attack in the US since 9/11?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I wouldnt say that an attack right before the elections would ensure a bush re-election. It would all depend on where, how, how many, and the fatalities that may result.

Good point.

Originally posted by Reilly
Do you think an attack would help or hurt Bush? To be honest, I don't know. He is generally thought of by the public as better at handling the terrorist threat, but how much of that is based on the fact that there hasn't been an attack in the US since 9/11?

True.....

When my wife and I were getting ready to get on a plane bound for Hawaii, something on me kept setting off the metal detectors. I was thinking that I'd just about have to strip nude before it was discovered that my shoes contained metal.

My wife bought a tiny pair of fingernail clippers in Hawaii and placed them deep in her purse. The entire device was less than an inch long. As my wife and I were getting ready to get on a plane bound for the US mainland, security agents scanned my wife's purse twice. Then they had her empty out all of the items that were in her purse. They confiscated the fingernail file and never returned it to her.

Perhaps there will be another terrorist attack on US soil but I doubt that the terrorists will find any success if they were to use the US airline system, particularly if all US airports are as secure as those we visited,

That is good to hear about the airports. I hope you are right. Flying scares the shit out of me (although to be honest it has less to do with terrorist and more to do with hitting the ground at several hundred miles per hour).

That is good to hear about the airports. I hope you are right. Flying scares the shit out of me (although to be honest it has less to do with terrorist and more to do with hitting the ground at several hundred miles per hour).

Me too.

Originally posted by insein
man your a post booster with all these 1 word responses, lol. 259 posts in 3 days is crazy.

LOL. I have so much to say, yet I don't like to type and do it slowly to boot.:D

It would only hurt for a second :p:

Just watch the flight attendants. If they look okay, you're probably safe. If they look concerned, you're fucked.

Statistically speaking, per capita and per distance traveled, even if you remove automobile crashes in which individuals survived, it is safer to fly than to drive.

Another way to explain it is: considering the distance you would travel, you are more likely to die by traveling in a car than you would by traveling in a plane.

I think the fear of flying has more to due with individual's hidden concern over his lack of control (unless the individual is flying the plane).

Nothing hidden about it. I would much rather sit in the cockpit behind the pilot pointing out any little nobs and gauges that look suspicious. I do draw the line at actually taking control of the plane though.

By the way Mattskramer,
How are you enjoying the cite with its predominance of conservative, sometimes overly religious (my opinion only) and sometimes completely wacko (definitely a fact) members?

By the way Mattskramer,
How are you enjoying the cite with its predominance of conservative, sometimes overly religious (my opinion only) and sometimes completely wacko (definitely a fact) members?

I am not completely wacko, damn it :p:

Forum List

Back