Will The RNC Pull A DNC 2016 By Effectively Allowing CA To Market Pot To Anti-Pot States?

If the Fed "Obergefells" pot, will it cost the RNC with red "forced-market" districts in 2018?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
California politicians in Washington need to defend the state's pot laws from federal attack
California politicians in Washington need to defend the state's pot laws from federal attack

As if JUST CA politicians are pushing this in DC. :lmao: Think BigTobacco will be right there with them?

Well they got their way forcing motherless/fatherless-for-life (gay) marriage on all the other states that didn't want it. Suppose DC is going to give them their pot-export market the same way? By force? No matter what conservative states say? Is this the RNC's Obergefell? I mean, get real. California, Colorado and all the other recreational states are gearing up to let BigTobacco grow weed there like they grow corn in the Midwest. Since they'll be producing WAAAAAY more than their states statistically consume, what they're actually pushing for is a market in anti-pot states. So anti-pot states, look for your kids' highschools and Jr. highs and elementary aged kids to be new puppets of this boon.

Beware RNC. This is precisely the mistake the DNC made with gay marriage/men in women's bathrooms that COST THEM BIG in election 2016. How important are those pot $$ bribes from BigTobacco vs what you will lose if you cave in to them? Remember, the FDA at the heart of this is under REPUBLICAN control if and when the fed relaxes standards.

This could be a clever DNC move to invisibly slip a noose around the RNC's neck with the help of the RNC's old "trusted" bed-buddy: BigTobacco...the parties learn from each other's tricks and mistakes. That's for sure.

You know, opiate overdoses in CO went down by 25 percent the first year they legalized recreational pot, and have continued to decline.

Legalizing marijuana may help with the current opiate crisis we are going through because it can be used for pain relief and is not physically addictive.

Legalizing marijuana is a popular issue these days. Shrivel dicks like Jeff Sessions can only delay it so long now.

Well................if people understood the two reasons that marijuana was made illegal in the first place, they would want to get rid of the ban.

The reasons marijuana was made illegal? Because Anslinger was a racist asshole who hated Hispanics and Blacks, and he sold DuPont and Hearst on his plan by appealing to their greed.

I highly recommend watching the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson sometime.

You know, opiate overdoses in CO went down by 25 percent the first year they legalized recreational pot, and have continued to decline.

Legalizing marijuana may help with the current opiate crisis we are going through because it can be used for pain relief and is not physically addictive.
:disagree: :bsflag:
Absolute total bullshit and a complete fabrication. Opiate overdoses have been radically on the increase since pot was legalized. US legal pot is precisely why the Mexican cartels started shoving heroin across our borders with bulldozers. The price plummet anticipation that came with CO and other states legalizing caused the beheading wars as cartels scrambled for what was left of a plummeting black market that used to be weed. Then they figured out that opium is 100 times more addictive than pot; and began their new market strategies.

Your post is absolute bull-waffle.

This article deals with drug overdose deaths, which are now the most common cause of injury death in the U.S. Most people know drug overdose deaths, fueled by the increased availability of prescription opioid medications, have increased over 300% in the U.S. over the past thirty year drug overdose deaths by county | Janaburson's Blog

Opiate medications are how most heroin addiction starts: when the pills become unaffordable as the person's lifestyle/job/income plummets from the outfall of the addiction. Thanks to the stupid states that legalized, Mexico and BigPharma, we have the map below and its SHOCKING statistics JUST SINCE WEED WAS LEGALIZED. Wake up and smell the cartels folks. Both across our southern border and north of it.

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

Last edited:

Absolute total bullshit and a complete fabrication. Opiate overdoses have been radically on the increase since pot was legalized and that is precisely why the Mexican cartels started shoving heroin across our borders with bulldozers. The price plummet caused the beheading wars as cartels scrambled for what was left of a plummeting black market that used to be weed. Then they figured out that opium is 100 times more addictive than pot; and began their new market strategies.

Your post is absolute bull-waffle.

The reason we have people turning to heroin is because doctors have been overprescribing opiates, people get addicted, the doctor shuts off their prescription, and then they turn to heroin (chemically similar with a similar high) to get their fix.

And, here is an article that tells you what has happened in CO since they legalized marijuana. In the article it talks mainly about opiate overdose deaths rather than just the overdose calls, but even in the overdose deaths they have dropped significantly.

Analysis | Legal marijuana is saving lives in Colorado, study finds

Can someone translate the poll question into something comprehensible? :dunno:

The reason we have people turning to heroin is because doctors have been overprescribing opiates, people get addicted, the doctor shuts off their prescription, and then they turn to heroin (chemically similar with a similar high) to get their fix.
And where do you suppose all that heroin is coming from? The old cartels to the south who used to make a dime off pot before it was made like snow in Alaska: not worth it to smuggle and market here.

The drug industry is also opposed to Legalizing Pot because it would take years and billions of dollars to industrialize the processing into pill assembly lines.

Another reason they don't want it legalized is because if you can grow it in your own backyard, they won't make as much money selling you pills with horrible side effects that you may not really need.

And where do you suppose all that heroin is coming from? The old cartels to the south who used to make a dime off pot before it was made like snow in Alaska: not worth it to smuggle and market here.

Like I said, if you legalize marijuana like they did in CO, people will stop using stronger drugs. CO has already proven this, and there are other studies currently being done in other states who have recently legalized it.

Another group of people who are pushing for legalization are NFL players. Why? Because they know it is less harmful that the prescription pain killers that they are currently taking.

And, every time I go to CO, I always have my Retired Navy ballcap on, which results in me talking to a lot of other veterans in the 420 shops. I have talked with MANY veterans who came back from the war and were on 10 to 15 pills per day from the VA for various problems, mainly PTSD. Well, they all tell me to a person that when CO legalized it, they started to use it to see if it would help, and they all ended up reducing their prescriptions to just 1 or 2 pills per day. Another benefit is that they didn't have all the side effects that went with those pills and subsequently became healthier.

Once again, the map of opiate overdose deaths in a timeline. Note the area overlaying Colorado. It gets much, MUCH redder over time. It follows a SHOCKING parallel with the legalization of weed across various states. And that is precisely because the cartels to the north and south of our borders have figured out how to make money off a much more addictive little plant they can grow; since legal weed = cheap weed.

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

You think since the far left is so behind this, that their Messiah, Obama, would have made pot legal in his 8 years..

But as we see even the far left does not want it legalized at the federal level.

Once again, the map of opiate overdose deaths in a timeline. Note the area overlaying Colorado. It gets much, MUCH redder over time.

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

I noticed you posted a map with a timeline that goes from 1999 to 2009.

Care to post a link to where that map is? The reason I ask is because your information is a bit dated and not accurate due to the FACT that CO didn't legalize marijuana for recreational purposes until November 2012 (a full three years after the latest data point on your map), and it didn't take effect until 2014, which is when they started selling it for recreational use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Colorado

Cannabis in Colorado refers to cannabis (legal term marijuana) use and possession in Colorado, United States. The Colorado Amendment 64, which was passed by voters on November 6, 2012, led to legalization in January 2014.[1] The policy has led to cannabis tourism.[2] There are two sets of policies in Colorado relating to cannabis use: those for medicinal cannabis and for recreational drug use along with a third set of rules governing hemp.[3]

If you are trying to prove your point, it would help if you would use up to date and accurate data.

Once again, the map of opiate overdose deaths in a timeline. Note the area overlaying Colorado. It gets much, MUCH redder over time. It follows a SHOCKING parallel with the legalization of weed across various states. And that is precisely because the cartels to the north and south of our borders have figured out how to make money off a much more addictive little plant they can grow; since legal weed = cheap weed.

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

Your map is silly b/c pot wasn't legal in Colorado until January 2014.

Once again, the map of opiate overdose deaths in a timeline. Note the area overlaying Colorado. It gets much, MUCH redder over time.

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

Care to post a link to where that map is? The reason I ask is because your information is a bit dated and not accurate due to the FACT that CO didn't legalize marijuana for recreational purposes until November 2012 (a full three years after the latest data point on your map), and it didn't take effect until 2014, which is when they started selling it for recreational use.

Link page one. Here's an interactive map of 1999-2014 from this link: A deadly crisis: mapping the spread of America's drug overdose epidemic

Note: Colorado's change. Approved for medical use before that though wasn't it? I'm sure now that it's recreational, all that has completely reversed.

It's clear to see that the heroin highways are coming up through Arizona and New Mexico, while Texas remains relatively unscathed, though still sharing the biggest land border with Mexico. Curious. That's probably because the cartels know you don't mess with Texas. Looks like they're running it up that old highway that goes north out of Vegas, into N. California, Oregon & Washington, NV, Co and all the other permissive states that are most deep red. Then they're using what, route 66 to run it East into those rural states? Seems like the fed could set up squeeze points where the obvious color issues are on the map.

Last edited:

aaa-map-of-od-deaths.jpg

Link page one. Here's an interactive map of 1999-2014 from this link: A deadly crisis: mapping the spread of America's drug overdose epidemic

Note: Colorado's change. Approved for medical use before that though wasn't it? I'm sure now that it's recreational, all that has completely reversed.

It's clear to see that the heroin highways are coming up through Arizona and New Mexico, while Texas remains relatively unscathed, though still sharing the biggest land border with Mexico. Curious. That's probably because the cartels know you don't mess with Texas. Looks like they're running it up that old highway that goes north out of Vegas, into N. California, Oregon & Washington, NV, Co and all the other permissive states that are most deep red. Then they're using what, route 66 to run it East into those rural states? Seems like the fed could set up squeeze points where the obvious color issues are on the map.

To make your point, you would have to provide data points all the way up to 2016, and yours only goes up to 2014.

2014 isn't going to reflect accurate data because it doesn't take into account the legalization of cannabis. You can argue about the medical portion should have taken care of it, but it still required a person to go to a doctor, pay about 150 dollars and get a card BEFORE they could go into the 420 stores. When recreational came out, THAT was when the opiate overdose rates started to drop.

As far as the rest of your bullshit post? Do you realize that two major highways (used for transportation of drugs) are I-10 and I-40? I-40 runs straight through Amarillo TX, and there are LOTS of drug stops on that highway, especially between Amarillo and Groom. Usually it's people transporting from CA to OK and the east coast.

Wanna talk about Houston? It's another major port where drugs flow through. How about El Paso? That is another major shipping point for drugs. Your claim that cartels are afraid of TX is pure bullshit.

I just followed the red on the map of heroin deaths. I'm sure they've taken a radical turn for the better in CO just since 2014. Heroin addicts are famous for switching over to less powerful narcotics. What was I thinking?

Forum List

Back