Will The GOP Be Split? What Do You Think?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
It's an old story but it seems to be gaining credibility and likeliness.....

A Split in the GOP? A Tea Party Third Party? John McCain Says It Could Happen | The Nation

McCain told the Wall Street Journal's CEO Council session this week..... "I think you will see an emergence of a third party in America."

Palin made headlines in October by asking, "Why not a third party?"

Tea Party Split: Activists Unhappy With GOP

.....a ragtag band of grass-roots conservatives millions strong and fiercely motivated, but with no national leader, threatens to split the Grand Old Party in two.

Now, the tea party is empowered and turning its attention to vulnerable Republicans up for re-election in 2012.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Tea Party Out to Defeat 3 Longtime GOP Senators
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Tea Party Out to Defeat 3 Longtime GOP Senators

Was there a camera in the vicinity when he said that? LOL McCain is a complete idiot who's only goal is to get Air time. I know there are supporters here but I'm sorry he's a complete Rino

I'm not sure that you'll ever see a separate "Tea Party" on the ballot. I do think that what you'll see is the Tea Party choosing which Republican Candidates they Will and Will Not support, and to a certain degree that is going to give them a large amount of clout inside the party.

I'm sure that the primaries will be lively.

However, when the 2012 election happens in November, please don't think for a second that any GOP voter will vote for Barry. Its a nice "strawman", a straw to grasp, but its more wishful thinking than voting plausibility.

I think a true hard core Conservative Party is on the horizon.

Hope so. It will take tough love to get the fiscal house in order. Obama talked a good game as a candidate, but while in office he let the rich off the hook for Clinton era tax rates?!

The national Debt increase just can't be ignored. SS & Medicare need to be saved. Sen. Reid says "what problem"??

I hope a really hard core conservative gets in, and moves more US factories to China?! Gets GE to pay zero tax??

Barry had his chance. We'll see how the economy and unemployment, and the price of gas is 11/2012.

It's an old story but it seems to be gaining credibility and likeliness.....

A Split in the GOP? A Tea Party Third Party? John McCain Says It Could Happen | The Nation

McCain told the Wall Street Journal's CEO Council session this week..... "I think you will see an emergence of a third party in America."

Palin made headlines in October by asking, "Why not a third party?"

Tea Party Split: Activists Unhappy With GOP

.....a ragtag band of grass-roots conservatives millions strong and fiercely motivated, but with no national leader, threatens to split the Grand Old Party in two.

Now, the tea party is empowered and turning its attention to vulnerable Republicans up for re-election in 2012.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Tea Party Out to Defeat 3 Longtime GOP Senators
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Tea Party Out to Defeat 3 Longtime GOP Senators

since palin onlly has about 12% of the republican vote I have the distinct impression that they are trying to add enough candidates to divide the rest of the vote until palins 12% becomes the winner

Can you imagine Sarah Palin winning the election....

Chris Mathews will go absolutely bat shit on camera.
The spit flying out of Ed Schultz's face will be a riot.
Rachel Maddow won't be able to sit in her seat she will be so excited below the waist.
They will have to put Lawrence ODonnel in a straight jacket....

Will The GOP Be Split? What Do You Think?

Gee. I don't know. Consider, the GOP has manipulated the social conservatives for thirty years, what makes anyone believe the social conservatives won't continue to be used into the future?
Abortion continues to be the law of the land; Gingrich - divorced twice (three times?) continues to preach on the sanctity of marriage; Palin's daughter engaged in extra-marital sexual intercourse and had a child out of wedlock, half a dozen Republcan members of Congress engaged in adultry and still the GOP plays the "traditional values" card. Forgetaboutit, the social conservatives are dumb as mud and will continue to support Republican candidates.

The GOP continues to preach fiscal conservative values, yet George W. Bush parlayed an economic correction into an economic crisis; Ronald Reagan managed to increase the national debt while promising to reduce the size of government and George W. Bush promised to bring moral integrity to a White House while invading and occupying Iraq at the cost of 4,500 American lives. The Republcan Party does not support a Democratic or Constitiutional Republic - the party is the party of Plutocracy!

Anyone who supports the GOP is a fool, IMHO.

I think a true hard core Conservative Party is on the horizon.

What I would prefer is to see a christian Conservative Party split off. So we Fiscal Conservatives who just want the government off our backs don't have to be in bed with those wackos :)

This would be along the line of what I would like to see the TEA PARTY become. Smaller government and get the government out of every aspect of our private lives.Why do we need gun laws when we have laws against murder,assault, robbery that we don't enforce. Why do we need DHS when we already had agency's doing the job prior to DHS. Why do we allow the government use the commerce clause, which was meant to increase trade between the states, to restrict and even stop trade? Smaller government and less control of our private lives.

However, when the 2012 election happens in November, please don't think for a second that any GOP voter will vote for Barry. Its a nice "strawman", a straw to grasp, but its more wishful thinking than voting plausibility.

it doesn't matter who a GOP voter votes for. they're a given. no one thinks they'll vote for obama. maybe rand paul or one of the other fringe candidates picks off a few, but most of them will vote party, same as the dem base.

it's who the indies vote for that counts. the sooner the GOP figures that out, the closer they'll be to finding a viable candidate in 2012.

it doesn't matter who a GOP voter votes for. they're a given. no one thinks they'll vote for obama. maybe rand paul or one of the other fringe candidates picks off a few, but most of them will vote party, same as the dem base.

it's who the indies vote for that counts. the sooner the GOP figures that out, the closer they'll be to finding a viable candidate in 2012.

Fair enough. The Dem/GOP mix is about even and the indy's will decide, as usual. It may boil down to the price of gas and the unemployment rate. I just don't see the GOP being split in November. Look at the last <mid-term> election results.

Last edited:

Fair enough. The Dem/GOP mix is about even and the indy's will decide, as usual. It may boil down to the price of gas and the unemployment rate. I just don't see the GOP being split in November. Look at the last <mid-term> election results.

no, i don't either. i just hope they don't put up any more loons for congress/ senate races.

Here's the deal, ultra lefties hope for something, anything to take the focus off the gross (criminal?) mismanagement of the Obama adninistration. They are at the point where they think a desperate wish will come true if it is seen in print even in a rag like the Nation. 3rd parties are for dirty tricksters and losers and everyone knows it including the "Nation".

"The Nation" can't rationalize the 2010 mid-term results. Is another "shellacking" going to happen in 2012? I can hear Vandenheuval scream already!!!

Forum List

Back