Will Roe v Wade be overturned? We all know its headed there so what say you?

Will Roe v Wade be overturned?

• Yes

• No

• Could go either way

• Don't care either way

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vote &/or offer your personal thoughts.

Keep in mind this poll isn't asking YOUR opinion on the law but rather how the Justices will come down on the subject.
IMO Roe V Wade is settled law, precedence set.

Despite the Leftist Extremists going off the deep end by attempting to make killing newborn babies legal, the Right extremists have gone to far to the right with the new Alabama law.

Not allowing abortions for rape, for example, and giving rapists shorter sentences that tbe abortion doctor who performs an abortion on his victim is moronic...

Both extremist sides have gone too far..
No such thing as "settled law". I often use slavery as an example. Slavery was the law of the land from the birth of the nation and was upheld as the law of the land in 1856. It took a war to end it, but it ended.
And you are on the losing side.
Nope. Life is the winning side, always.
Is that why so many die in wars? Is that why there are genocides? Is that why so many are miscarried? Is that why so many die of famine...diseases....murder...accidents?

Because life is always on the winning side?

Is that why so many die in wars?

Ok, are you trying to say sending troops to war is equivalent to abortions.....or are you saying murdering a child capable of surviving outside the womb or even making it legal to murder children AFTER they have been born is somehow like a soldier dying in combat defending his or her country?

I would like you to clarify so I know which moronic comparison I should ridicule.....

How can Christians be hypocritical when you don't believe in God?
One has nothing to do with the other. If you’re going to state that God is in control of all things….and then ignore that he’s letting babies die in utero….you’re a hypocrite if you’re also going to chastise women for terminating a pregnancy.

Both the woman and God would arguably be able to let the pregnancy come to term. Yet you give God a pass when he lets the baby die and want to imprison the woman for terminating the pregnancy.

Actually, you're the hypocrite for blaming a God you don't believe in for killing babies when YOU support killing babies. You're mentally ill in my opinion.

I can’t blame something I do not believe exists. Why you can’t understand that simple concept…is beyond me.
I’ve never understood this argument from atheist either. At first glance I get it, but when you take it a step further it’s a nonsensical position. It places the burden on an all powerful all knowing being to create what is utopia by our standards, in a universe where it clearly is not the case. If that all powerful being were to exist, he clearly did not create what we imagine to be utopia. The 3rd law of thermodynamics is clearly in effect, and mortality seems to be universal. All life is mortal, and nature doesn’t seem to care if that life is hitler or mother Teresa. It’s basically saying innocent people die, therefore god doesn’t exist.

Plenty of other reasons to believe God doesn’t exist; babies dying (some in utero who clearly haven’t sinned) is just the most germane example for our discussion.
How do you conclude that God doesn't exist because a baby dies?

That isn’t my conclusion. I conclude God doesnt exist because there is zero proof. My challenge to believers who are anti-choice is this: if you believe God is in control, he lets babies die. How can you chastise women while worshiping God?
Because the converse to your scenario would also be true. That converse being that you exist when you never had too. Against all odds, you happen to exist on this planet, in an universe that is constantly trying to kill you. Out of all the millions of scenarios like a different sperm fertilizing an egg 100,000 years ago, or something killing a distant ancestor of yours, specifically you miraculously exist. You are also on top of the food chain in a world where nature is a brutal motherfucker, and the norm is either constantly worrying about shit trying to kill and eat you, or your usually starving to death until you finally catch something that’s evolved not to be caught by you. You also happen to be a member of a species that compared to the rest of nature, is a super compassionate, altruistic, hyper intelligent species, capable of experiencing things like complex emotions, love, rationality, music, meaning, etc. You also were born at a time in human development where we have almost eradicated famine, war, and pestilence/plagues that have up until recently ravaged our species. This has cuased a population explosion, but against conventional logic, humanity worldwide has never been more prosperous and well fed than it is now. It’s also a time where we have advanced technology that makes our lives immensely more comfortable...and awesome. Like vacations are a thing. That wasn’t the case for 99.9% of human history. You’re not a slave, you’re not a serf, you’re not forced to fight in a war where you’re going to slowly die from an arrow barrage, and you’re not a citizen of a government where the leader can mistakenly think you insulted him and order your execution. Despite all that good, we as a species still strive to make things even better. And in the face of all that good, there is still plenty of bad and mortality around you to compare and contrast how good you have it.

Because the converse to your scenario would also be true.
No, you just undermined your own point. You clearly delineated the triumphs of man over his initial condition. That would have occured in spite of a god, not because of him. And doingthings "in spite" of an omnipotent god would seem to be an intellectual nonstarter. So, you made a pretty good case that there is no god.

One has nothing to do with the other. If you’re going to state that God is in control of all things….and then ignore that he’s letting babies die in utero….you’re a hypocrite if you’re also going to chastise women for terminating a pregnancy.

Both the woman and God would arguably be able to let the pregnancy come to term. Yet you give God a pass when he lets the baby die and want to imprison the woman for terminating the pregnancy.

I can’t blame something I do not believe exists. Why you can’t understand that simple concept…is beyond me.
I’ve never understood this argument from atheist either. At first glance I get it, but when you take it a step further it’s a nonsensical position. It places the burden on an all powerful all knowing being to create what is utopia by our standards, in a universe where it clearly is not the case. If that all powerful being were to exist, he clearly did not create what we imagine to be utopia. The 3rd law of thermodynamics is clearly in effect, and mortality seems to be universal. All life is mortal, and nature doesn’t seem to care if that life is hitler or mother Teresa. It’s basically saying innocent people die, therefore god doesn’t exist.

Plenty of other reasons to believe God doesn’t exist; babies dying (some in utero who clearly haven’t sinned) is just the most germane example for our discussion.

That isn’t my conclusion. I conclude God doesnt exist because there is zero proof. My challenge to believers who are anti-choice is this: if you believe God is in control, he lets babies die. How can you chastise women while worshiping God?
Because the converse to your scenario would also be true. That converse being that you exist when you never had too. Against all odds, you happen to exist on this planet, in an universe that is constantly trying to kill you. Out of all the millions of scenarios like a different sperm fertilizing an egg 100,000 years ago, or something killing a distant ancestor of yours, specifically you miraculously exist. You are also on top of the food chain in a world where nature is a brutal motherfucker, and the norm is either constantly worrying about shit trying to kill and eat you, or your usually starving to death until you finally catch something that’s evolved not to be caught by you. You also happen to be a member of a species that compared to the rest of nature, is a super compassionate, altruistic, hyper intelligent species, capable of experiencing things like complex emotions, love, rationality, music, meaning, etc. You also were born at a time in human development where we have almost eradicated famine, war, and pestilence/plagues that have up until recently ravaged our species. This has cuased a population explosion, but against conventional logic, humanity worldwide has never been more prosperous and well fed than it is now. It’s also a time where we have advanced technology that makes our lives immensely more comfortable...and awesome. Like vacations are a thing. That wasn’t the case for 99.9% of human history. You’re not a slave, you’re not a serf, you’re not forced to fight in a war where you’re going to slowly die from an arrow barrage, and you’re not a citizen of a government where the leader can mistakenly think you insulted him and order your execution. Despite all that good, we as a species still strive to make things even better. And in the face of all that good, there is still plenty of bad and mortality around you to compare and contrast how good you have it.

ok

Not sure how that applies to the question I asked above (or if it was supposed to).

The proof is all around you that there is a God, a Creator.
Ridiculous. Rather there is proof all around you that there is no god.
I see beauty and a masterpiece work of art.
So? Thank the artist. Or should we just conclude that you’ve never done anything with your life and whatever you have, God bestowed it on you? If that is true…why do some people have less than others? Why are some more talented than others? Why are some born with a talent others can’t even imagine? I think it is just the product of gene soup and some people have it and some people do not. But I’d like to hear your defense of God on why some are born with CF, Downs, etc… and some are not.

I chastise anyone that kills defenseless innocent human life. The mother, the doctor, etc. Everyone involved is complicit in murder.

So your position is this.

You are saying that mothers, doctors, everyone is complicit to murder in having an abortion.
The pro-choice crowd says that it isn’t a murder because the baby is not born yet.

Lets say the baby is born—is outside the womb--but nobody feeds it and it dies. Are they complicit in murder then? Of course.

Now, God supposedly has the power to save a baby but lets it die in the womb. And you’re completely okay with your God letting the baby die—you consider it a child right—and you continue to worship the God who lets children die in utero.

Put another way, you see no difference between a doctor, nurse, mother killing the baby in utero or after it’s born. But you worship a God who lets a baby die in utero or after it’s born when—according to you as a Christian—it has the power to save it.

ok

Not sure how that applies to the question I asked above (or if it was supposed to).
It does, you’re just one of those atheist who hasn’t thought out their position. I suppose you believe in free will?

Forum List

Back