Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
MisterBeale.

The appropriate response to this thread is:

"Jeremiah....you are a fucking freak of a loser. Get a life!"

Not:

"They said it about Bush too!"

Get it?

Sure, I get that you will back track and state that this is your opinion now. However, this is a very immature and sophomoric way to deal with reality buddy.

LS19_ThoseWhoCannotRemeberThePastAreCondemnedToRepeatIt.jpg

See, the thing is, both Ringel and I are both far more intelligent than you. That is why we both pointed the fact out that you failed to see. Once you got owned, you were so obtuse, that now you have taken a different tact, and have decided that this, "learning from history," has no bearing on the issue. That is because you are not very bright.

You can call it "deflection," if you want, I call it intelligence.

Anyone that reads this thread can see how pathetic you appear to be. We'll let the record stand for itself sir.

They did say it about Bush.

And I well recall conservatives in the 80s saying the 22nd amendment should be repealed so the Gipper could stay on the job.

"Nancy, I can't remember where I left my jelly beans."

It is no more a serious possibility than when the loonie left was claiming President Bush was planning the same.
So then you believe it is 100% impossible that he will stay in office.

I believe it is a ridiculous question, just like it was in 2008.

No question is ridiculous if it is deeply concerning to our fellow Americans. It is worth the discussion and consideration into their point of view. (I share their point of view - mind you)

The non violent transfer of power is one of the Hallmarks of our Republic. Fears that it will change next election are baseless.
But Obama sees America differently than we do. LOL

Well, he is from the other side of the tracks......

Jeremiah, from one Christian to another....here some advice for you...coming from God, To YOU, Miss Gossip, Miss Innuendo, Miss Slander.... You have way too many threads started, of simply gossip and chatter for ill will... is this truly representing Christians or followers of Christ?

Ephesians 4:29 ESV / 997 helpful votes
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Matthew 15:18 ESV / 794 helpful votes
But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

Proverbs 12:18 ESV / 751 helpful votes
There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Matthew 12:36 ESV / 625 helpful votes
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Proverbs 16:24 ESV / 542 helpful votes
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Matthew 12:37 ESV / 403 helpful votes
For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Colossians 3:8 ESV / 390 helpful votes
But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

Proverbs 13:3 ESV / 372 helpful votes
Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 15:1 ESV / 369 helpful votes
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 21:23 ESV / 365 helpful votes
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

James 1:26 ESV / 308 helpful votes
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Psalm 19:14 ESV / 303 helpful votes
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

James 3:1-12 ESV / 268 helpful votes
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! ...

Proverbs 15:4 ESV / 247 helpful votes
A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

Proverbs 29:20 ESV / 228 helpful votes
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 17:28 ESV / 206 helpful votes
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 25:11 ESV / 193 helpful votes
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.

Luke 6:45 ESV / 181 helpful votes
The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Proverbs 17:27 ESV / 164 helpful votes
Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.

Proverbs 15:2 ESV / 162 helpful votes
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

Romans 12:14 ESV / 152 helpful votes
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

John 1:1 ESV / 149 helpful votes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Colossians 4:6 ESV / 148 helpful votes
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Proverbs 16:23-24 ESV / 136 helpful votes
The heart of the wise makes his speech judicious and adds persuasiveness to his lips. Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Proverbs 11:12 ESV / 125 helpful votes
Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Proverbs 27:2 ESV / 122 helpful votes
Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.

Proverbs 17:9 ESV / 119 helpful votes
Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.

Proverbs 18:13 ESV / 118 helpful votes
If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.

Proverbs 10:19 ESV / 113 helpful votes
When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

John 8:31-32 ESV / 105 helpful votes
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Matthew 12:34 ESV / 103 helpful votes
You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Proverbs 18:20 ESV / 99 helpful votes
From the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach is satisfied; he is satisfied by the yield of his lips.

Romans 10:8 ESV / 97 helpful votes
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

Isaiah 54:17 ESV / 96 helpful votes
No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.”

James 3:6 ESV / 93 helpful votes
And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.

Psalm 141:3 ESV / 93 helpful votes
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

Leviticus 19:16-17 ESV / 30 helpful votes
You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

I have been noticing more and more articles about Obama and those who believe he is going to do something in order to stay in office once his term is up. What do you think? Will he stay in office after his term is finished or won't he?
Fantasy scenario, not even worthy of idle speculation.

I have been noticing more and more articles about Obama and those who believe he is going to do something in order to stay in office once his term is up. What do you think? Will he stay in office after his term is finished or won't he?
Give me a fuckin' break. The left pulled this shit when Bush was in office.

jck.gif

No.....the left did no such thing.
No one on the left claimed Bush would declare Marshal Law and try to stay in office, eh?
Go back to through the posts in 2008.......... On just about every political messageboard....... :lmao:

"The Left" refers to EVERYONE on the left. The idea that one or two crackpots ( like Jeremiah ) may have said something stupid is not an indictment of THE LEFT, jackass.
I never intended to infer all the left, just hardwired DNC tools like yourself. Only someone who is blindly stupid or feeling guilty (and not know me) would think that I was being all inclusive......... Sputz......
Have a nice day. :bye1:

jck.gif

:lol: Oh yes they did. I remember it vividly and I also recall the right saying the same with Clinton.

jck.gif

been clearer but
:lol: Oh yes they did. I remember it vividly and I also recall the right saying the same with Clinton.
He thought I was referring to the entire left, admittedly I could have been clearer but heck, if anyone has been on the board as long as he has should know I wasn't being all inclusive. He just got a burr up his ass, oh well. :dunno:
:D

jck.gif

The left did think that Bush would not leave office but as for Clinton? I do not recall ever hearing such a thing What is your source for that story?

Fantasy scenario, not even worthy of idle speculation.

There has been more than idle speculation on this thread about it. Obviously it is more than a fantasy for some people. It's a serious concern.

They did say it about Bush.

And I well recall conservatives in the 80s saying the 22nd amendment should be repealed so the Gipper could stay on the job.

"Nancy, I can't remember where I left my jelly beans."

You are right. They did fear that George Bush Jr. would not leave office. It makes more sense now (somewhat) now that we see what they had waiting for us - Obama. What a nightmare - the fear is America will not see the day he is gone back to Hawaii or Chicago or wherever he was living before. Considering what he has done so far - it is understandable that people would be concerned about it.

Since he first took office I have believed his intention would be to stay.

That's because you're a nut job

If it makes you feel better to move my thread to the conspiracy forum - feel free - but I'm not crazy and you know it, Taz. If you see that he doesn't leave office you can make a public retraction on USMB. I'm a very patient person. I can wait until then.

This thread belongs in the mental case Conspiracy Theory thread doesn't it?

Asking a question that is on the minds of many Americans does not denote mental illness but rather is a sign that not every trusts this president. Has this occurred to you or do you not consider the motive of such a question? So far the poll is at 50 -50 so I'd say there are two sides to the story. You should consider that before going off the rails.

I give this the same attention as when people were saying Bush wouldn't leave office.

Nutjob status. You can ask any question you like and you'll likely get various answers.

Would bigfoot prefer paper or plastic? Let's get some opinions, which would bigfoot prefer?

Yep I'm sure he's just wondering to himself "Should I stay or should I go"?

Such a internal Clash

It's always tease tease tease........

Great song and hilarious. After playing Far Cry 4 though that is what I see when I hear this song.

Pagan Min!

Why don't you do a poll on that, Isaac and see how many participants you get in your poll and how many replies /comments you receive.

In the meantime the poll for this discussion's results are thus far - 19 people say no. 9 people say yes. That is statistically 32.1% say he won't leave office when his time is up - 67.9% say that he will leave office when his time is up. 32.1% is a substantial number of people. There were also 174 replies and close to a thousand people who read it. Nothing to mock about.

USMB - Where every voice counts!

Last edited:
Why don't you do a poll on that, Isaac and see how many participants you get in your poll and how many replies /comments you receive.

In the meantime the poll for this discussion's results are thus far - 19 people say no. 9 people say yes. That is statistically 32.1% say he won't leave office when his time is up - 67.9% say that he will leave office when his time is up. 32.1% is a substantial number of people. There were also 174 replies and close to a thousand people who read it. Nothing to mock about.

There are thousands of members of the Flat Earth society. I'm sure almost all of them are nice people that live normal lives. And they are all wrong and not worth debating or being given the time to detail their reasoning.

So I'm done here, you carry on however you like. I'm sure you are a nice person.

There are thousands of members of the Flat Earth society. I'm sure almost all of them are nice people that live normal lives. And they are all wrong and not worth debating or being given the time to detail their reasoning.

So I'm done here, you carry on however you like. I'm sure you are a nice person.
06-03-2012_Screw_Ball_T_SHIRT_det.jpg

Oh, hell no he won't try to stay past his term.

Hold on a minute.

Let me take six or seven hits from a crack pipe. Be right back.

You do know that there are retired military who are convinced he is not leaving and are even saying so. Right?

And you know that to do that he would have to declare martial law (which means the military would have to be on his side) and become a dictator. Which means all of those people who believe he is going to do that and are saying it even so are, by definition, idiots. Right? So you are basing your opinion on the opinions of idiots.

Forum List

Back