Will Mrs. Obama Turn Into A Pillar Of Salt?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I am not big on citing the Bible. I seldom quote the Bible; and never debate the Bible or its philosophy. Mr. & Mrs. Lot leaving office less than a month from today brought this story to mind:

Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt?
Question: "Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt?"

Answer: Genesis 19 tells the story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot, Abraham’s nephew, lived in Sodom with his family. His daughters were engaged to local men. Lot was sitting at the gate of Sodom, the area where financial and judicial transactions took place, when two angels came into town. Lot invited them to stay with his family. After a rather exciting evening, the angels made sure Lot, his wife, and his two daughters left before God destroyed the city (Genesis 19:13). As they fled, the angels warned them, “Escape for your life! Do not look behind you, and do not stay anywhere in the valley; escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away” (Genesis 19:17).

Lot ran, his daughters close behind. “But his wife, from behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt” (Genesis 19:26). She lagged behind. She turned and watched the flaming sulfur fall from the sky, consuming everything she valued. Then it consumed her. The Hebrew for “looked back” means more than to glance over one’s shoulder. It means “to regard, to consider, to pay attention to.” The Scriptures don’t say whether her death was a punishment for valuing her old life so much that she hesitated in obeying, or if it was a simple consequence of her reluctance to leave her life quickly. Either she identified too much with the city—and joined it—or she neglected to fully obey God’s warning, and she died.

We’re fortunate to receive similar warnings. Ephesians 4:22-24 tells us to take off the old self that is ruled by sin and be renewed, putting on the new self that is in the likeness of God. Similarly, 1 John 5:16 says that willful, deliberate sin can lead to death. Lot’s wife wasn’t able to accept that. What she chose to value in her heart led her to sin, which led to her death.

The Bible isn’t clear whether Lot’s wife was covered in the salt that rained down with the brimstone or if her remains were dusted with a coating of salt later. But it is interesting that she is described as a “pillar.” The Hebrew for “pillar” refers to a garrison or a deputy, that is, something set to watch over something else. The image of Lot’s wife standing watch over the Dead Sea area—where to this day no life can exist—is a poignant reminder to us not to look back or turn back from the profession of faith we have made, but to follow Christ without hesitation and abide in His love (Luke 17:32).

Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt?

Admittedly, my analogy is far from perfect; nevertheless, President Obama turned this country into the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. My question is: Will Mrs. Lot look back and turn into a pillar of salt? The answer is yes. She will look back with the pride she never had for the country that gave her so much.

“She turned and watched the flaming sulfur fall from the sky, consuming everything she valued.”​

I do not possess enough knowledge of the Bible to speculate on the things the biblical Mrs. Lot valued, but there is no doubt that our Mrs. Lot values every malevolent thing she and Mr. Lot did to this country.

Last edited:
Watching trump move in will be more like rubbing salt in their wounds,
but as long as she shuts her yapper I'll count it as a win.

In the story, they're walking away, and that's the important part, far as I'm concerned.

Interesting post Flanders. Maybe knowing what spirit in human Lot represents may help some while pondering your postings this morning.

Lot {lote} is the spirit of a veiled or covered over tightly wrapped human (a casting encased wrapped tightly with a veil of protection and a covering as blinded or unable to see out from inside of the box). The begotten of the spirit of Haran ‘mountaineer, break down, break away, to start a cleanup’ and mother ‘opening’ Milcah ‘queen (trap, to ensnare with a net, a milch beast, kamel bow down or giving honor of carnal post or positions, a fire pot)’, Genesis 11:27. Nephew to Abraham ‘father, chief of a multitude’. Brother to Iscah ‘one who looks forth’. The beget unawares to Moab ‘the mother’s father, is the father’ the family of the Moabites through (Lot’s) the eldest daughter (bath, bethel, grouping, company) after Lot goes out of Zoar ‘little, insignificant (the grey area, not hot or cold yet)’ to the mountain (that place in the mind), Genesis 19:30-37. Also the beget of Lot’s younger daughter’s begotten Benammi ‘son of my people’; the beget to the family of the children of Ammon ‘sayer, seer of public prominence’ Ammonites ‘tribal, kinsmen, people (brethren), like minded’ even as it is so today, Genesis 19:38 Akin to being smeared with a little salvation and grace. Lot’s daughters ‘companies, baths, associations, etcetera’ desire to have convenient amenable human(s), like Lot. These are called Moabites), Genesis 19:32-37

What happens when the salt has lost its flavor?

More clues for those seeking to watch the spirit move are written about. Sodom and Gomorrah has five cities to be destroyed. Zoar is spared at Lot plea for his place of refuge, Genesis 19. Zoar Tso`ar {tso’ar} ‘insignificance (grey areas, between not fully hot or cold, growing small to be brought low)’ is one of those. It is a mountain City at the southeast end of the Dead Sea ‘asleep as the dead in the mist of uncertainty’ is grouped with Sodom ‘burning (rancid, boiled in their corruption & anger)’ and Gomorrah ‘submersion (sheaves gathered together in evil)’.

The following had different spellings and I have not had the chance to research them further yet to see if or how many differences are in the meanings as written. It may give a clue as to what transpires with that pillar of salt that turned its back on going forward and chose to look backwards instead. Kir-hares Kirheres Kir-haresh Kirharaseth Kir-hareseth Kirhareseth Qiyr Cheres { keer kheh’res} Qiyr Chareseth {keer khar·eh’seth} ‘a wall of potsherds’ (the culls use charcuwth {khar·sooth’} heres, broken red tiles to scrap loose pieces, lots or little portions that remain in order to subdue. Seth- with a compensation break down the walls)’ Qiyr ‘walls’, Isaiah 22:5. One of two chief’s (monopolies) of Moab ‘amenable, like his father, who is the mother’s father’ the daughters of Lot want reliable veiled human’s with the host just like their father Lot ‘veiled, covered’ for they (daughters born in Sodom ‘burning, boiled in corruption, burning in inequity’. Companies, baths, assemblies, bureaucracies or groups that will go along blindly they can depend on to be ‘veiled and covered’ amenable like Lot, Genesis 19:8. These that are the objects of the Lord’s wrath, for their loftiness, arrogance, pride, and haughtiness in their hearts, Jeremiah 48:31

Forum List

Back