Will House Republicans suffer or benefit from shutting down the government?

Democrats have been too busy chasing the second-hand smoke surrounding President Trump than actually working for the people. There, I fixed it for you. You really should seek help for your myopia and amnesia.
What has the GOP controlled House done so far?

It takes two sides to shut down the government and so far the president refuses to negotiate or even meet with the republican house speaker. Democrats have everything to gain and nothing to lose since they and their minions in the media will surely blame republicans. The bottom line is that republicans would be the bad guys, wild claims would be made about the shutdown, Biden would pretend to be the victim and it might give him a couple of points in the polls and everyone would forget about the crime rate, cost of energy and the millions of homeless illegal aliens and the Country going down the drain.

About as much as the democrat controlled house did during the Trump admin. Maybe you should try to keep up with current events even when the narrative doesn't compliment your chosen party.
Neither party can do much in the House , because 80% of their bills get blocked in the Senate if the other party has majority in the Senate

It takes two sides to shut down the government and so far the president refuses to negotiate or even meet with the republican house speaker. Democrats have everything to gain and nothing to lose since they and their minions in the media will surely blame republicans. The bottom line is that republicans would be the bad guys, wild claims would be made about the shutdown, Biden would pretend to be the victim and it might give him a couple of points in the polls and everyone would forget about the crime rate, cost of energy and the millions of homeless illegal aliens and the Country going down the drain.
Spin.

The GOPers in the House are savaging each other over things. They can't even agree on what day of the week it is.

Stop attempting to spread blame.

You're not too sharp are you? I answered this question. If you are honest with yourself--they've done the same as the democrat controlled house did during the Trump admin--fucking nothing. You reap what you sow, moron.
Nah, that wasn't an answer, anymore than your post here makes any sense at all. Not really.

Last edited:
Let us discuss the repercussions of a possible shut down by the House GOP.
Would this GOP shutdown be seen positively, negatively, or neutrally by the American people and voters?

This is uncharted territory, as there has never been a shutdown in my lifetime.
This GOP shut down would be the first one, so I don’t have the background to base my opinion on, so I ask you guys to give me your opinion on the possible consequences of this House GOP shutdown.

Thank you
The House past a spending bill, 4 in fact, over 24 hours ago

The ball is in Chucky’s court

Nah, you don't have a brain but you have been indoctrinated by democrat/globalists. Have another glass of kool aid. Maybe you should go back to being reawakened

Two things that put it all into context:

The Republicans Driving Congress Toward a Shutdown

With a Sept. 30 deadline looming, hard-right House Republicans have formed a wall of opposition to a temporary measure to fund the government.

McCarthy says hard-right Republicans ‘want to burn whole place down’

Conference fails to approve procedural motion to take up defense spending bill as government shutdown looms

Let us discuss the repercussions of a possible shut down by the House GOP.
Would this GOP shutdown be seen positively, negatively, or neutrally by the American people and voters?

This is uncharted territory, as there has never been a shutdown in my lifetime.
This GOP shut down would be the first one, so I don’t have the background to base my opinion on, so I ask you guys to give me your opinion on the possible consequences of this House GOP shutdown.

Thank you
I believe that the Republians will be seen Positively regarding a Shutdown, this time around.

For perhaps one of the first times, their messaging (linked to the border) has been well-timed and communicated.

The Shutdown - if it happens - will be the result of an argument over the border.

Just as they've shoved Illegal Aliens down the throats of Blue Sanctuary Cities until those mayors began to cry out...

It is my hope that the Republicans have the courage to keep up the pressure with the budget as well, and do not weaken...

Shove it down their throats until they choke and concede...

For once, the Republicans have time and the public on their side...

I suggest that they not phukk this one up like they have so many times in the past.

The Republicans Driving Congress Toward a Shutdown
The democrats driving congress toward a shutdown--compromise.
temporary measure
Compromise--no temporary measures. This is BS when the minority attempts to dictate. Try again
Biden has nothing to do with any shutdown.
I don't recall saying he did, glad you realize it. Maybe democrats should shut down the border.

The democrats driving congress toward a shutdown--compromise.

Compromise--no temporary measures. This is BS when the minority attempts to dictate. Try again

I don't recall saying he did, glad you realize it. Maybe democrats should shut down the border.

Biden has nothing to do with any shutdown. It's between the two houses of the US Congress.

Shutdown looks more likely, as House GOP leaders reject Senate plan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/09/27/government-shutdown-house-rejects-senate-spending-bill/

Neither party is in the habit of compromising an American war. Instead of sending 26 billion bucks to the Ukraine, a compromise can be reached by sending 6 1/2 billion in 4 installments.

That will alllow Biden to get his way on the war and allow the Republicans to claim a win.

And no American will know the difference, or even care! Communists will be blamed for the higher taxes.
And to think that 5 billion dollars for President Trump to build a wall was too expensive....Right? <SARCASM>

Forum List

Back