Will House Republicans suffer or benefit from shutting down the government?

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
Let us discuss the repercussions of a possible shut down by the House GOP.
Would this GOP shutdown be seen positively, negatively, or neutrally by the American people and voters?

This is uncharted territory, as there has never been a shutdown in my lifetime.
This GOP shut down would be the first one, so I don’t have the background to base my opinion on, so I ask you guys to give me your opinion on the possible consequences of this House GOP shutdown.

Thank you

Would this GOP shutdown be seen positively, negatively, or neutrally by the American people and voters?

This GOP shut down would be the first one, so I don’t have the background to base my opinion on, so I ask you guys to give me your opinion on the possible consequences of this House GOP shutdown.

Thank you
The bill has a clause that if the Democrats help close the border, then it will pass. If the Democrats refuse to close the border, i hope the government shuts down for years.....

I'm pretty sure their paychecks and pensions and stock portfolios aren't threatened, and everyone will vote party line like we always do, and the news bitches will tell us all we need to know. Oh, and we'll add another trillion to the deficit and nothing will change here in Blame Central.

Thank you

Right, you get your way or it's the Republican's fault. Just another useless leftist ass

I'm pretty sure their paychecks and pensions and stock portfolios aren't threatened, and everyone will vote party line like we always do, and the news bitches will tell us all we need to know. Oh, and we'll add another trillion to the deficit and nothing will change here in Blame Central.
Oh things will change all right...Did you notice that a 12 pack of soda which 5 years ago was $3.33 is now over $9.00. It will get much worse before it gets better especially when the national debt next year will go over 35 trillion and that 12 pack will cost $20.00

No government employee is threatened by any shutdown.

Any money not paid during the shutdown gets paid out to them when the government opens, along with any accruals of vacation and benefits.

All on the taxpayer.

Thank you
Will Democrats suffer or benefit from shutting down the government?

Neither party is in the habit of compromising an American war. Instead of sending 26 billion bucks to the Ukraine, a compromise can be reached by sending 6 1/2 billion in 4 installments.

That will alllow Biden to get his way on the war and allow the Republicans to claim a win.

And no American will know the difference, or even care! Communists will be blamed for the higher taxes.

Thank you
Ot will be the refusal of the Dumbocraps to ever compromise that will cause a shutdown. Fucking Demented President Potato wouldn’t even meet with the Speaker.

So, as a far left wing liberal allegedly from Georgia, don’t you think Potato needs to be impeached for abdicating his obligations?

It shuts down Jack Smith... say adios to the case against Trump....

Ot will be the refusal of the Dumbocraps to ever compromise that will cause a shutdown. Fucking Demented President Potato wouldn’t even meet with the Speaker.

So, as a far left wing liberal allegedly from Georgia, don’t you think Potato needs to be impeached for abdicating his obligations?
Well, Schumer will squeeze a few crocodile tears and hold his breath if he can't get his way, but he'll shut down the government if he doesn't get exactly what he wants. Make no mistake about it.

Neither party is in the habit of compromising an American war. Instead of sending 26 billion bucks to the Ukraine, a compromise can be reached by sending 6 1/2 billion in 4 installments.

That will alllow Biden to get his way on the war and allow the Republicans to claim a win.

And no American will know the difference, or even care! Communists will be blamed for the higher taxes.
I would rather see 26 Billion spent on supporting American homelessness and Seniors rather than a PROXY war designed to try to Bankrupt Russia like we did with Afghanistan. Plus, the defense contractors get big contracts to resupply aging weapons in our stockpile.

Thank you
Biden is hoping for a Clinton Redux.

Polling generally showed that most respondents blamed congressional Republicans for the shutdowns, and Clinton's handling of the shutdowns may have bolstered his ultimately successful campaign in the 1996 presidential election.

The government has been shut down several times in the last twenty years.

We will all survive just as we have before.

1695848467393.png

Right, you get your way or it's the Republican's fault. Just another useless leftist ass
Republicans are too busy chasing the second-hand smoke surrounding President Biden, than actually working for the people.

The MAGA Mongoloids in the lower house of the US Congress is screwing things up.

Oh things will change all right...Did you notice that a 12 pack of soda which 5 years ago was $3.33 is now over $9.00. It will get much worse before it gets better especially when the national debt next year will go over 35 trillion and that 12 pack will cost $20.00
Six packs of craft beer are running between $10 and $16 now. Even InBev produced IPAs are running between $13 and $16 a six pack.

Republicans are too busy chasing the second-hand smoke surrounding President Biden, than actually working for the people.
Democrats have been too busy chasing the second-hand smoke surrounding President Trump than actually working for the people. There, I fixed it for you. You really should seek help for your myopia and amnesia.

Forum List

Back