Will GM be significantly foriegn owned?

Why don't we just go ahead and give China the US. If they ever recall all the debt we owe them, they will own it then anyway.

Here's what our everyone in Washington is wearing these days...

Attachments

• $S162.jpg
    $S162.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 60
I read where more than one Chinese company (a.k.a. Chinese Gov't) is already set to purchase not only GM but Chrysler.

Just how stupid are we?

it is a minor subsidiary, and GM made this info public before the restructuring of GM. They said then that they also intended to offshore a good bit of their parts manufacture to China.

If you didn't see this coming then you might not really understand globalization. Just sayin.

I read where more than one Chinese company (a.k.a. Chinese Gov't) is already set to purchase not only GM but Chrysler.

Just how stupid are we?

it is a minor subsidiary, and GM made this info public before the restructuring of GM. They said then that they also intended to offshore a good bit of their parts manufacture to China.

If you didn't see this coming then you might not really understand globalization. Just sayin.

I understand globalization perfectly well.
Do you?

Just how stupid are we?

really? tell that to Delphi, cause I am not sure they know that. In fact I am sure obama as one of his selling points used the supply chain and oh as an example of one of the biggest, the 150K Delphi employees as examples of massive unemployment that would occur if GM et al went down.

Just how stupid are we?

I understand globalization perfectly well.
Do you?

duh, of course I do, that's why I knew this would happen a year ago. (I actually predicted it 3 years ago) Well that and the fact that GM said so. In press reports. They said they intended to move a great deal of their manufacturing to China and doing that requires a Chinese partner or Chinese subcontractors. An American firm can't own 100% of a business in China.

They announced that while they were petitioning Congress for a bailout.

Last edited:

Just how stupid are we?

really? tell that to Delphi, cause I am not sure they know that. In fact I am sure obama as one of his selling points used the supply chain and oh as an example of one of the biggest, the 150K Delphi employees as examples of massive unemployment that would occur if GM et al went down.

Under Restructuring, GM To Build More Cars Overseas

By Peter Whoriskey
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 8, 2009

The U.S. government is pouring billions into General Motors in hopes of reviving the domestic economy, but when the automaker completes its restructuring plan, many of the company's new jobs will be filled by workers overseas.

Under Restructuring, GM To Build More Cars Overseas - washingtonpost.com

We are approaching the point where companies having stuff built in China will have to start looking for someplace besides the US to sell their Chinese built stuff.

again just because it is good for Wall Street does not mean it is good for America.

We are approaching the point where companies having stuff built in China will have to start looking for someplace besides the US to sell their Chinese built stuff.

again just because it is good for Wall Street does not mean it is good for America.

So why are American politicians still in love with globalization, market liberalization etc, esp in the face of rampant Chinese protectionism?

How could anybody still claim that they don't see where this is heading? Maybe 5 years ago you could feign ignorance. But no more.

So why are American politicians still in love with globalization, market liberalization etc, esp in the face of rampant Chinese protectionism?

The best defense I see is by encouraging capitalism in China and making it easy on them we won't have to fight a communist country.

Not that I agree

In the old days what was good for Wall Street also helped Main Street USA. Now selling out US corporations to China is great for Wall Street profits but destructive for Main Street. Soon China will own all our patents, corporations & debt. We are now a third world country paying China interest on our debt & buying all our goods from them. This administration is helping China along while China continues its protectionist practices. We are just giving it all away & getting little in return.

Letting foreigners have some low wage & skilled jobs years ago was one thing, But we are now giving them Corporations, Patents, National Resources & Deed of Trust on the Country.

How could anybody still claim that they don't see where this is heading? Maybe 5 years ago you could feign ignorance. But no more.

Because it benefits corporations and we live in a politicorp?
it is nothing but bs propaganda from the corporations and fed to us theur politicians and the corporate controlled media.
We actually believe what the tube says.

I wrote this in another thread today...
America's greatest threat has been China for a good 10 years. Not from their guns, but from their patience.

Because it benefits corporations and we live in a politicorp?
it is nothing but bs propaganda from the corporations and fed to us theur politicians and the corporate controlled media.
We actually believe what the tube says.

But China IS a corporation. And they are gonna be as soul less and inhumane toward us as they were toward their own people in their last revolution.

Considering the magnitude of the arsenal and energy we have spent protecting ourselves from distant threats since 1945 it absolutely boggles the imagination to watch us straightforwardly selling ourselves into slavery today.

I know you get it, I just can't believe what I am watching.

Forum List

Back