Will Gap toothed, sarcastic, Letterman really be missed.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
Will that gapped toothed, sarcastic David Letterman really be missed on late night television?

I would think not. David Colbert will be a much needed replacement for the sarcastic antics of the slapstick Letterman.

Thank you.

It has been said that people who have suffered hemorrhoids for a number of years feel a profound sense of loss after their surgical removal. So, yes, there is hope that Letterman's passing might not go unlamented.

I met Dave Letterman's mom in the Second Presbyterian Church in Indianapolis, IN.

One would be hard pressed to believe that a gracious decent and loving lady is actually the mother of a disgraceful punk.

If Letterman had any decency, he would pack it up tonight. Post haste.

I don't watch any of those late-night shows but what I have seen of both Letterman and Leno makes me wonder about their popularity. I find them both un-funny, obnoxious, boring, and often annoying. The same goes for that Scottish guy whose name I don't know.

I liked Letterman early on.
Even preferred him over Leno...

Then it seemed he became an angry guy.
The joke he made about Palin's young daughter did it for me...

He's an angry Lib...

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Letterman was just an entertainer. The real question is why the left wing relies on the comedy channel for political analysis.

I grew up on David Letterman.
Although I've stopped watching that sort of program for many years now, he'll be missed.
With that said, it's just the changing of the guard, out with the old and in with the new.
They made a great choice, David Letterman changed the game and raised the bar, and Stephen Colbert will change the game and raise the bar even more.

I don't watch any of those late-night shows but what I have seen of both Letterman and Leno makes me wonder about their popularity. I find them both un-funny, obnoxious, boring, and often annoying. The same goes for that Scottish guy whose name I don't know.

Craig Ferguson. He is actually the most genuine of the bunch.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Who the fuck is "David Colbert"? And what does a gap in one's teeth have to do with anything? And what's wrong with sarcasm? You think "David Colbert" can't do sarcasm? Do you even know the difference between "sarcasm" and "slapstick"?

Last edited:

Craig Ferguson. He is actually the most genuine of the bunch.

Remember him on the Drew Carey show? He was hilarious! Great stuff :thup:

I like Craig Ferguson too, but if he was more talented, he'd be the one getting the gig instead of Colbert.

They made the best choice.

I look forward to seeing what Colbert brings to the late night genre.

Interesting that all the successful late night hosts' and their jokes always more liberal. They've all made fun of liberals too but they're best laughs are at the expense of the right.

Dennis Miller, for example, cant even get arrested. He doesn't have any talent but still, I can't think of any late night host who been popular for jokes with libs as the punch line.

Same with a show like SNL making fun of libs.

Because rw's don't have a sense of humor? Naw, too easy.

But, the right does a lot more to make fun of.

I don't watch late light shows and I'll miss watching Colbert in the next-day reruns on the comedy channel. If either he or Fallon was shown again during the day, I'd watch them.

Will he be missed? Not really. His is the lowest rated of all late night shows.

The only time Letterman was ever entertaining was when he went along with Andy Kaufman's fake feud with the wrestler. Other than that the show was canned laughter.

Forum List

Back