Will crude go under $35 a barrel?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Biggest summer driving day coming up this weekend, and then demand drops off for the rest of the year.

The US is drilling like crazy, so is OPEC, and there is no sign in their next meeting they are going to cut it.

I will pay $2.43 a gallon to drive to Baton Rouge for a family business meeting from the Hill County and will pay less next week on the way back.

The deal with Iran will further depress prices and the demand from Brazil/China/India continues to be mediocre.

I bet I will be paying $1.75 a gallon at the end of September.

Will that be a good thing or a bad thing?

• Banned
No, because your question does not merit an answer. You are simply an outlier with no purpose. Now if you want to add to the OP, go ahead.

Oil most definitely could go below $35. It depends on what the commodity traders see in their crystal balls.

Yes supply is increasing, but demand worldwide remains healthy.
And from what I've read, Iraq's surge in production is a very serious concern regarding downward pressure on prices.

This from just yesterday:

NEWS OPEC Crude Production Surges as Iraq Pumps at Record Pace Rigzone

It of course is good for consumers, but bad for the people who make sure we have oil at any price.

I think it's really important to lift the 40 year old ban on U.S. crude exports. It's what we need to keep these rigs drilling and people employed.

World demand is not as healthy as it could be, and, no, no crude exports until we are energy sufficient.

Saudia Arabia is clearly punishing Russia for supporting Assad, Hamas, and Iran, and it appears clear that SA will drive Russia into depression if it can. That will leave Iran and Russia sending worthless oil to one another. China wants no part of that game and will stay with the petro dollar.

Biggest summer driving day coming up this weekend, and then demand drops off for the rest of the year.

The US is drilling like crazy, so is OPEC, and there is no sign in their next meeting they are going to cut it.

I will pay $2.43 a gallon to drive to Baton Rouge for a family business meeting from the Hill County and will pay less next week on the way back.

The deal with Iran will further depress prices and the demand from Brazil/China/India continues to be mediocre.

I bet I will be paying $1.75 a gallon at the end of September.

Will that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Yeah, low energy prices are a bad thing.

Liberals should just kill themselves since they are doomed to die from their own stupidity anyways.

World demand is not as healthy as it could be, and, no, no crude exports until we are energy sufficient.

Saudia Arabia is clearly punishing Russia for supporting Assad, Hamas, and Iran, and it appears clear that SA will drive Russia into depression if it can. That will leave Iran and Russia sending worthless oil to one another. China wants no part of that game and will stay with the petro dollar.
"No crude exports until..."

That is so counterintuitive. But so typical of you.

You do not understand world oil throughput and economics. Or marketing. Most, if not all, foreign countries import crude while at the same time they are exporting crude.

Simple minds....

"No crude exports until..."

That is so counterintuitive. But so typical of you.

You do not understand world oil throughput and economics. Or marketing. Most, if not all, foreign countries import crude while at the same time they are exporting crude.

Simple minds....

Fakey suffers from delusions of grandeur. He believes he controls government trade policy.

Mr. H., you are a low rent intellect. Always have been. Everything I said has been right on or qualified. So, if I act unimpressed by you, guess what.

Mr. H., you are a low rent intellect. Always have been. Everything I said has been right on or qualified. So, if I act unimpressed by you, guess what.
Right on or qualified? You haven't provided a single source for your bullshit.

I've spent 39 years of my life in this industry. What are your "qualifiers", bitch? :slap:

So, you have wasted it then. You can prove me wrong if you can. I am always willing to learn but generally am disappointed by you.

I'll give Obama credit for making us number one in oil and natural gas! This is the only way fossil fuels can survive a few more years against renewables.

What did Obamaloser do to make us number 1?
Be specific.
Actually, it's a lot of what he didn't do to restrict the production of the "old form of energy." However, he did take important steps that certainly has increased US production.

* An increase in the sales of leases for oil and gas drilling on federal lands. In 2013, the Bureau of Land Management held 30 such sales—the most in a decade—offering 5.7 million acres for lease by industry.

* An increase in the speed with which permits are being issued for actual drilling on federal lands. What's called "processing time" has, the White House boasts, been cut from 228 days in 2012 to 194 days in 2013.

* The opening up of an additional 59 million acres for oil and gas drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, the site of a disastrous BP oil spill in April 2010.

Forum List

Back