WikiLeaks Reveals Obama Protected Bush:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
In its first months in office, the Obama administration sought to protect Bush administration officials facing criminal investigation overseas for their involvement in establishing policies the that governed interrogations of detained terrorist suspects. A "confidential" April 17, 2009, cable sent from the US embassy in Madrid to the State Department—one of the 251,287 cables obtained by WikiLeaks—details how the Obama administration, working with Republicans, leaned on Spain to derail this potential prosecution.
Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe | Mother Jones

r331987_1498356.jpg

The principal purpose of prosecuting criminal actions is deterrent. The inevitable effect of interfering with the prosecution of crimes is assurance that the same crimes will be repeated in the future.

Obama's actions in this matter show him to be just another deceitful politician who serves the same masters as did the predecessor he'd protected. Obama cannot be trusted.

This is one reason why they're out to get Julian Assange! Just one!

The handoff of economic policy from Paulson to Geithner was seamless. So why would Obama go after Bush? Why doesn't Bush criticize Obama?
After all, they're just two sides of the same coin.

In its first months in office, the Obama administration sought to protect Bush administration officials facing criminal investigation overseas for their involvement in establishing policies the that governed interrogations of detained terrorist suspects. A "confidential" April 17, 2009, cable sent from the US embassy in Madrid to the State Department—one of the 251,287 cables obtained by WikiLeaks—details how the Obama administration, working with Republicans, leaned on Spain to derail this potential prosecution.

r331987_1498356.jpg

The principal purpose of prosecuting criminal actions is deterrent. The inevitable effect of interfering with the prosecution of crimes is assurance that the same crimes will be repeated in the future.

Obama's actions in this matter show him to be just another deceitful politician who serves the same masters as did the predecessor he'd protected. Obama cannot be trusted.

Effective deterrence requires "getting ahead of the curve" of upcoming disasters/opportunities. Just imagine how much more economic elites will hate Julian Assange by next Memorial Day if his upcoming release of 5GB from one executive's hard drive takes down Bank of America next spring the same way emails demolished Enron.

"Ever modest, when asked about the impact the impending 'megaleak' may pose, Mr. Assange told Forbes, ' It could take down a bank or two.'”

If one or two of the currently existing "too big to save" banks goes the way of Lehman Bros. next year, and, yes, that's a huge IF, there will never be a better time to SHOW Americans the common criminality Republicans AND Democrats wallow in.

The Fed and US Treasury apparently serve Wall Street megabanks first and foremost regardless of which party controls the US Government.

There are only six (?) megabanks left standing.
All qualify as too big to fail (save?)
If Wikileaks has gossip that induces one of these financial giants to imitate Enron, where will the next bail-out come from?

Think back to the Fall of 2008 with members of congress promising martial law if that bail-out was denied a second time.

It CAN happen here.

The Fed and US Treasury apparently serve Wall Street megabanks first and foremost regardless of which party controls the US Government.

There are only six (?) megabanks left standing.
All qualify as too big to fail (save?)
If Wikileaks has gossip that induces one of these financial giants to imitate Enron, where will the next bail-out come from?

Think back to the Fall of 2008 with members of congress promising martial law if that bail-out was denied a second time.

It CAN happen here.

BINGO!

The current MASTERS calling the shots of this economy?

Ken Chenault -American Express
Ken Lewis - Bank of America
Robert Kelly- Bank of New York Mellon
Vikram Pandit - Citigroup
John Kowskinen - Freddie Mac
Lloyd Blankenfeld -Goldman Sacs
Jamie Dimon - JP Morgan Chase
John Mack - Morgan Stanley
Rick Waddell - Nothern Trust
James Rohr - PNC
Ronald Logue - State Street Bank
Richard Davis - US Bank
John Stumpf - Wells Fargo

These guys are far more powerful than any Senator, Congressman or President, folks.

THEY are your masters, not the government.

Our government exists at their pleasure.

Where did I get this list?

These are the guys who met with Obama when he took office.

These are the guys who called the shots which decided which banks were going down and which were going to be the BIG WINNERS who took over the customers of the banks that were not controlled by the INSIDER PARTY.

You idiots can keep imagining that the Rs or Ds are in charge, but those aforementioned MOTU (masters of the universe) are really the power behind the POWER.

If B of A or JP Morgan Chase goes the way of Enron or Lehman Bros and US taxpayers make it clear there WON'T be another bail-out, just how loud can the MOTU's make the American economy scream?

In 2008 the were predictions of 20% - 25% unemployment levels if congress did not pass the bail-out.

Do you think a Depression of that magnitude could happen if the banksters don't get their way?

If we didn't let the banksters get their way by bailing them out, yeah we'd suffer like hell BUT we'd send the fed and the banksters to hell in a handbasket. The people would eventually come out stronger and in control. We had those bastards right where we wanted them a couple of years ago and then congress bailed their ass out.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that President Obama personally has a good deal of admiration and respect for President Bush. They really seem to like each other.

The current MASTERS calling the shots of this economy?

Ken Chenault -American Express
Ken Lewis - Bank of America
Robert Kelly- Bank of New York Mellon
Vikram Pandit - Citigroup
John Kowskinen - Freddie Mac
Lloyd Blankenfeld -Goldman Sacs
Jamie Dimon - JP Morgan Chase
John Mack - Morgan Stanley
Rick Waddell - Nothern Trust
James Rohr - PNC
Ronald Logue - State Street Bank
Richard Davis - US Bank
John Stumpf - Wells Fargo

You forgot:

Xotoxi Alabacalala - Bank of Ar

I keep a low profile on these matters.

r331987_1498356.jpg

I have to agree, as much as it pains me.

I never say anything nice about President Obama and I don't want to start now but.....
It was the right thing to do,a no brainer. What good would it serve to have that going on just as power changed hands and the world economy was on the brink.

I know Those on MSNBC are calling now for the arrest of Dick Cheney this past week.In fact one guy,The guy that Hosts the Ed Shultz show....well he looked pre orgasmic the other day just talking about the possibility that just may happen.

I am pretty sure that President Obama personally has a good deal of admiration and respect for President Bush. They really seem to like each other.

well shit Sallow.....i think by now he understands the BULLSHIT that the guy had to put up with.....and when George handed him the keys to the office.....he no doubt said....."well Barack.....now your going to understand why my hair and Bills hair got so light so fast".....and laughed all the way down to his limo.....and then he lit up a bowl of some nice Alabama Cush....and did some more laughing....

well shit Sallow.....i think by now he understands the BULLSHIT that the guy had to put up with.....and when George handed him the keys to the office.....he no doubt said....."well Barack.....now your going to understand why my hair and Bills hair got so light so fast".....and laughed all the way down to his limo.....and then he lit up a bowl of some nice Alabama Cush....and did some more laughing....

:lol:

The corruption is blatant & in your face. 2 years later the media leaks that $11 Trillion were used to bail-out select banks & business. That is almost the entire GDP of our country. In turn these select banks & business decide who gets what. I joined the TEA party hoping to put a stop to this crap. I sure hope they have not been hi-jacked by one of these parties.

If we didn't let the banksters get their way by bailing them out, yeah we'd suffer like hell BUT we'd send the fed and the banksters to hell in a handbasket. The people would eventually come out stronger and in control. We had those bastards right where we wanted them a couple of years ago and then congress bailed their ass out.
The people might eventually come out stronger from purging the banksters and their Republican AND Democrat operatives, what if the cost begins with watching every $10 bill in your possession transformed into a $5 bill courtesy of the banker's bank, aka, the Federal Reserve?

Whether you admire or revile Assange, if he turns out to be "the prophet of a coming age of involuntary transparency", his actions will come with a price we will all share in.

From Forbes Nov. 29, 2010:

"Having exposed military misconduct on a grand scale, he is now gunning for corporate America.

"Does Assange have unpublished, damaging documents on pharmaceutical companies?

"Yes, he says.

"Finance?

"Yes, many more than the single bank scandal we’ve been discussing.

"Energy?

"Plenty, on everything from BP to an Albanian oil firm that he says attempted to sabotage its competitors’ wells.

"Like informational IEDs, these damaging revelations can be detonated at will."

Get ready to duck and suffer.

The corruption is blatant & in your face. 2 years later the media leaks that $11 Trillion were used to bail-out select banks & business. That is almost the entire GDP of our country. In turn these select banks & business decide who gets what. I joined the TEA party hoping to put a stop to this crap. I sure hope they have not been hi-jacked by one of these parties.
When the Tea Party first surfaced some on the Left thought it could become an international workers/renters rights party capable of punishing Republicans AND Democrats alike at the polls.

The Koch brothers, Karl Rove and US Chamber of Commerce thought otherwise; however, should another "financial crisis" like the one in 2008 materialize between now and November 2012, it's barely possible US voters will decide to purge ALL elected Republicans AND Democrats from ALL branches of US Government.

How about Ralph Nader vs Ron Paul (Libertarian) for the 2012 White House with the loser serving as VP?

r331987_1498356.jpg

And these rightwinged whores here call Obama a Liberal?? LMAO!!! They are fools!!:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back