Why?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Why do so many posters engage in name calling and disparaging remarks when they have a difference of opinion with another? Is this a way to vent their anger to something going on in their life?

Just what makes people so ugly that they cannot contain themselves in a civil discussion? Does it make them more superior and they need that so badly?

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of not so nice names when I read some posts, but I wouldn't think of saying it on the board. Nor would I be so rude when in engaging in a face to face discussion. Why do it here?

Why do so many posters engage in name calling and disparaging remarks when they have a difference of opinion with another? Is this a way to vent their anger to something going on in their life?

Just what makes people so ugly that they cannot contain themselves in a civil discussion? Does it make them more superior and they need that so badly?

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of not so nice names when I read some posts, but I wouldn't think of saying it on the board. Nor would I be so rude when in engaging in a face to face discussion. Why do it here?

You moronic shit for brains twit who couldn't come up with a valid argument if it was piped through you kinda name calling? Ya mean like that?

I have no idea.

You moronic shit for brains twit who couldn't come up with a valid argument if it was piped through you kinda name calling? Ya mean like that?

I have no idea.

That's it! Thank you for making it clearer! Now I think I get it. :eusa_clap:

I have no idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQXZBho5jdY]Here endeth the lesson - YouTube[/ame]

I have no idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQXZBho5jdY]Here endeth the lesson - YouTube[/ame]

Oh, THAT was so funny! I was an avid golfer and remembered those days!

We've been talking about some of the better shots we've seen in golf! Some hurt. Do you golf?

It's a great sign of questionable parenting and a losing argument....:talk2hand:

Sometimes the person you are dealing with is so spectacularly stupid that responding to each part of the stupid would take an hour of typing to deal with each point.

And sometimes the person with the insults is just so brain dead that insults is all they got.

I think there's basically four reasons

1. They just immature and/orstupid, and they fail to understand the point of having honest discussions. (they think the point is to win the debate, not find the truth)

2. They're emotionally disturbed (they are seeking a bitchfest)

3. They've set to to derail real discussions (I'll leave it to yall to determine why)

4. Frustrated by trolls, they think they can fight fire with fire

I think some posters are one trick ponies. They use up their one response, which they lifted off someone who knows something, and have nothing left after. Then it is straight to the name calling. Or they got nothing for the topic but can't resist the urge to spew ignorance. Then there are the majority of posters who have their beliefs and God himself couldn't get them to change their minds no matter how many facts, statistics, and events are provided to the contrary.

Just remember the only absolute rule of message boarding, and that is..."Everybody alse knows everything about everything and you are a fool whitout a brain who can't spell. Your lack of "links" means your opinion means less than nothing, and everyone has a PHD compared to your kindergarten degree. When all is said and done you really have no business even being on the board in the first place.":eusa_silenced:

That being said, get out there and give them hell.:D

I have been on a few sites that the avid name calling and cursing one another had ramped up the intellectual responses in a few. Waltky's posts remind me of a few things I have come across from a few different boards where some of the posters are known to do such. California Girl seems to be one that could 'fit right in'... :D

Sometimes being in a calming... atmosphere is not provoking enough for some and posts remain unchallenged/unchallenging. The name calling and cursing, while it can prove to be a distraction and destroy some potential in some, it has it's benefits. :dunno: Some seem to *just* be 'called' to do so... as some are so witty and well equipped with adequate words that it is most effective. :dunno:

The balancing act that mods would have to do in maintaining an atmosphere most productive is not something I envy. I have been on boards that seemingly have some very difficult expectations... I end up sometimes being more passive and accommodating than not... and most of my points seem to be overlooked or annoying as hell to some... and I have even been banned... *lola* Go figure. :dunno:

I don't understand what gets some posters banned... but then, too, when threads go on drama trips I usually loose interest, even if only for a while.

It seems some posters thrive off of drama trips, though, and some post for the sole purpose of provoking such things. :eusa_clap:

I think there's basically four reasons

1. They just immature and/orstupid, and they fail to understand the point of having honest discussions. (they think the point is to win the debate, not find the truth)

2. They're emotionally disturbed (they are seeking a bitchfest)

3. They've set to to derail real discussions (I'll leave it to yall to determine why)

4. Frustrated by trolls, they think they can fight fire with fire

Shit!! He's on to me!!!! :eek:

I have been on a few sites that the avid name calling and cursing one another had ramped up the intellectual responses in a few. Waltky's posts remind me of a few things I have come across from a few different boards where some of the posters are known to do such. California Girl seems to be one that could 'fit right in'... :D

Sometimes being in a calming... atmosphere is not provoking enough for some and posts remain unchallenged/unchallenging. The name calling and cursing, while it can prove to be a distraction and destroy some potential in some, it has it's benefits. :dunno: Some seem to *just* be 'called' to do so... as some are so witty and well equipped with adequate words that it is most effective. :dunno:

The balancing act that mods would have to do in maintaining an atmosphere most productive is not something I envy. I have been on boards that seemingly have some very difficult expectations... I end up sometimes being more passive and accommodating than not... and most of my points seem to be overlooked or annoying as hell to some... and I have even been banned... *lola* Go figure. :dunno:

I don't understand what gets some posters banned... but then, too, when threads go on drama trips I usually loose interest, even if only for a while.

It seems some posters thrive off of drama trips, though, and some post for the sole purpose of provoking such things. :eusa_clap:

Iridescence, I see what you are saying and it does make sense. Provoking someone into a response can be meaningful into a discussion. Interesting point! :)

Forum List

Back