Why would you want to be called "Black"?

Marvin Zinn

Jan 1, 2015
When I arrived in the south there was still segregation, so I have enough experience to see a lot of changes in words, and most make no sense to me.

First it changed from Negro to Colored people, the instead of negro and caucasian it became black and white. But I had friends and neighbors in the south who began all of this because white means good and clean, black evil and dirty. Therefore I refuse both of these and use Negro (same as black in Spanish or Portuguese) and caucasian. I refuse to acknowledged white or call anyone black from my remembrance of history.

However, all that really makes the most sense is to use neither. We are all different shades of brown and pink. Why do we have to go to extreme opposites when we are otherwise almost identical?

Last edited:
Its certainly true that all whites have Native American and Black blood but why should I care what you want to call yourself?

Read this board for a while and you'll see that "white [does not] means good and clean, black [does not mean] evil and dirty".

Just as good people come in all colors, so do bad, evil people.

Why not call people what they want to be called instead of what YOU want to call them?

Doesn't give you the right to destroy, riot and break the law.

Huh?

What does that have to do with the OP?

See why no one believes you when you opine that you're interested in science?

What else would we call this guy? Also, I promote science over an idiot like you a infinity of times. A real retard, fool. A thug supporter and a hater of science.

Doesn't give you the right to destroy, riot and break the law.

Huh?

What does that have to do with the OP?

See why no one believes you when you opine that you're interested in science?

What else would we call this guy? Also, I promote science over an idiot like you a infinity of times. A real retard, fool. A thug supporter and a hater of science.

Who is "this guy"?

Are you saying the OP is a criminal? You could tell that from three posts?

Never mind. I'm not interested in talking with someone who hides his ignorant and blind racism behind childish name calling and calls it "science".

Its certainly true that all whites have Native American and Black blood but why should I care what you want to call yourself?

Read this board for a while and you'll see that "white [does not] means good and clean, black [does not mean] evil and dirty".

Just as good people come in all colors, so do bad, evil people.

You are correct about reality, but millions of people still classify it as I learned 45 years ago, and it also has that meaning in a dictionary, so I just avoid all of it.

Why not call people what they want to be called instead of what YOU want to call them?
Please call me Apichatpong Akinnuoye-Agbaje Weerasethakul the Elder.
I rarely have any idea what someone wants me to call them unless I know their name. I do know that people get very angry about someone calling them other names I never use. If I hear anything else except maybe "Sir", I just ignore it. But I do remember when a boy in the school bus always got on and sat by me and hit me EVERY day. He used the curse word "Whitey" that I had no idea what it meant. After a couple months he was caught by a teacher and I never saw him again. That is one reason I refuse to call anyone by any color throughout my work in 20 countries. I use dictionary correct race name if I have to identify, or "Sir" or "Mam" if I call their attention, and otherwise the person's name.

When I arrived in the south there was still segregation, so I have enough experience to see a lot of changes in words, and most make no sense to me.

First it changed from Negro to Colored people, the instead of negro and caucasian it became black and white. But I had friends and neighbors in the south who began all of this because white means good and clean, black evil and dirty. Therefore I refuse both of these and use Negro (same as black in Spanish or Portuguese) and caucasian. I refuse to acknowledged white or call anyone black from my remembrance of history.

However, all that really makes the most sense is to use neither. We are all different shades of brown and pink. Why do we have to go to extreme opposites when we are otherwise almost identical?
Why do you want to be called Marvin Zinn? It may have started when we found out that Black was the color of divinity. Black is the essence of all life.

I accept only my name, or address as "Sir" if that is not known. Almost all color indications come from pride or hatred, and God will never accept either.

Forum List

Back