Why Would Anyone Wish Christianity to Not Be True?

If he made a decision to accept Christ, then he’s in heaven. It’s between him and God.

The point of Jesus is not to obtain a long life and die at 120, it’s about salvation and molding sinners into better people. Some of the happiest people I know are physically handicapped people, people who broke addictions, people who saved marriages, and yes, people who died from terminal illness. Because they understood who and why Jesus came here.

Again, Jesus is about saving our souls, not extending our time on this earth.

Obviously I’m not a Christian. He wasted 54 years on that silliness and he got nothing out of it. At least I only wasted 27 years on it before I realized the mistake. If he was truly right then I would prefer an Eternity in Hell, thank you very much.

Actually the only way to have free will is to be able to reject God.

Hell is that place.
So God created us with free will but punishes us if we exercise that free will? Interesting plan.
God has no punishment for non believers. You make the choice of rejecting God, you do not go to heaven. It is you that sent yourself to wherever you end up.
If I don't go to heaven what are my other options? I know of hell but I thought that is a place of punishment.
Well, just think of a place in history where no morals or ethics were present.

That’s what hell is, because there is no presence of God there.

If he made a decision to accept Christ, then he’s in heaven. It’s between him and God.

The point of Jesus is not to obtain a long life and die at 120, it’s about salvation and molding sinners into better people. Some of the happiest people I know are physically handicapped people, people who broke addictions, people who saved marriages, and yes, people who died from terminal illness. Because they understood who and why Jesus came here.

Obviously I’m not a Christian. He wasted 54 years on that silliness and he got nothing out of it. At least I only wasted 27 years on it before I realized the mistake. If he was truly right then I would prefer an Eternity in Hell, thank you very much.
I know a guy born with no arms or legs. Not even stumps. He’s got 2 kids and a beautiful wife. And he’s s motivational speaker for a living.

I reject people who self pity.

Hell is that place.
So God created us with free will but punishes us if we exercise that free will? Interesting plan.
God has no punishment for non believers. You make the choice of rejecting God, you do not go to heaven. It is you that sent yourself to wherever you end up.
If I don't go to heaven what are my other options? I know of hell but I thought that is a place of punishment.

There's been moral and ethics anywhere where empathy lives.....doesn't need your god for that.

Hell is that place.

There's been moral and ethics anywhere where empathy lives.....doesn't need your god for that.
Yep, Holy Spirit is everywhere doing His work!

For now.

For now.
You mean Buddha? Or Krishna? Or Odin? Or Zeus? or Coyote? or so on and so forth.....

For now.
You mean Buddha? Or Krishna? Or Odin? Or Zeus? or Coyote? or so on and so forth.....
Whatever you want to call the Great I Am!

I've had a good long life and a wonderful family. What am I missing?
Your life is good, your family wonderful. It doesn't sound like you are missing anything. Do you feel as if you are missing something? If so, what do you think that might be?

In the case of my father it was about the general unfairness of the whole situation. He had finally reached a point in life where he could stop having to do things for everyone else and start doing things for himself and my mom. Less than 3 years later he was dead from a Cancer he probably got serving his country.
Do you believe God targeted your father for cancer? Or do you believe God failed to save your father from cancer? Do you believe this would be the role of God if one existed?

For now.
Whatever you want to call the Great I Am!
Her? Them?

Exactly. Either the material world was created by spirit or it wasn’t. Wishing changes nothing.
Agreed, but isn't faith a form of wishing?
No. Not even close. Faith is having complete trust in something or someone. I never place complete trust in anything without good reason. Do you?
What are you reasons for trusting in God? Has he spoken directly to you or do you accept the Gospels as His word? If the later, why? Do you not wish them to be true and the promise of an afterlife to be real? I think your wishes have given rise to your faith.
Why do I trust God? Because I understand how God works in my life. Because I have seen how he changed the fabric of my identity. Because I have seen how he works through me to affect changes in the lives of those I love. Because I have seen the power that faith in God brings. Because I can look back at my life and see how everything is connected and works for good.

Has God spoken directly to me? Yes, but not in ways you would recognize. God speaks to all of us. We are all being pruned. Why? So that new growth may occur.

Do I wish God to be true and the promise of an afterlife to be real? I don't need to wish it. I have experienced it. I focus on the journey, not the destination.

You think my wishes have given rise to my faith. I think your bias has blinded you and is preventing you from seeing that spirit created the material world so that beings that know and create would arise. I think you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and everything you see is skewed to that result. There isn't one single thing that you will agree with or accept.

Last edited:

I don't know how you ended up attributing that quote to me. I suspect you edited my quote because I never wrote what you are attributing to me.

I'd appreciate it if you would either correct it or have it deleted.

Forum List

Back