Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

Sensible legislation

Virginia gun laws: What sparked Richmond gun rally tied to neo-Nazis?

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
Absolutely there is nothing in those laws that any rational person should find objectionable. It is about the public safety. Given comments on this board and others by right-wingers there are people that should not be anywhere near dangerous objects much less guns.
/——/ Those who give up liberty for the false sense of security deserve neither. BF
Liberty to me is going to church and not fearing I will be shot in the head during a hymnal.
Government cannot prevent that

killers will always find a way

better you should try to stop the hate being spewed toward Christians

Sensible legislation

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
Absolutely there is nothing in those laws that any rational person should find objectionable. It is about the public safety. Given comments on this board and others by right-wingers there are people that should not be anywhere near dangerous objects much less guns.
/——/ Those who give up liberty for the false sense of security deserve neither. BF
Liberty to me is going to church and not fearing I will be shot in the head during a hymnal.

Keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics will.

3. Allow localities to ban guns in some public areas

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?
/—-/ Banning voting in some precincts would be a local rule too.
Sorry pal

But we don’t want you carrying your gun at sporting events, schools and public festivals

If you don’t feel safe without your gun...avoid public areas

Sensible legislation

/——/ Lunatics can always find a way to get a weapon. Your solution only affects law abiding citizens.

Sensible legislation

You mean a total ban and confiscation

thats not acceptable

and would not succeed anyway since criminals do not obey the law

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?
Sorry pal

But we don’t want you carrying your gun at sporting events, schools and public festivals

/——-/ I don’t want to be killed by a drunk driver when I travel to a public place so you need to give up your car.

Sensible legislation

/——-/ Since when do criminals obey laws? Are you that delusional?
Many of these shooters get their guns legally. If waiting periods, red flag laws and limiting a purchase of firearms protects the public I am all for it.

Sorry pal

Criminals and lunatics do not respect or obey your gun free “safe” spaces

all you’re doing us making it easier for crazies to kill more helpless people while you frantically dial 911

Sensible legislation

Many of these shooters get their guns legally. If waiting periods, red flag laws and limiting a purchase of firearms protects the public I am all for it.
You are all for it even if they dont help

thats not acceptable

Gun confiscation is a red herring argument. It is about keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics. Virginia’s laws are more than sensible and reasonable. If SCOTUS rules otherwise so be it.

Sensible legislation

So raise your kids right focus on rebuilding families

I don’t know if that is true. From what I gather they do work. Not all the time obviously, but enough to be worthwhile.

thats not acceptable

Gun confiscation is a red herring argument. It is about keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics. Virginia’s laws are more than sensible and reasonable. If SCOTUS rules otherwise so be it.
No

gun confiscation is the logical result of your effort to to stop criminsls from using guns

you may not know where you are going but responsible gun owners do know

thats not acceptable

It depends on who gets to decide who is a lunatic. Can you spot a lunatic?

I don’t know if that is true. From what I gather they do work. Not all the time obviously, but enough to be worthwhile.
Leaving honest citizens helpless and unprotected is too high a price to pay and NOT worthwhile

Sensible legislation

I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

You are a convicted felon. YOu don't have gun rights. You threw them away when you choose to commit a felony. YOu gave them away when you chose to take the plea deal.

thats not acceptable

It depends on who gets to decide who is a lunatic. Can you spot a lunatic?
That is the function of the waiting period and the background check.

Leaving honest citizens helpless and unprotected is too high a price to pay and NOT worthwhile
How is that? Honest citizens always have the right to buy a gun. I see nothing in Virginia’s law that would prevent them from owning a gun. My brother has guns. I see no reason why he can’t buy more. He loves going to the gun range. I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Sensible legislation

I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

You are a convicted felon. YOu don't have gun rights. You threw them away when you choose to commit a felony. YOu gave them away when you chose to take the plea deal.
I speaking in general, you can’t infringe on Americans rights.. and I think you might see that law changed.

Forum List

Back