Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

Yeah. The propeller on your hat.
Look up Iraq birth defects.....just for shits and giggles.
Take paper towels cuz you'll probably get off on what you see.

Bud I cannot in words tell you how predictable that comment is

to start with the war was Saddam's fault
he was given 18 months to do the right thing
There are no winners in any war, but the goals that where set where accomplished

We caused part of this in 1980s
We should have ended it in 1991
Saddam was a mad man

I'd say that #3 has yet to really be accomplished yet either. The "new" Iraq is a premature infant that has yet to survive long enough for us to know whether it will have any longevity.

to start with the war was Saddam's fault
he was given 18 months to do the right thing

The Bush administration had just as long to do the right thing, which was to stop lying to the American people and the world about Hussein having WMD and being involved in the 9-11 attacks. But they did not do so.

Saddam was a mad man

This is so often said, and is always a pile of bile. "He was a mad man, he was dangerous." It's easy to use fearmongering blather to support one's position, but it tends to indicate that one has no real support for their position.

The one in four Iraqis who have died, been maimed or displaced from their homes or incarcerated since March 2003.

How do you justify killing thousands of innocent human beings for money?

I am not sure your numbers are accurate
Iraq Body Count project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would say this one is which is 156,000 total deaths
from 03-11
A.Ps is less
WikiLeaks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Justify?
This world changed 9-11-2001
Saddam was told weeks later what to do or else
the man was given 18 months

1.) We couldn't afford it, it further bankrupted our nation.

2.) Was (another) unconstitutional war.

3.) Thousands of americans killed for something that had nothing to do with defense.

4.) Tens (maybe a hundred) thousand Iraqi's killed.

5.) Installed a government with a heavy islamic religious influence written into it. I can't believe republicans support this, my guess is they ignore this fact.

6.) Now americans will likely be taxed the rest of their lives to pay for the soldiers and bureacrats installed permanently in Iraq.

7.) Showed that we're willing to use our military to enforce UN sanctions having nothing to do with the US.

Those are just off the top of my head I'm sure I missed some obvious points. The only good thing is HOPEFULLY with the WMD lie americans have become less trustworthy of government and are less likely to cheer on another unprovoked war.

The one in four Iraqis who have died, been maimed or displaced from their homes or incarcerated since March 2003.

from 03-11
A.Ps is less

Justify?

There was nothing to justify the invasion and conquering of Iraq. It was and will remain one of the great war crimes of the twenty first century.

Yeah Just like it was necessary to slaughter 5000 Panamanians to get 1 zit faced X-CIA asset and make a bloodbath out of Nicaragua so United Fruit wouldn't have to pay higher wages to it's slaves.
Honduras is lucky your boys went and got Zelaya instead of taking them FfeeDumb and DemoNcracy ( bomb into mud age).
Face it murkin. Satans Empire took a rather advanced middle eastern country and destroyed it for one reason and only one.
Operation
Iraqi
Liberation.

That and to get some heavy bases near your owners " country" IsNtReal.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

Yeah.

It wasn't a "failure" it was a crime.

Then who do you put in jail?

Who?

No US President has been jailed after leaving office (Although Conservatives tried to break that protocol with President Clinton over nonsense)..

Do I think that President Bush and the Vice President Cheney should be put into jail for this? Sure..but it would not be practical and would violate a great many unwritten rules.

So what should happen? An honest investigation as to what exactly happened..and why..then legislation that explicitly limits the use of force. Personally, I don't want to see the President's power to use force diminished..but he or she should not be able to commit troops to a country and not have a rational reason to do so. And it should be a crime to lie to the people..followed by impeachment and removal from office.

from 03-11
A.Ps is less

Justify?
What role did Saddam play in the events of 9/11/2001?

Yeah.

It wasn't a "failure" it was a crime.

Then who do you put in jail?

Who?

No US President has been jailed after leaving office (Although Conservatives tried to break that protocol with President Clinton over nonsense)..

Do I think that President Bush and the Vice President Cheney should be put into jail for this? Sure..but it would not be practical and would violate a great many unwritten rules.

So what should happen? An honest investigation as to what exactly happened..and why..then legislation that explicitly limits the use of force. Personally, I don't want to see the President's power to use force diminished..but he or she should not be able to commit troops to a country and not have a rational reason to do so. And it should be a crime to lie to the people..followed by impeachment and removal from office.

I have no problem putting Bush and Cheney in jail over this, but we also need to throw all the Democrats in Congress at the time in jail as well.

Personally I think a better solution would be to take a large portion of the trust funds of the slimeballs who voted for it and have those given to the widows and kids of dead parents who died for a lie.

1.) We couldn't afford it, it further bankrupted our nation.

2.) Was (another) unconstitutional war.

3.) Thousands of americans killed for something that had nothing to do with defense.

4.) Tens (maybe a hundred) thousand Iraqi's killed.

5.) Installed a government with a heavy islamic religious influence written into it. I can't believe republicans support this, my guess is they ignore this fact.

6.) Now americans will likely be taxed the rest of their lives to pay for the soldiers and bureacrats installed permanently in Iraq.

7.) Showed that we're willing to use our military to enforce UN sanctions having nothing to do with the US.

Those are just off the top of my head I'm sure I missed some obvious points. The only good thing is HOPEFULLY with the WMD lie americans have become less trustworthy of government and are less likely to cheer on another unprovoked war.

:clap2:

Yawn... and the response by whackos going back to the same tired bullshit "Bush = war criminal" nonsense

And here we go with the same tired bullshit of someone who calls themselves conservative going out of their way to defend a big spending big government liberal like Bush.

Yawn... and the response by whackos going back to the same tired bullshit "Bush = war criminal" nonsense
Supreme War Criminal

"But the major and crucial point overlooked is the judgment of Nuremberg, declaring that aggression is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.' All of the 'accumulated evil.'

"Also overlooked are the stern words of the US Chief Counsel Justice Jackson: 'If certain acts of violation of treaties are crimes, they are crimes whether the United States does them or whether Germany does them, and we are not prepared to lay down a rule of criminal conduct against others which we would not be willing to have invoked against us... We must never forget that the record on which we judge these defendants is the record on which history will judge us tomorrow. To pass these defendants a poisoned chalice is to put it to our own lips as well.'"

Q/A on the Iraq War...

Forum List

Back