CDZ Why was the fully automatic firing system banned?

i know people can still get them if they pay a special tax, register and are willing to shuck out big dollars for one. But why did the federal government put all those infringements in the way of people bearing Thompson sub machine guns and other weapons withma fully automatic firing system? How has that infringement held up against court challenges all these years?

Prohibition and gangsters. Next!
Public safety.

Interesting precedent.

Even though they're still legal to own, only two crimes have been committed with a legally-owned full-auto weapon since the bill was passed in 1934.

You can draw your own conclusions.

i know people can still get them if they pay a special tax, register and are willing to shuck out big dollars for one. But why did the federal government put all those infringements in the way of people bearing Thompson sub machine guns and other weapons withma fully automatic firing system? How has that infringement held up against court challenges all these years?

Public safety.

Interesting precedent.

still have gangsters though

who still get full autos

Cartel gangsters.

Nosmos, what you don’t get is they are not illegal. You just have to have the proper paperwork.

Public safety.

Interesting precedent.

Even though they're still legal to own, only two crimes have been committed with a legally-owned full-auto weapon since the bill was passed in 1934.

They are almost impossible to get for good reason. This was before Fox and Rush and the now crazy bought off NRA brainwashed you into thinking you are Freedom Fighters.

Last edited:
[Q

Feel good laws that stop nothing

I don't own a bump stock but I am a range officer that have shot them and have supervised other people shooting them.

They are a range toy for the most part. They are not an effective weapon system by any means.

The only reason the shooter in LV was able to do damage with one was because he was shooting down upon a large group of thousands of people. Even at that t he bump stock caused the rifles to jam. He would been more effective with a real or converted full auto rifle.

Banning bump stocks will not stop one crime in the future from being done but it is taking freedom away from the people.

Idiot politicians.

Public safety.

Interesting precedent.

They are almost impossible to get for good reason. This was before Fox and Rush and the now crazy bought off NRA brainwashed you morons into thinking you are Freedom Fighters.

They're not "almost impossible" to obtain, idiot. Maybe expensive, but that keeps the riff-raff and Democrats, and other criminals from owning them.

They were taxed so as to be unaffordable to criminals ... a system that has worked perfectly to keep them out of the hands of organized gangs.

Gang-bangers-courtesy-frugal-cafe.com_.jpg

Oh.... never mind.

[Q

I don't own a bump stock but I am a range officer that have shot them and have supervised other people shooting them.

They are a range toy for the most part. They are not an effective weapon system by any means.

The only reason the shooter in LV was able to do damage with one was because he was shooting down upon a large group of thousands of people. Even at that t he bump stock caused the rifles to jam. He would been more effective with a real or converted full auto rifle.

Banning bump stocks will not stop one crime in the future from being done but it is taking freedom away from the people.

Idiot politicians.

You are correct. The LV shooter could have just as easily ran up more of a body count by using the sights, and not spraying indiscriminately.

Public safety.

Interesting precedent.

They are almost impossible to get for good reason. This was before Fox and Rush and the now crazy bought off NRA brainwashed you morons into thinking you are Freedom Fighters.

They're not "almost impossible" to obtain, idiot. Maybe expensive, but that keeps the riff-raff and Democrats, and other criminals from owning them.
There are plenty of other regulations on them, or else you people would all have them. Meanwhile breaking... Trump to ban bump stocks and conversion kits to automatic.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...cwAA&usg=AOvVaw2kLM_2CLNID60ncz93htw-&ampcf=1

Last edited:
[Q

Idiot politicians.

You are correct. The LV shooter could have just as easily ran up more of a body count by using the sights, and not spraying indiscriminately.

Rumor has it he had full-auto weapons.

[Q

Idiot politicians.

Rumor is full of it just like Fox and Rush.

Last edited:
[Q

Idiot politicians.

I never heard that. The weapons they showed afterward appeared to be stock, with the exception of some bumpfire stocks on some of them.

Even if he did, a scoped AR with a drum magazine picking off one person at a time, could have been just as bad if not worse. He fired about 1,100 rounds in the space of ten minutes and killed 58 people. The guy was no sniper. He was shooting from 450 meters and even 5.56mm is pretty darned accurate at that range. He also had something like seven AR-10 rifles in 7.62X51 (.308), which are easily thousand-yard guns.

Actually it was Prohibition.

The subsequent gun violence was merely a symptom of making alcohol illegal.

The gun violence mostly ended when the Constitution was amended to repeal the 18th Amendment, having more of an effect than the NFA of 1934.

Consequently, just as the prohibition of intoxicating liquors was a failure and didn’t realized the desired goal, so too would banning semi-automatic rifles be a failure.

[Q

Idiot politicians.
Trump is Banning bump stocks and all conversion kits. Maybe that will do the trick.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...cwAA&usg=AOvVaw2kLM_2CLNID60ncz93htw-&ampcf=1

[Q

Idiot politicians.
Trump is Banning bump stocks and all conversion kits. Maybe that will do the trick.
of course, being Trump he had to lie about Obama. Obama did not legalize bump stocks, the GOP blocked him from Banning them.

Actually it was Prohibition.

The subsequent gun violence was merely a symptom of making alcohol illegal.

The gun violence mostly ended when the Constitution was amended to repeal the 18th Amendment, having more of an effect than the NFA of 1934.

Consequently, just as the prohibition of intoxicating liquors was a failure and didn’t realized the desired goal, so too would banning semi-automatic rifles be a failure.
Who banned semi-automatic weapons? Maybe FDR didn't like assassination attempts with automatic weapons... Probably knew there was no good reason for them at all.

[Q

Idiot politicians.
of course, being Trump he had to lie about Obama. Obama did not legalize bump stocks, the GOP blocked him from Banning them.

As usual, completely untrue.

More to story on NRA's claim that Obama approved bump stocks

Here's a hint: the military doesn't even use weapons like that.
Keerect! These days they have fully automatic Hellfire missiles.

Not sure if this is sarcasm. In any event, comparing personal arms to surface-to-air missiles doesn't make much sense. The standard issue weapon in the military is a semiautomatic rifle with a 3 round burst option. And they aren't even inclined to use 3 round burst mode. Accordingly, there is no legitimate comparison between bans against automatic weapons versus proposed bans against AR-15s or other weapons that just happen to look scary.

[Q

Idiot politicians.

As usual, completely untrue.

More to story on NRA's claim that Obama approved bump stocks
Politico sometimes has to BS in order to say something against Democrats. Much like the LIE of the year which was total b*******. The GOP blocked everything he wanted.

Forum List

Back