Why there is no such thing as racism against white people

The problem with ChairmanG's rewriting word definitions is that it is designed to cause more problems. It does not solve them.

The goal must be equality, not revenge.
Serious question. When in the history of the world has the group with power every conceded it in the name of equality?

Little by little it has happened. Women have gained. Minorities have gained. Gays have gained.
Maybe thats the problem. It shouldnt be little bit by little bit. It should be instantly. Who or what mandates that people should wait for full equality? There is the source of the anger.

I agree. Equality should be instant for all. But passing laws does not change ignorant mindsets.

The problem with ChairmanG's rewriting word definitions is that it is designed to cause more problems. It does not solve them.

Serious question. When in the history of the world has the group with power every conceded it in the name of equality?

Little by little it has happened. Women have gained. Minorities have gained. Gays have gained.
Maybe thats the problem. It shouldnt be little bit by little bit. It should be instantly. Who or what mandates that people should wait for full equality? There is the source of the anger.
Thank you for being the voice of reason on this thread

Asclepias, let me ask you a question. If a person of color hates whites and thinks them inferior, solely because they are white, are they racist?

Thank you for being the voice of reason on this thread

Asclepias, let me ask you a question. If a person of color hates whites and thinks them inferior, solely because they are white, are they racist?
Yes. They dont even need to hate them if they think they are inferior. The flip side of that is that people of color cannot practice racism since (race-ism) is a system that requires power and control. If one breaks down the word racism to its Latin meaning you can clearly see the common definition tries to hide that fact.

Chairman Gonzalo, can you give us your definition of "racist" and "racism"?

My definition of racism is simply what people of color who have experienced it describe it as: discrimination against people of color by whites, who hold the power and privelege in this society

4 'Reverse Racism' Myths That Need To Stop | Huffington Post

Then you are rewriting the definition to suit your argument.

If the definition of racism is what people of color experience from whites, then of course people of color can't be racist. Because YOUR definition presents it as ONLY one way. You do not get to redefine words to suit your agenda.

Individuals of color can certainly be racist.
People of color cannot, by definition, be racist, since racism requires institutionalized power and privelege, and people of color have neither institutional power nor privelege.

It Only Took This Woman Two Minutes to Prove That Reverse Racism is a Giant Lie.
bullshit

And don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary about what their definition of racism is. These dictionaries were written by old white men who never experienced racism in their lives, and therefore should not be trusted to provide an accurate, unbiased definition of the word.
You can make up any definition you want, but it wont change anything. Everyone knows what a racist is, and those who dont are looked at as stupid people. Youre a racist and you know youre a racist, hence the reason why you want to redefine the word so that it excludes you. It wont work dummy.

How about you shut your dumbass up and make sure to smile the next time i order a Quarter Pounder meal from you because, if i see any behavior i dont like, ill report you to your manager.
See, the difference between you and me is that I respect low wage workers in this country, and treat them with respect an dignity.

Also, people of color cannot be racist. The REAL definition of racism tells us that racism requires power and privelege, and people of color have neither power nor privelege.
I am white, my family and most of my friends are white, we have no power or privilege. We are not racist, but I am sure you will think so just because we are white. There are blacks in power and have more power and privilege than me. You appear to dislike or hate whites just for being white, therefore, you ARE racist.

And don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary about what their definition of racism is. These dictionaries were written by old white men who never experienced racism in their lives, and therefore should not be trusted to provide an accurate, unbiased definition of the word.
You can make up any definition you want, but it wont change anything. Everyone knows what a racist is, and those who dont are looked at as stupid people. Youre a racist and you know youre a racist, hence the reason why you want to redefine the word so that it excludes you. It wont work dummy.

How about you shut your dumbass up and make sure to smile the next time i order a Quarter Pounder meal from you because, if i see any behavior i dont like, ill report you to your manager.
See, the difference between you and me is that I respect low wage workers in this country, and treat them with respect an dignity.

Also, people of color cannot be racist. The REAL definition of racism tells us that racism requires power and privelege, and people of color have neither power nor privelege.
I am white, my family and most of my friends are white, we have no power or privilege. We are not racist, but I am sure you will think so just because we are white. There are blacks in power and have more power and privilege than me. You appear to dislike or hate whites just for being white, therefore, you ARE racist.
You have privilege. Its just so much and ingrained part of your life you may not see it. When it comes to power we are speaking collectively. I use this example alot. If all the Black banks decided to deny whites home loans no one would be impacted. If all white banks got together and denied home loans to all Blacks then Blacks would suffer economically.

Good news: old white men are dying out, and the gop is dying out with them. The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally.

And people don't get more conservative as they age. Hell, as our country gets less white, more diverse, more educated, etc. people are getting more PROGRESSIVE as they age: Busting Myth, People Turn More Liberal With Age

Hopefully, the old, faulty, definition of racism will go away, and soon the country will embrace the fact that racism requires power and privelege to exist, both of which only whites have.

You're hatred of others based on their skin color just drips from you, Guno-Sock.

Yes, of course you have privelege. When's the last time you were followed by a cop just for your skin color, or denied a housing loan for being white, etc? Never.

Yes, of course you have privelege. When's the last time you were followed by a cop just for your skin color, or denied a housing loan for being white, etc? Never.
When is the last time a mob of white people beat the shit out of random black people on the streets? Black people have earned a reputation of violence and crime, so now they have to deal with it.

Denied a housing loan because of the color of their skin? That is illegal.

A lot of privilege is due to class. There are rich black people who have more privilege than most whites, there are rich people of every ethnicity who have more privilege than whites. I don't consider it a privilege to be white, I have been stereotyped for being older, I was stereotyped as a teenager for my associates with long haired people.

Denied a housing loan because of the color of their skin? That is illegal.
Yes, it is, but it still happens.

When is the last time a mob of white people beat the shit out of random black people on the streets? Black people have earned a reputation of violence and crime, so now they have to deal with it.
1. The police fill the role of white mobs very well. There are too many cases of white cops shooting unarmed, cooperative people of color

2. The Dylan Roof incident happened a year ago

3. People of color have the right to physically defend themselves against those who oppress them

A lot of privilege is due to class. There are rich black people who have more privilege than most whites, there are rich people of every ethnicity who have more privilege than whites. I don't consider it a privilege to be white, I have been stereotyped for being older, I was stereotyped as a teenager for my associates with long haired people.
No, rich people of color still get profiled more than poor whites. For affluent blacks, wealth doesn't stop racial profiling

No, rich people of color still get profiled more than poor whites. For affluent blacks, wealth doesn't stop racial profiling
Why do you suppose they are profiled?

Because the police are racist.

And don't give the the "blacks commit more crime" bullshit. This is a fallacy for many reasons. People of color and whites are equally likely to commit crime, only people of color are more likely to be ARRESTED and PUNISHED for these crimes, while whites often escape police notice, or get off with a plea deal.

And don't give the the "blacks commit more crime" bullshit. This is a fallacy for many reasons. People of color and whites are equally likely to commit crime, only people of color are more likely to be ARRESTED and PUNISHED for these crimes, while whites often escape police notice, or get off with a plea deal.
Did you take into account of the rap sheet the criminals have? If someone is known to have robbed or pulled a gun on someone before, they are more likely to get more time than a first timer. There are a lot of black officers. How do you explain it when they pull over blacks?

1. The police fill the role of white mobs very well. There are too many cases of white cops shooting unarmed, cooperative people of color

2. The Dylan Roof incident happened a year ago

3. People of color have the right to physically defend themselves against those who oppress them
I know for a fact white racist groups have infiltrated the police and the military.

Did you take into account of the rap sheet the criminals have? If someone is known to have robbed or pulled a gun on someone before, they are more likely to get more time than a first timer. There are a lot of black officers. How do you explain it when they pull over blacks?
We can guarantee that its one of two reasons. Normally its because they did something wrong. In other cases i have seen Black uncle tom cops try to prove they are just one of the guys....white guys that is.

Forum List

Back