Why the victimization?

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
I've noticed a trend in politics.

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Discuss.

Haven't noticed it. I've noticed an increasingly desperate whine from the left about 'racism', 'homophobia', and a plethora of other ridiculous ranting. I figure it's just stupidity.

Haven't noticed it. I've noticed an increasingly desperate whine from the left about 'racism', 'homophobia', and a plethora of other ridiculous ranting. I figure it's just stupidity.

No, "stupidity" isn't the answer. Feel free to try again.

"Rhetorical tactics" is a better answer. I'll start another thread for this.

For being "independent", you're awfully partisan.

LOL.....you "haven't noticed it".

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Discuss.

Don't kid yourself. There is a massive Government-Media conspiracy and it's an extreme Left/Democrat-leaning Government-Media conspiracy. All recent non-partisan studies have shown that a vast majority of MSM journalists are registered Democrats. It really is overwhelming. However there are a few exceptions like in Talk Radio and Fox News. Fighting against something you don't believe in doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to divide anything. However i do think this current Administration has divided our nation unlike anything i've ever seen before. Calling your own people "racists" and then suing them in Arizona is an incredibly divisive act. Hey that's just my take anyway.

Discuss.

Don't kid yourself. There is a massive Government-Media conspiracy and it's an extreme Left/Democrat-leaning Government-Media conspiracy. All recent non-partisan studies have shown that a vast majority of MSM journalists are registered Democrats. It really is overwhelming. However there are a few exceptions like in Talk Radio and Fox News. Fighting against something you don't believe in doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to divide anything. However i do think this current Administration has divided our nation unlike anything i've ever seen before. Calling your own people "racists" and then suing them in Arizona is an incredibly divisive act. Hey that's just my take anyway.

Most Doctors are Liberal too. Does that mean there's a massive "doctor-government" conspiracy all around us? How about economists? A majority of them are liberal as well.

Here's a little help for you: Reporters don't choose what's on the news. Media conglomerates do - and all they're after is MONEY.

Riiight... In order to remain on a civil level with you, I'm omitting snarky comment. But I'll let you take your choice of :confused: or :eek: (self-explanatory reactions).

The rhetoric seems to be based entirely around a persecution complex.

The right seems to need to feel "persecuted" by the overwhelming evil conspiracy - that all "real" Americans are against. Why is this?

Where does this come from?

When she is hooked up on H 24/7, she probably doesn't notice a lot of things.

Discuss.

Most Doctors are Liberal too. Does that mean there's a massive "doctor-government" conspiracy all around us? How about economists? A majority of them are liberal as well.

Here's a little help for you: Reporters don't choose what's on the news. Media conglomerates do - and all they're after is MONEY.

Watch most MSM News Outlets and see for yourself. I just read where CNN is now hiring disgraced Democrat Governor Elliot Spitzer for a Prime time show. Tune into NBC and see who they have working for them. Tune into CBS & ABC as well. ABC just hired ultra Left-leaning Christine Amanpour to host their 'This Week' show for God's sake. Where are the Conservatives/Republicans? You see a couple in Talk Radio and Fox News but that's about it. So the Government-Media Left/Democrat conspiracy isn't really a conspiracy. It's reality.

Discuss.

Do you have a link about doctors being liberal? I find that curious. I am friendly with several physicians - all Rs.

Of all the Liberal Media travesties,ABC hiring the ultra-Left-leaning Christine Amanpour to host their 'This Week' show was by far the worst. Now CNN is giving disgraced Democrat Governor Elliot Spitzer a show. Lets not even talk about NBC. Then you have CBS with the whole Dan Blather debacle. So of course there is a Government-Media conspiracy. How can people not see it? The Government-Media conspiracy is overwhelmingly Left/Democrat-leaning. This is just fact.

Do you have a link about doctors being liberal? I find that curious. I am friendly with several physicians - all Rs.

I read this somewhere, but I'm not able to find a link now. I could very well be wrong on this one.

It's been a looooooooooong time since The Dick; Armey has had any political-influence...and, I'm thinkin' he misses that.

Creating a "base", for himself.....with the least-educated/most-ignored (by corporate/PNAC-Republicans), hardly made him break-a-sweat.

Armey KNOWS he's never gonna aspire to higher-office, again.....but, this 'Bagger-hu$tle was simply too-profitable to ignore.

The BIG-payoff is when Armey hands control (over) to the GOP.

dick_armey_libertysummit-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

Why didn't ABC give their "This Week' show to George Will? He has been with ABC for many years and is certainly a credible and well respected journalist. How could they pass him up and give that show to the ultra Left-leaning activist Christine Amanpour? There is only one answer. Will was a Conservative and Amanpour was a preferred Leftist. So don't tell me the MSM isn't overwhelmingly Liberal-leaning. That just insults the intelligence of Millions of Americans. Where are all the Conservatives/Republicans? Good luck finding them in the MSM.

Nope, I'm a conservative.... but not GOP. I'm equally scathing of the rabid morons on both sides.

The problem with this constant use of the race card, is that what you achieve by playing it, is for real racism to hide. That is not good - but it is politically expedient for the left. Who cares if minorities suffer the consequences, you get to score your political point, and that's what is really important.

Moron.

Why didn't ABC give their "This Week' show to George Will? He has been with ABC for many years and is certainly a credible and well respected journalist. How could they pass him up and give that show to the ultra Left-leaning activist Christine Amanpour? There is only one answer. Will was a Conservative and Amanpour was a preferred Leftist. So don't tell me the MSM isn't overwhelmingly Liberal-leaning. That just insults the intelligence of Millions of Americans. Where are all the Conservatives/Republicans? Good luck finding them in the MSM.

Joe Scarborough - MSNBC
William Kristol - NY Times (formerly)
George Will - ABC
Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
The entire pundit staff of FOX NEWS
The entire editorial board of the Wall Street Journal

There's plenty more.

The rhetoric seems to be based entirely around a persecution complex.

The right seems to need to feel "persecuted" by the overwhelming evil conspiracy - that all "real" Americans are against. Why is this?

Where does this come from?

i believe it stems from being accused of intollerance and racisim for holding opinion contrary to those on the left....

speaking out was considered patrotic when bush was pres ... now it is just the opposite....

same game everyone just switched sides for awhile....

Forum List

Back