Why the victimization?

Someone from this current Administration must be convicted of a crime and go to jail before anyone can call things even. All those hateful Witch Hunts the Democrats engaged in during the previous eight years must be avenged. All that time & money spent on a stupid Perjury conviction of a lowly Administration lackey Scooter Libby? "Revenge Politics" is now the norm and you can thank the Democrats for that. I demand a pound of flesh from this Administration. Nothing less will due.

Joe Scarborough - MSNBC
William Kristol - NY Times (formerly)
George Will - ABC
Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
The entire pundit staff of FOX NEWS
The entire editorial board of the Wall Street Journal

There's plenty more.

Yes there are some. I have said that already. But the numbers are still overwhelming die-hard Leftist/Democrat. George Will is a good example of Liberal Media bias. He has been with ABC for twenty five years yet got passed over for the 'This Week' show in favor of a Left Wing extremist Christine Amanpour. Travesties like that go on all the time in the Liberal Media. Elliot Spitzer given a Prime time show on CNN? Yikes! Just look at CNN,CBS,ABC,and NBC and see who all their hosts are. Where are all the Conservative/Republican hosts? The same bias exists at PBS and NPR as well. I can't recall any Conservative/Republican hosts ever being on PBS or NPR. Thank God for Fox News and Talk Radio. If it weren't for them we would never hear the Conservative perspective. The Liberal Media Bias is not just a "Conspiracy." It's reality.

Link to any evidence that George Will even was in the running for "This Week"?

Any evidence he even wanted it?

For one thing, ABC probably recognizes that George Will speaks in a manner so far over the heads of the groupthinking "new" conservatives that it would be a waste of time. He doesn't know Limbaugh-speak or flail around like Glenn Beck.

I've noticed a trend in politics.

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Discuss.

When the National Guard finally showed up in New Orleans after Katrina, they went door to door taking guns away from people whose houses weren't damaged, leaving them unable to defend themselves.....I think it's fair to say the government is coming to take our guns. I think NO was simply a trial and it worked. Americans didn't stand up and say anything. We've already lost our country.

Note: I think the reps and dems are both responsible for this evil. They are the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation.

Someone from this current Administration must be convicted of a crime and go to jail before anyone can call things even. All those hateful Witch Hunts the Democrats engaged in during the previous eight years must be avenged. All that time & money spent on a stupid Perjury conviction of a lowly Administration lackey Scooter Libby? "Revenge Politics" is now the norm and you can thank the Democrats for that. I demand a pound of flesh from this Administration. Nothing less will due.

Libby was "thrown under the bus" by the Bush administration as a scapegoat for the Plame thing.

Most Doctors are Liberal too. Does that mean there's a massive "doctor-government" conspiracy all around us? How about economists? A majority of them are liberal as well.

Here's a little help for you: Reporters don't choose what's on the news. Media conglomerates do - and all they're after is MONEY.

Watch most MSM News Outlets and see for yourself. I just read where CNN is now hiring disgraced Democrat Governor Elliot Spitzer for a Prime time show.
Credited with "reinventing" CNN’s sister network, Jautz not only found Beck (Jautz once described Beck's style as "self-deprecating, cordial" and "not confrontational."
From your article^, that's true. I used to catch Beck on HNN a lot. And he was nowhere close to the maniac he now portrays on his FoxNews program.

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Discuss.

When the National Guard finally showed up in New Orleans after Katrina, they went door to door taking guns away from people whose houses weren't damaged, leaving them unable to defend themselves.....I think it's fair to say the government is coming to take our guns. I think NO was simply a trial and it worked. Americans didn't stand up and say anything. We've already lost our country.

Note: I think the reps and dems are both responsible for this evil. They are the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation.

You know that the New Orleans police department have returned those guns, right?

How many Conservative/Republicans do you see hosting programs on ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,PBS,or NPR? If you're an honest person,you will admit there are almost none. If it weren't for Talk Radio and Fox News,no one would ever hear the Conservative/Republican side of arguments. The Liberal Media is not just a "Conspiracy Theory." It's actually fact.

Perhaps it's easier to use shock value to get people to listen to you than to actually discuss the logic or ill logic involving the various positions on the issues.

As to why you feel it is more prevalent on the right ( I don't, I think it's used pretty equally on both sides) it could be because the right is in the minority in Congress right now and feel the momentum behind them to take it back.

I feel it's more prevalent on the right right now - entirely because of what you said: they're currently in the minority, and feel the momentum behind them to "take it back". I'm certainly not trying to excuse the Left of doing exactly the same thing (the whole "9/11 was an inside job" thing is based on the same idea).

I think you have it completely backwards. The far left is still a minority, yet they have been running the agenda in this country, with willing accomplices from the right for quite some time. It is imploding, there is a groundswell to move back to the center, or center-right, and they are scared. Hence the *****phobia, racist, redneck, etc. nonsense.

Unfortunately there are still far too many who get worked up over some bogus label thrown at them from some over emotional, intellectual lightweight who can't really explain his agenda without calling you stupid for not getting it.

So why don't you get it? Having to explain things over and over, every which way, every day, gets tedius.

Discuss.

You know that the New Orleans police department have returned those guns, right?

So what, they violated peoples rights, and took away their right to self defense at the very moment they might have needed it most.

What good is the right to bear arms if the government can take it away every time the shit hits the fan and you might actually need them.

So what, they violated peoples rights, and took away their right to self defense at the very moment they might have needed it most.

What good is the right to bear arms if the government can take it away every time the shit hits the fan and you might actually need them.

I don't agree with the police taking away people's legally owned firearms.

I don't think it's evidence that "the government is coming to take your guns" though.

Here's what the left says. If you white, you ain't right, sit down and stfu, you izz racist, you don't give a shit about poor people only the rich, white people suck, rich people suck, banks suck, insurance companies suck, and did I mention rich people suck? white people suck,, why the divide??????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :clap2:

Bingo! :clap2::clap2:

Oh god, the junior varsity cheering squad over the dumbest post in the thread. Unfuckingbelievable.

I don't think it's evidence that "the government is coming to take your guns" though.

Well I don't think they are coming to take our guns, Yet. But you have to admit at least there is support for doing just that among some on the left.

Oh god, the junior varsity cheering squad over the dumbest post in the thread. Unfuckingbelievable.

notredame-cheerleader-go.jpg

Well I don't think they are coming to take our guns, Yet. But you have to admit at least there is support for doing just that among some on the left.

Sure.

Probably about as much support as there is to make sodomy a felony again on the right.

Just because some whackjobs want it, doesn't mean its going to happen.

Forum List

Back