Why the hypocrisy?

One was a target, the others were guests.

That is truly sad, isn't it? I'm not a big fan of Donald Trump. I have not been following him or listening to his speeches but what happened to him is wrong. I hope that Meghan Kelly is never permitted the opportunity to be a political moderator / ask questions in a debate again. She has risen to the level of her incompetency. Let someone else replace her.
I'm all for asking tough questions of the candidates, the tougher the better. Trump gave logical and honest answers about his turn-around on the issues and it wasn't flip flopping to appease potential voters.

No one capable of telling me how I'm wrong?

The best indication would be that few would agree with you on the matter. He was obviously targeted and to the degree that is was unmistakable to the democrats and republicans who watched it happen. If the republicans and conservatives (I am a conservative) agree that he was targeted it is a fair certainty that this wasn't the imagination of a few democrats. It happened.

Meghan Kelly will have to accept the consequences of her actions. I do not believe it was an after thought. I believe this was her intention before the first question was asked.
That's all well and good but that was not the question. This thread isn't about Fox or its personalities. It's about us and I submit to you the reason I'm not getting responses is because I'm right.

Excuse me, but do you believe that Donald Trump was targeted? Yes or no?
Absolutely but again, that is not the premise of this thread.

Hillary would not have been a moderator for Fox News but if she had been? Yes. Everyone still would have known that Donald Trump was being targeted. Why would it matter who was doing the targeting? It does not change the facts. He was targeted. You know it. Meghan knows it because she was the one doing it. Fox News knows it.

Trying to claim that the response would be different had it not been Meghan Kelly is not a sound argument. As they say in the South - that dog won't hunt.

She ruined her own reputation. She will have to live with that. This is one mistake that people will not be able to blame Hillary Clinton for.

They played "gotcha" with Trump while the rest were asked their views on various issues. Wallace started the debate off by targeting Trump and it continued throughout. It was so apparent I was able to tell my husband what they were going to go after him for next.
For example, standard question, " What is your view on abortion?"
Trump's question, "Why were you for it one minute and against it the next?"
It was bullsh*t.
That question asked to Trump about abortion is perfectly fair. Especially as when you parse his abortion opinion you find out he is still enthustiacly pro abortion

I did not hear the question about abortion but the question back to you is - Is it fair for a news media group such as Fox and a personality such as Meghan Kelly (who advertise themselves as FAIR AND BALANCED) to target one individual repeatedly while giving the rest the respect they deserve? Yes or no? Please answer the question!
Why don't you create your own thread instead of hijacking mine.

Thanks

I have no intention of hijacking your thread. My apologies if my replies led you to believe otherwise. Have a nice afternoon, GrandpaMurked.

The best indication would be that few would agree with you on the matter. He was obviously targeted and to the degree that is was unmistakable to the democrats and republicans who watched it happen. If the republicans and conservatives (I am a conservative) agree that he was targeted it is a fair certainty that this wasn't the imagination of a few democrats. It happened.

Meghan Kelly will have to accept the consequences of her actions. I do not believe it was an after thought. I believe this was her intention before the first question was asked.
That's all well and good but that was not the question. This thread isn't about Fox or its personalities. It's about us and I submit to you the reason I'm not getting responses is because I'm right.

Excuse me, but do you believe that Donald Trump was targeted? Yes or no?
Absolutely but again, that is not the premise of this thread.

Hillary would not have been a moderator for Fox News but if she had been? Yes. Everyone still would have known that Donald Trump was being targeted. Why would it matter who was doing the targeting? It does not change the facts. He was targeted. You know it. Meghan knows it because she was the one doing it. Fox News knows it.

Trying to claim that the response would be different had it not been Meghan Kelly is not a sound argument. As they say in the South - that dog won't hunt.

She ruined her own reputation. She will have to live with that. This is one mistake that people will not be able to blame Hillary Clinton for.
WTF are you talking about. That mindless drivel has NOTHING to do with what I said.

They played "gotcha" with Trump while the rest were asked their views on various issues. Wallace started the debate off by targeting Trump and it continued throughout. It was so apparent I was able to tell my husband what they were going to go after him for next.
It was bullsh*t.
That question asked to Trump about abortion is perfectly fair. Especially as when you parse his abortion opinion you find out he is still enthustiacly pro abortion

Came back to say two things to you. If Trump is not 100% against abortion I would not vote for him but as I do not believe Obama will ever leave office (when has he ever respected the laws of this land, our constitution, Declaration of Independence?) the election is not really something I'm spending a lot of time thinking about. I'm more focused on the judgment of God that is surely coming upon this land - even now.

It was bullsh*t.

Came back to say two things to you. If Trump is not 100% against abortion I would not vote for him but as I do not believe Obama will ever leave office (when has he ever respected the laws of this land, our constitution, Declaration of Independence?) the election is not really something I'm spending a lot of time thinking about. I'm more focused on the judgment of God that is surely coming upon this land - even now.
Oh my....

Heavens Gate?

It was bullsh*t.

Oh my....

Heavens Gate?
Actually it's true, Grandpa. Look at the "natural disasters" happening in the US right now. Well, they ain't nacheral, IMO.

If anybody believes that we are still a nation blessed by God, they need to watch the news.
We are now a debtor nation, that is either flooding or burning year round or drought stricken. Civil discord, divides, terrorism, lusting after strange flesh, turning our backs on God in favor of idolizing Hollywood, backing Iran instead of God's chosen.
We are experiencing the results of a morally, and financially bankrupt society. And this is just the beginning.

I did last night but you weren't in the mood to listen. Murdoch, or who ever, had a game plan and it wasn't to present a forum for the electorate to learn about the candidates and the stance on issues. It was to trump Trump and do their best to get him out of the race, doing their best to get voters against him. It was obvious from the first question.

So, what happened? Viewers say the unfairness of the situation and started to identify with the jerk. He has a higher poll number than he did before now. It was unfair to other candidates who were largely ignored. Cruz waited 80 minutes before he was spoken to. It was a damn food fight and some Republicans looked awful.

The moderators let (and encouraged) candidates to go after each other. Christie and especially Paul looked bad with the smirks and the rolling of the eyes when Christie was angry and talking to him.

All in all, ut was a bad night. And Fox is not done. They are going to host another Republican debate.

It was bullsh*t.
Why is that not a valid question? Seriously?
We've asked the same of other politicians when they flip flop. Why the hell should Trump get a pass?
He shouldn't get a pass, but he shouldn't be the main contender, either. How much time was given to him compared to others.

I don't want soft ball questions for the candidates. They are not running for the leader of a scout troop. If they can't handle this then they have no business being the CNC........................

Sooner or later these type of questions will be asked.................might as well get right to it and see how they weather the storm................Sink or Swim time, and that is how it should be.

Trump was attacked...............he is challenging the norm, and they will flame him for it.

I don't want soft ball questions for the candidates. They are not running for the leader of a scout troop. If they can't handle this then they have no business being the CNC........................

Sooner or later these type of questions will be asked.................might as well get right to it and see how they weather the storm................Sink or Swim time, and that is how it should be.

Trump was attacked...............he is challenging the norm, and they will flame him for it.
You are right. But the attacks were coming so fast, that you know it was their agenda to bring him down. They didn't need to gun him the way they did. Give more time to the other candidates and let the voters get know them.Cruz went 80 minutes without talking. How much air time did Trump get?

Fox wielded too much power there to suit me. Let the voters put the kabbosh on Trump, not the news forum.

You are right. But the attacks were coming so fast, that you know it was their agenda to bring him down. They didn't need to gun him the way they did. Give more time to the other candidates and let the voters get know them.Cruz went 80 minutes without talking. How much air time did Trump get?

Fox wielded too much power there to suit me. Let the voters put the kabbosh on Trump, not the news forum.
And again...........Sink or Swim..............Trump is a big boy and can handle it...................And with most people who are quaint..............it will work.........Trump is outside the box and returns fire.............that may very well be to his advantage.................as it already has..............they attacked him before this and it back fired which is why he was center stage...............

Everyone who wants to win.........always targets the leader.............and yes FOX targeted him..............a lot of time left in these debates........we'll see how it plays out.

And again...........Sink or Swim..............Trump is a big boy and can handle it...................And with most people who are quaint..............it will work.........Trump is outside the box and returns fire.............that may very well be to his advantage.................as it already has..............they attacked him before this and it back fired which is why he was center stage...............

Everyone who wants to win.........always targets the leader.............and yes FOX targeted him..............a lot of time left in these debates........we'll see how it plays out.
Absolutely. during the next 15 months he will be subjected to all sorts of abuse, accusations and everything in his life will be under a microscope. He'll be blasted and bombarded from all sides. It will be like a guy going through Special Forces or SEAL training, stretched to the limits of their physical and mental endurance although with Trump it shouldn't get physical.

It was bullsh*t.

I disagree. I thought all of the candidates were given gotcha questions ... Not just DT.
That's so sad. You think asking a politician to explain their own words and actions is somehow "gotcha" questions

Forum List

Back