Why the Hullabaloo about the shooting at a high school in FL?

Yay! Who needs guns? Those pigs should only be armed with rocks and sticks while they go door to door looking for the shithead shooter, right?

Dumbass.

"Those pigs"? I suppose you've have been called a "Dumbass" since your were a child, appropriately. Teenagers and tweens do not need guns nor does any child need a gun to go to school.

300 school shootings since 2013, and your response today is to defend the gun.

You disgust me!

And you disgust me with your baseless propaganda. In your perfect world only the police have guns and we have seen what happens when that is the reality.

No thank you.
I know what you mean, Canada is like that and it's a shit show up here. I'm scared to leave my house most of the time.

The world is full of psychopaths but they live in countries that don't make it easy for them to obtain a deadly weapon.

And, those European countries plus "gun free" Australia have far higher rates of violent crime. Criminals know their victims cannot defend themselves.
Oh my, you mean they have some fist fights? Because their rate of murder is far, far lower than ours.

original.jpg

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

What do you think we live in the land of 1950 Mayberry now ?

Here is an idea get rid of violent video games, violent movies, violent stuff on television and on radio, maybe the violence will call down.

Too easy to blame that. I agree that I don't like it and its only getting worse but how many millions of people don't react by gunning down people?

To easy? Those are the root causes along with liberals supporting single mothers and the left who wants America to be like the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

Actually, we should all support the hard work of single parents, mother OR father. Why does the right hate them when they're trying to do the right thing? and then you idiots attack anyone who aborts or uses birth control. Stupid and sick bible thumpers want to control every move people make and then attack either decision.

No, those are not root causes. Saying that is a cop out.

Of course they are God help you if you can't see it.

View attachment 176771

You seem to be saying we should shit on single parents because they shoot people.

Not willing to waste much more time on this but look more closely and you'll find its actually a question of chicken or egg. The bible thumpers say we have shootings (pregnancy, crime, fill in the blank) because we don't indoctrinate kids to religion (Which religion? Which god?) in school and yet, kids get raped and shot at church. Or, women are raped because of what they wear but nuns are raped and so are elderly women in nursing homes.

You do this a lot - search for facts to fit your agenda. Its a fool's errand but don't let me stop you. And good luck finding google.

Well I certainly don't make up facts, besides it's damn obvious if you don't have a two parent home violence will rise, no one supervising the children...it doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure that one out.

Related [continuation]:

2nd amendment was ratified in 1791
NRA was established in 1871

Challenge: Someone explain to me how the 2nd amendment, which has existed for 227 years, and/or the NRA, which has existed for 147 years, has caused the supposed uptick of school shootings /absent/ social, moral, and ethical changes to American culture as a whole?

It is intellectually lazy and dishonest argument IMO.

In your opinion.

link?

What does the NRA have to do with it?
The NRA is pushing guns on America and with the help of the stupids who believed in Obamas warehouses of confiscated weapons buying so many more the nation is overflowing with killing machines. And a gun is made for only one reason; killing
. And a gun is made for only one reason; killing

I've owned firearms for over 50 years, as have both brothers.

Both grandfathers, and 5 out of 6 uncles owned firearms

to my knowledge, NOT ONE OF US HAS EVER KILLED ANYONE.

over 300,000,000 firearms in the hands of civilians in this country..

less than 1% used to kill.

We must use them for wall decorations, hmmm?

I realize you're waiting for congratulations that you haven't murdered anyone but you reminded me that a mass shooter used to post here. Maybe someone else can remember his name.

BUT - what Tax Man wrote is true - guns have only one purpose. Killing.

Never mind that firearms also have the deterrent purpose of preventing one from being killed.

They do. And you'd think that since there are more guns than people in America now, there'd be no mass shootings at all, huh?

There are now more guns than people in the United States
October 5, 2015
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-child-and-then-some/?utm_term=.6e82a04eb421

I mean, I can blather bullshit illogical nonsense, too.

I read that most guns in American are owned by only 3% of the population.
Some 8-9 million Gun Nutters. The NRA only claims some 3 to 4.5 Million members.
Is that more in red states or blue states?

btw: Reports that 17 dead now. This will not make the top 20 list it seems

Last edited:
Actually, we should all support the hard work of single parents, mother OR father. Why does the right hate them when they're trying to do the right thing? and then you idiots attack anyone who aborts or uses birth control. Stupid and sick bible thumpers want to control every move people make and then attack either decision.

Instead of "trying" to do the right thing now, perhaps they should have done the right thing before getting pregnant.

Rules-S.jpg

Scary thing is, you probably believe these cause single parenthood.

What are "these"?

The NRA is pushing guns on America and with the help of the stupids who believed in Obamas warehouses of confiscated weapons buying so many more the nation is overflowing with killing machines. And a gun is made for only one reason; killing

I realize you're waiting for congratulations that you haven't murdered anyone but you reminded me that a mass shooter used to post here. Maybe someone else can remember his name.

Never mind that firearms also have the deterrent purpose of preventing one from being killed.

They do. And you'd think that since there are more guns than people in America now, there'd be no mass shootings at all, huh?

October 5, 2015
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-child-and-then-some/?utm_term=.6e82a04eb421

Some 8-9 million Gun Nutters.

You're way off but go figure, progressives lie. The most recent poll claims 36%. But the reality is it is much higher because owners are no longer telling people they don't trust, and the media is completely untrustable.

"According to the survey, which was conducted among 1,001 Americans in the aftermath of the Orlando nightclub shooting, 36 percent of U.S. adults either own a firearm personally, or live with someone who does. That's the lowest rate of gun ownership in the CBS poll going back to 1978. It's down 17 points from the highest recorded rate in 1994, and nearly 10 percentage points from 2012."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.fce289cf0179

October 5, 2015

Some 8-9 million Gun Nutters. The NRA only claims some 3 to 4.5 Million members.

btw: Reports that a Dozen kids are dead now.

Only 3%

You smoking meth????

Apparently the shooter was a former student allegedly known to have threatened the school and allegedly already told by police not to be on campus. It would appear if that was the case, asking a violent mentally ill person to not do something wasn't much of a strategy.

DWCFShNVAAAiufz.jpg

There are more than enough laws on the books that were meant to prevent this kind of thing from happening. The school where this occurred is "protected" by the federal "Gun Free School Zone" law, which prevents even off-duty law-enforcement officers from being armed while on school grounds. Schools are free fire zones for this very reason.

Yet as is evident, the gun free zone law does not work. Perhaps it's time for the realization that a teacher or other school employee carrying a legal concealed firearm is far less worse than a bunch of dead kids.

The purpose of the no gun zone is probably too abstract for you. As for your comment, we have enough gun laws, we hear/read that every time a horrific mass murder with a gun occurs.

A school resource officer is a fully armed police officer assigned to the school (in CA.); I suspect the same is true in FL and every other state.

Update: 17 killed.

Those above who who care so much for their 2nd A. Rights don't give a damn, and the NRA will continue to threaten members of Congress if they dare to sponsor any gun control bills they'll fund a gun lover to run against them.

There are more than enough laws on the books that were meant to prevent this kind of thing from happening. The school where this occurred is "protected" by the federal "Gun Free School Zone" law, which prevents even off-duty law-enforcement officers from being armed while on school grounds. Schools are free fire zones for this very reason.

Yet as is evident, the gun free zone law does not work. Perhaps it's time for the realization that a teacher or other school employee carrying a legal concealed firearm is far less worse than a bunch of dead kids.

The purpose of the no gun zone is probably too abstract for you. As for your comment, we have enough gun laws, we hear/read that every time a horrific mass murder with a gun occurs.

A school resource officer is a fully armed police officer assigned to the school (in CA.); I suspect the same is true in FL and every other state.

Those above who who care so much for their 2nd A. Rights don't give a damn, and the NRA will continue to threaten members of Congress if they dare to sponsor any gun control bills they'll fund a gun lover to run against them.

You're wasting your time if you're going to try to use this shooting as a springboard for any kind of anti-gun legislation. If you didn't get any passed during the 8 years Obama was President, don't count on it now. Today's shooting was a mixture of 3 things: a crazy person, who has access to firearms, and access to victim zones. As long as all 3 exist these events will continue to happen. Simply addressing the firearms issue alone is not going to solve the problem.

Yay! Who needs guns? Those pigs should only be armed with rocks and sticks while they go door to door looking for the shithead shooter, right?

Dumbass.

"Those pigs"? I suppose you've have been called a "Dumbass" since your were a child, appropriately. Teenagers and tweens do not need guns nor does any child need a gun to go to school.

You disgust me!

And you disgust me with your baseless propaganda. In your perfect world only the police have guns and we have seen what happens when that is the reality.

No thank you.

Why do you always lie?

I have posted ad nausea that I support the right of sober, sane, and law abiding citizens to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun, after passing a comprehensive background check.

I have also stated emphatically that I believe each state should have the right to require every gun owner to be licensed, and every gun to be registered, insured and secured from loss or theft.

I ask again, why do you lie?

You're wasting your time if you're going to try to use this shooting as a springboard for any kind of anti-gun legislation. If you didn't get any passed during the 8 years Obama was President, don't count on it now. Today's shooting was a mixture of 3 things: a crazy person, who has access to firearms, and access to victim zones. As long as all 3 exist these events will continue to happen. Simply addressing the firearms issue alone is not going to solve the problem.

It's my time to waste, and your time to support the waste of 17 lives. You're disgusting.

Dumbass.

You disgust me!

No thank you.

Why do you always lie?

I have posted ad nausea that I support the right of sober, sane, and law abiding citizens to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun, after passing a comprehensive background check.

I have also stated emphatically that I believe each state should have the right to require every gun owner to be licensed, and every gun to be registered, insured and secured from loss or theft.

I ask again, why do you lie?

Once a requirement to be licensed is granted to the government..... the Right is gone. You only want "the right people" to own weapons. That's the ultimate point of licensing. You don't like a particular type of person and they can't get a license.

The only purpose of a "gun free zone" is to make it easier for assholes like this one, to murder large numbers of people.

If you cared about all those innocent souls slaughtered by guns you might be a able to consider some form of gun control, or people control, is necessary; even if it they do not prevent every such horrific event. Of course that takes empathy, you might want to find a dictionary and look up that word, since it seems you don't have any.

The only purpose of a "gun free zone" is to make it easier for assholes like this one, to murder large numbers of people.

Once again an effort to mislead the reader, even if your comment is sarcasm.

Gun free and drug free zones do not prevent guns or drug in the zone, much like the speed limit does not prevent speeding in a regulated zone.

What they do is make it a crime to enter the zone unless authorized.

Shootings at schools in America have become a common occurrence. Since guns don't kill people I suspect the gun(s) used will be melted down and made into pins for the NRA.

There have been more mass shootings in the U.S. in 2017 than days

Since 2013, there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America — an average of about one a week.
The long, shameful list of school shootings in America
A big deal is made I guess because of how severe of a shooting it is. I read elsewhere that we are now up to 17 people who are not here anymore.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

This isn't about the guns. If it was, every kid in that school would have a gun and shoot each other up because the gun made them do it.
This is about left wing cultural corruption.
Let's legalize and encourage more drug use. And celebrate that. It certainly couldn't affect anyone's psyche.

Forum List

Back