Why the Hullabaloo about the shooting at a high school in FL?

Shootings at schools in America have become a common occurrence. Since guns don't kill people I suspect the gun(s) used will be melted down and made into pins for the NRA.

There have been more mass shootings in the U.S. in 2017 than days

Since 2013, there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America — an average of about one a week.
The long, shameful list of school shootings in America

Pretty pathetic bit of propaganda you reference. The vast majority of those "school" shootings, weren't.

Prove it! I didn't inventory the shootings but apparently you did (fast reader).

Tell the reader how many school shooting since 2003 and list the one's you are suggesting are fake news.

BTW, you've lost credibility and anything you post the reader should not trust and verity.

I already did numbnuts. Try keeping up. And if you are trying to impugn credibility you had best be lookin' in the mirror.

So your did, I've read your link:

Have there been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook? A closer look at a tricky statistic

Mea culpa.

That said, sincerely.

I'll not focus on the number of events, I do think we as a society need to study the who, why and how does this happen, and what solutions can be proffered to limit the numbers of mass shootings in America, at schools, at malls, at theaters, at concerts, etc.

Clearly the Right to Life of those killed in these events, and wounded, have had their right to life, liberty and happiness taken from them. That the how is easy as is the who (a person with a gun); we must focus on the why.

I absolutely agree with you on this. It is not the gun, it is the shooter. This particular shooter, and the overwhelming number of shooters, have been WELL KNOWN to the authorities. Some people there is no "why". They are sociopaths. They look at others, and the pain they cause, with glee. They are not fixable, and there needs to be a way to deal with those sorts of people.

The world is full of psychopaths but they live in countries that don't make it easy for them to obtain a deadly weapon.

Interesting history Fun Facts.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-in-american-history/?utm_term=.8981fc908945
1949, Camden, N.J. 13 killed. Howard Unruh, a World War II veteran, walks the streets of Camden killing random people.
The incident became known as the "Walk of Death".
1966, Austin. 18 killed. Charles Whitman fires from a tower on the University of Texas campus.
1982, Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 13 killed. George Banks kills five of his children and 8 other people.
1984, San Ysidro, Calif. 21 killed. James Huberty enters a McDonald’s and begins shooting.
1986, Edmond, Okla. 14 killed. Postal worker Patrick Sherrill kills 14 people at his workplace.
1990, Jacksonville, Fla. 10 killed. James Pough kills 8 people after his car is repossessed. He'd killed two others earlier.
1991, Killeen, Tex. 23 killed. George Hennard drives his truck into a cafeteria and then opens fire.
1999, Littleton, Colo. 13 killed. The shooting at Columbine High School is the deadliest high school shooting to date.
1999, Atlanta. 12 killed. Mark Barton kills nine people at brokerage firms after having killed three relatives.
2005, Red Lake, Minn. 9 killed. Jeffrey Weise kills members of his family and then students at a local high school.
2007, Blacksburg, Va. 32 killed. Until Sunday, the 32 people killed by Seung Hui Cho at Virginia Tech was the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
2009, Fort Hood, Tex. 13 killed. Nidal Hasan kills 13 people at the Army base.
2009, Binghamton, N.Y. 13 killed. Jiverly Wong murders 13 people at a small immigrant services center.
2009, Geneva County, Ala. 10 killed. Michael McClendon kills 10 people, including a baby, in rural Alabama.
2012, Newtown, Conn. 27 killed. Adam Lanza’s spree at Sandy Hook Elementary included the murder of 20 children.
2012, Aurora, Colo. 12 killed. James Holmes opens fire during a late-night movie screening.
2013, Washington. 12 killed. Aaron Alexis kills a dozen people with a shotgun.
2015, San Bernardino, Calif. 14 killed. Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, kill more than a dozen people during a holiday party.
2015, Roseburg, Ore. 9 killed. Chris Mercer kills nine in a shooting at a community college in Oregon.
2015, Charleston, S.C. 9 killed. Dylann Roof attends a prayer meeting at a historic black church in Charleston before opening fire.
2016, Orlando. 50 killed. The attack at the gay nightclub Pulse in Orlando is the deadliest in U.S. history.
Missing from this list
2017, Texas Church Shooting 26 + Shooter Dead 20 plus injured.
2017, Vegas 58 + shooter dead. 851 (422 by gunfire)

2018, Florida School Shooting.
---
Notice that the number of such incidents has become more frequent in recent years.
THANKS NRA, you and your Gun Nutter folks are fully responsible, and to blame here.

btw. Some 19 school shooting in 2018
19?
I thought it was 18.
I guess when you have so many in such a short amount of time, one more or less doesn't matter. To Republicans that is. To the families of the victims, it matters.

and less the half could actually be considered schools shootings

Pretty pathetic bit of propaganda you reference. The vast majority of those "school" shootings, weren't.

Prove it! I didn't inventory the shootings but apparently you did (fast reader).

Tell the reader how many school shooting since 2003 and list the one's you are suggesting are fake news.

BTW, you've lost credibility and anything you post the reader should not trust and verity.

I already did numbnuts. Try keeping up. And if you are trying to impugn credibility you had best be lookin' in the mirror.

So your did, I've read your link:

Have there been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook? A closer look at a tricky statistic

Mea culpa.

That said, sincerely.

I'll not focus on the number of events, I do think we as a society need to study the who, why and how does this happen, and what solutions can be proffered to limit the numbers of mass shootings in America, at schools, at malls, at theaters, at concerts, etc.

Clearly the Right to Life of those killed in these events, and wounded, have had their right to life, liberty and happiness taken from them. That the how is easy as is the who (a person with a gun); we must focus on the why.

I absolutely agree with you on this. It is not the gun, it is the shooter. This particular shooter, and the overwhelming number of shooters, have been WELL KNOWN to the authorities. Some people there is no "why". They are sociopaths. They look at others, and the pain they cause, with glee. They are not fixable, and there needs to be a way to deal with those sorts of people.

The world is full of psychopaths but they live in countries that don't make it easy for them to obtain a deadly weapon.

Tell that to the 130 dead in Paris you ignorant twerp.

Shootings at schools in America have become a common occurrence. Since guns don't kill people I suspect the gun(s) used will be melted down and made into pins for the NRA.

Since 2013, there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America — an average of about one a week.

What a Goddamned fucking liar you are. So you think they were 'fake news'? Just what do you think went down?

What do you think we live in the land of 1950 Mayberry now ?

Here is an idea get rid of violent video games, violent movies, violent stuff on television and on radio, maybe the violence will call down.

Too easy to blame that. I agree that I don't like it and its only getting worse but how many millions of people don't react by gunning down people?

To easy? Those are the root causes along with liberals supporting single mothers and the left who wants America to be like the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

Actually, we should all support the hard work of single parents, mother OR father. Why does the right hate them when they're trying to do the right thing? and then you idiots attack anyone who aborts or uses birth control. Stupid and sick bible thumpers want to control every move people make and then attack either decision.

No, those are not root causes. Saying that is a cop out.

What a Goddamned fucking liar you are. So you think they were 'fake news'? Just what do you think went down?

Here is an idea get rid of violent video games, violent movies, violent stuff on television and on radio, maybe the violence will call down.

Too easy to blame that. I agree that I don't like it and its only getting worse but how many millions of people don't react by gunning down people?

To easy? Those are the root causes along with liberals supporting single mothers and the left who wants America to be like the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

Actually, we should all support the hard work of single parents, mother OR father. Why does the right hate them when they're trying to do the right thing? and then you idiots attack anyone who aborts or uses birth control. Stupid and sick bible thumpers want to control every move people make and then attack either decision.

It turns out the shooter may have been another illegal, possibly a dreamer. How many people need to be murdered by violent illegals before you agree that maybe it is a bad idea to let them in? How big a number are you willing to accept to assuage your feelings of guilt?

And, those European countries plus "gun free" Australia have far higher rates of violent crime. Criminals know their victims cannot defend themselves.

Interesting history Fun Facts.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-in-american-history/?utm_term=.8981fc908945
1949, Camden, N.J. 13 killed. Howard Unruh, a World War II veteran, walks the streets of Camden killing random people.
The incident became known as the "Walk of Death".
1966, Austin. 18 killed. Charles Whitman fires from a tower on the University of Texas campus.
1982, Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 13 killed. George Banks kills five of his children and 8 other people.
1984, San Ysidro, Calif. 21 killed. James Huberty enters a McDonald’s and begins shooting.
1986, Edmond, Okla. 14 killed. Postal worker Patrick Sherrill kills 14 people at his workplace.
1990, Jacksonville, Fla. 10 killed. James Pough kills 8 people after his car is repossessed. He'd killed two others earlier.
1991, Killeen, Tex. 23 killed. George Hennard drives his truck into a cafeteria and then opens fire.
1999, Littleton, Colo. 13 killed. The shooting at Columbine High School is the deadliest high school shooting to date.
1999, Atlanta. 12 killed. Mark Barton kills nine people at brokerage firms after having killed three relatives.
2005, Red Lake, Minn. 9 killed. Jeffrey Weise kills members of his family and then students at a local high school.
2007, Blacksburg, Va. 32 killed. Until Sunday, the 32 people killed by Seung Hui Cho at Virginia Tech was the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
2009, Fort Hood, Tex. 13 killed. Nidal Hasan kills 13 people at the Army base.
2009, Binghamton, N.Y. 13 killed. Jiverly Wong murders 13 people at a small immigrant services center.
2009, Geneva County, Ala. 10 killed. Michael McClendon kills 10 people, including a baby, in rural Alabama.
2012, Newtown, Conn. 27 killed. Adam Lanza’s spree at Sandy Hook Elementary included the murder of 20 children.
2012, Aurora, Colo. 12 killed. James Holmes opens fire during a late-night movie screening.
2013, Washington. 12 killed. Aaron Alexis kills a dozen people with a shotgun.
2015, San Bernardino, Calif. 14 killed. Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, kill more than a dozen people during a holiday party.
2015, Roseburg, Ore. 9 killed. Chris Mercer kills nine in a shooting at a community college in Oregon.
2015, Charleston, S.C. 9 killed. Dylann Roof attends a prayer meeting at a historic black church in Charleston before opening fire.
2016, Orlando. 50 killed. The attack at the gay nightclub Pulse in Orlando is the deadliest in U.S. history.
2017, Vegas 58 + shooter dead. 851 (422 by gunfire)

---
Notice that the number of such incidents has become more frequent in recent years.
THANKS NRA, you and your Gun Nutter folks are fully responsible, and to blame here.

link?

What does the NRA have to do with it?
The NRA is pushing guns on America and with the help of the stupids who believed in Obamas warehouses of confiscated weapons buying so many more the nation is overflowing with killing machines. And a gun is made for only one reason; killing
. And a gun is made for only one reason; killing

I've owned firearms for over 50 years, as have both brothers.

Both grandfathers, and 5 out of 6 uncles owned firearms

to my knowledge, NOT ONE OF US HAS EVER KILLED ANYONE.

over 300,000,000 firearms in the hands of civilians in this country..

less than 1% used to kill.

We must use them for wall decorations, hmmm?

I realize you're waiting for congratulations that you haven't murdered anyone but you reminded me that a mass shooter used to post here. Maybe someone else can remember his name.

BUT - what Tax Man wrote is true - guns have only one purpose. Killing.

Never mind that firearms also have the deterrent purpose of preventing one from being killed.
Well that just works so well in our nation. After all, the number of gun deaths is about the same as auto accident deaths. And Opioid deaths are about double those numbers. But we don't need funds and studies concerning drugs or guns now, do we? Oh yeah, the NRA lobbied and got rules so the CDC cannot study gun violence. Don't you all love that.

The NRA activated a program a few years ago to go after kids. Get 'em while they're young and brainwash the fuck out of them.
After Child Shooting, NRA Conference Peddles Guns For Kids

Eddie Eagle has been around for years.

And that excuses the message the nra is now pushing?

WHAT message do you think they are pushing?

It's not Eddie Eagle. It's the Appleseed Project. And the message is this, you stupid fucking idiot: Gun manufacturers want to get a jumpstart on the next generation because gun sales have fallen off like a rock. Stupid white people ran to the gun stores after Obama was elected and are armed up with 3-4 guns that they barely use now.

Gun sales fall by $100 million due to the 'Trump slump'

out of curiosity, did you bother to look up the Appleseed Project?

or did you just pull your view of it out of your ass?

Project Appleseed Marksmanship Training - NRA Show 2017

And, those European countries plus "gun free" Australia have far higher rates of violent crime. Criminals know their victims cannot defend themselves.
Oh my, you mean they have some fist fights? Because their rate of murder is far, far lower than ours.

original.jpg

Of course they are God help you if you can't see it.

teenviolence.png

There's been 12 school shootings so far in 2018.
12 school shooting incidents have occurred in the U.S. so far in 2018

Did you read your article?

"Jan. 15: Wiley College in Marshall, Texas

Police believe two suspects in a car exchanged gunfire with a person in a dormitory parking lot. No injuries were reported, but a bullet entered a dorm room during the incident.

Jan. 10: Grayson College in Denison, Texas

A criminal justice student fired a bullet through a wall after mistaking the firearm for training gun. No one was injured.

Jan. 9: Coronado Elementary School in Sierra Vista, Arizona

A 14-year-old boy was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the school bathroom.

Jan. 6: School bus in Forest City, Iowa

A 32-year-old man was arrested after firing a pellet gun into a school bus. No children were injured, but a window on the bus was shattered.

Jan. 4: New Start High School in Burien, Washington

Shots were fired from outside the school into the school's administration office, but no one was injured.

Jan. 3: East Olive Elementary School in St. John's Michigan

A 31-year-old man shot and killed himself in the school parking lot after hours of negotiation with police. The man called authorities, said he was suicidal and had a handgun."

Copyright 2017 KXTV

Only considered 'school shootings' to the bed wetting Bloomberg gun grabbing group

Progressives are masters of spewing faulty propaganda. That is the one thing they are very good at.

So now, mass shootings don't count if they're not kids?

Why are RWNJs always so defensive about mass shootings? Why do you always defend it?

These threads are always the same and the right is always on the side of wrong.

Disgusting yes, but just plain frightening that you people always choose the side that causes our country the most harm.

Instead of "trying" to do the right thing now, perhaps they should have done the right thing before getting pregnant.

Rules-S.jpg

Eddie Eagle has been around for years.

It's not Eddie Eagle. It's the Appleseed Project. And the message is this, you stupid fucking idiot: Gun manufacturers want to get a jumpstart on the next generation because gun sales have fallen off like a rock. Stupid white people ran to the gun stores after Obama was elected and are armed up with 3-4 guns that they barely use now.

Without watching the vid, is there anything in it like, 'here's a gun, go out an shoot someone', or is it about gun safety, marksmanship, and responsibility?

Related [continuation]:

2nd amendment was ratified in 1791
NRA was established in 1871

Challenge: Someone explain to me how the 2nd amendment, which has existed for 227 years, and/or the NRA, which has existed for 147 years, has caused the supposed uptick of school shootings /absent/ social, moral, and ethical changes to American culture as a whole?

It is intellectually lazy and dishonest argument IMO.

Joke, right?

The fact you name shows the answer.

FACT is that the nra used to be about education and safety. Now they work for gun makers. Their job is to get gop slime to push for more and more and more and more guns.

Duh.

Nice partisan propaganda deflection son, but you seem to have forgotten to post "facts" with this dribble.

What evidence do you have that the NRA is working for the gun manufactures, and/or, give some evidence that the NRA's activities have somehow branched outside the stated goals of

a) support of gun safety/training/education they've been engaged in for the past 147 years,

b) shooting sport support [aka training/sponsoring/promoting] they've been engaged in for the past 115 years.

c) the defense of the 2nd amendment they've been engaged in for the past 21 years... [edit] erm oops 43 years.

into "pushing" for more and more gun ownership, as you said?

Here's what I have for facts:

The NRA started supporting and training "shooting sports" in 1903;

"The NRA's interest in promoting the shooting sports among America's youth began in 1903 when NRA Secretary Albert S. Jones urged the establishment of rifle clubs at all major colleges, universities and military academies. By 1906, NRA's youth program was in full swing with more than 200 boys competing in matches at Sea Girt that summer. Today, youth programs are still a cornerstone of the NRA, with more than one million youth participating in NRA shooting sports events and affiliated programs with groups such as 4-H, the Boy Scouts of America, the American Legion, Royal Rangers, National High School Rodeo Association and others." - NRA | About the NRA

See also: said:
The Emergence of National Federations and the UIT As shooting traditions developed in the U.S. and overseas, many national federations were established in the mid to late 19th century. The National Rifle Association of America (NRA) was founded in 1871 by Colonel William Church and Captain George Wingate of the New York National Guard. The U.S. Revolver Association, founded in 1900, actually selected, trained, and financed Olympic pistol teams through the 1936 Games. The NRA then assumed leadership and developmental responsibilities for pistol, rifle and, beginning in 1960, shotgun shooting in the U.S. - washingtonpost.com: The History of Shooting Sports

The NRA didn't get involved in politics until 1975, with 'secondary' goal of defending the second amendment; lobbying via their Institute for Legislative Action.

The NRA didn't start accepting donations to pay their trainers and educators until 1990.

In 1997 the NRA took up the cause of self defense; specifically they handle the training and certification of up to a million private citizens a year. (In addition to already training police and military in the millions)

Last edited:

There's been 12 school shootings so far in 2018.
12 school shooting incidents have occurred in the U.S. so far in 2018

Did you read your article?

"Jan. 15: Wiley College in Marshall, Texas

Police believe two suspects in a car exchanged gunfire with a person in a dormitory parking lot. No injuries were reported, but a bullet entered a dorm room during the incident.

Jan. 10: Grayson College in Denison, Texas

A criminal justice student fired a bullet through a wall after mistaking the firearm for training gun. No one was injured.

Jan. 9: Coronado Elementary School in Sierra Vista, Arizona

A 14-year-old boy was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the school bathroom.

Jan. 6: School bus in Forest City, Iowa

A 32-year-old man was arrested after firing a pellet gun into a school bus. No children were injured, but a window on the bus was shattered.

Jan. 4: New Start High School in Burien, Washington

Shots were fired from outside the school into the school's administration office, but no one was injured.

Jan. 3: East Olive Elementary School in St. John's Michigan

A 31-year-old man shot and killed himself in the school parking lot after hours of negotiation with police. The man called authorities, said he was suicidal and had a handgun."

Copyright 2017 KXTV

Only considered 'school shootings' to the bed wetting Bloomberg gun grabbing group

Progressives are masters of spewing faulty propaganda. That is the one thing they are very good at.

So now, mass shootings don't count if they're not kids?

Why are RWNJs always so defensive about mass shootings? Why do you always defend it?

These threads are always the same and the right is always on the side of wrong.

Disgusting yes, but just plain frightening that you people always choose the side that causes our country the most harm.

Who said that?

Of course they are God help you if you can't see it.

View attachment 176771

You seem to be saying we should shit on single parents because they shoot people.

Not willing to waste much more time on this but look more closely and you'll find its actually a question of chicken or egg. The bible thumpers say we have shootings (pregnancy, crime, fill in the blank) because we don't indoctrinate kids to religion (Which religion? Which god?) in school and yet, kids get raped and shot at church. Or, women are raped because of what they wear but nuns are raped and so are elderly women in nursing homes.

You do this a lot - search for facts to fit your agenda. Its a fool's errand but don't let me stop you. And good luck finding google.

Instead of "trying" to do the right thing now, perhaps they should have done the right thing before getting pregnant.

Rules-S.jpg

Scary thing is, you probably believe these cause single parenthood.

Without watching the vid, is there anything in it like, 'here's a gun, go out an shoot someone', or is it about gun safety, marksmanship, and responsibility?

You are dumb at math.

You are dumb at math.

math?

Forum List

Back