Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bas posted scripture but you have posted nothing, you're just bluffing. The Bass is strong in his faith which is why he believes and follows it all the way as stated by the Bible.

I posted scripture, it's the third line of the parchment of Ra, the father god. It's the exact same proof you have for yours, based on your logic mine is just as true and accurate.

So toilet paper is the parchment you quoted from? very God inspiring indeed, :rolleyes:

The parchment of Ra is a holy scripture, which was memorized and followed to the letter by the priest(esse)s of Ra, and still is by the few remaining today. It is just as valid and factual as your particular bible, and proves itself to be inspired by Ra in the exact same manner as yours does.

There's only one true church, the one that teaches what the bible says, all these other creeds and doctrines just divide people and a look at the bible reveals this to be true.

Charlie

Why then, did we get Prophecy regarding Jesus speaking to the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation, giving them all repremand and warnings on where they, all 7 of them, were falling short?

Care

This is not the Bass standing on a soapbox special pleading, this based upon the Church of Christ being the only Church that follows the Bible absolutely and not after the doctrines and traditions of men.

Apparently Charlie, in your humble opinion, my humble opinion is wrong... Well in my humble opinion, your humble opinion is wrong.

What do we do now? I can tell you that the odds of your changing my mind are slim... I assume from the passion of your posts, my changing your mind is not likely...

Historically, now is the moment where one of us kills the other to prove whose opinion is the correct one, but I really don't want to do that. (Of course I'm confident that I would prevail, as I assume you are too.)

Quite the conundrum... What should we do dude?

-Joe

If everyone followed the Bible only and not traditions and the doctrines of men there would be no disagreement. Only fanatics go to war and kill over this, not true believers and followers of Christ, you're sinner so you wouldn't understand.

If everyone were satisfied with 'enough' we wouldn't have an international banking crisis.

If wishes were horses, all dreamers would ride.

If cancer were curable the grave yard would have fewer residents.

If...

If...

What makes your humble opinion of the bible more important than my humble opinion of it?

-Joe

There's only one true church, the one that teaches what the bible says, all these other creeds and doctrines just divide people and a look at the bible reveals this to be true.

I would have to disagree. I think there are as many paths to God as there are seekers of wisdom.

Religions are how people make sense of all of this... stuff. I'm not very good at math but when I have it explained in a certain way it makes more sense. I think religions are like that, they try to explain the same fundamental truths in different ways. I think it's sort of God's way of trying to make sure everyone has a chance to "get it". And I don't just mean the various Christian sects, I mean all of it. I don't condemn pagans for not following Jesus, because I've been outside and I've seen nature and I know God is there too. God can be a heavenly father figure if that's how you need to see things for it to make sense. God can be the divine goddess if that helps. God can be an elephant that removes obstacles from your path. It's really all the same truth when you get down to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TtAvKkMmmE&feature=related

So when we find that the christians are responsible for most of the hatred and pain in the world that we should come for you first?

You are no different than Bass ...

You are blind as a bat. Deaf is your middle name. You speak without a clue.

And you have no sense of humor or satire.

Chuckie spouts this religious crap and claims his religion is the only way. I never tell anyone mine is the only way.
I just make observations. You can take them or leave them.

Anyone that claims gods exclusive preference by an invisible all powerful entitiy is gathering more enemies than I could ever hope to focus on his dumb ass.

One thing I noticed Kitty is you are a little quick on the draw. You are a little froggy...jumpy.

Have you tried going down to the Locks and watching the boats or the fish ladder. Its real peaceful. Take a lunch..

So when we find that the christians are responsible for most of the hatred and pain in the world that we should come for you first?

Chuckie spouts this religious crap and claims his religion is the only way. I never tell anyone mine is the only way.

Anyone that claims gods exclusive preference by an invisible all powerful entitiy is gathering more enemies than I could ever hope to focus on his dumb ass.

One thing I noticed Kitty is you are a little quick on the draw. You are a little froggy...jumpy.

Have you tried going down to the Locks and watching the boats or the fish ladder. Its real peaceful. Take a lunch..

LOL .. I have no sense of humor ... classic. Now THAT was funny, same with most of your post. I am always quick, one of the quickest. I hit the refresh button fastest in the west ...

I use to hang out in the camp grounds, hiking, beaches, etc. ... until too many people over crowded them. Now, back on topic.

You contend that all religion is wrong, which is the exact same thing as Bass claiming that his religion is the only true one. Seriously, think about it, atheism is a form of religion, much like choosing not to choose is still choosing.

I would have to disagree. I think there are as many paths to God as there are seekers of wisdom.

Religions are how people make sense of all of this... stuff. I'm not very good at math but when I have it explained in a certain way it makes more sense. I think religions are like that, they try to explain the same fundamental truths in different ways. I think it's sort of God's way of trying to make sure everyone has a chance to "get it". And I don't just mean the various Christian sects, I mean all of it. I don't condemn pagans for not following Jesus, because I've been outside and I've seen nature and I know God is there too. God can be a heavenly father figure if that's how you need to see things for it to make sense. God can be the divine goddess if that helps. God can be an elephant that removes obstacles from your path. It's really all the same truth when you get down to it.

There are no many paths to God, there's only one way, Christ and He has stated it:

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. -- John 1:14

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

As we can see, Jesus is the only and Jesus in the Word, so the only way to God is through His Word, not the doctrines and false paths provided by men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TtAvKkMmmE&feature=related

Catholics are Catholics, not Christians, the *Church of Christ* has never done any of those things, if you think otherwise post proof.

There are no many paths to God, there's only one way, Christ and He has stated it:

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. -- John 1:14

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

As we can see, Jesus is the only and Jesus in the Word, so the only way to God is through His Word, not the doctrines and false paths provided by men.
:eusa_boohoo:

Seriously ... only the weak in faith and will ever believe that. Amanda has an open mind and is learning, you however are unwilling to learn anything. So even if I didn't already know it, her words have more truth by default.

LOL .. I have no sense of humor ... classic. Now THAT was funny, same with most of your post. I am always quick, one of the quickest. I hit the refresh button fastest in the west ...

I use to hang out in the camp grounds, hiking, beaches, etc. ... until too many people over crowded them. Now, back on topic.

You contend that all religion is wrong, which is the exact same thing as Bass claiming that his religion is the only true one. Seriously, think about it, atheism is a form of religion, much like choosing not to choose is still choosing.

I'm just standing on the other side of the street pointing out that those of faith on the other side are naked like the emperor. Its not a religion..it is an observation. I don't need faith or permission from some group to see.

I'm just standing on the other side of the street pointing out that those of faith on the other side are naked like the emperor. Its not a religion..it is an observation. I don't need faith or permission from some group to see.

No, what you are doing is contending that your religion (ie lack of it) is the one true religion and that all others are false. Atheists do have faith in things, they also grasp for hope and understanding, their methods are different (but then all religions have different methods) but the goals are still the same. A balance between the two will vastly improve your life and your outlook on it.

:eusa_boohoo:

Seriously ... only the weak in faith and will ever believe that. Amanda has an open mind and is learning, you however are unwilling to learn anything. So even if I didn't already know it, her words have more truth by default.

Being a Christian and following the Bible is not something that can happen through many ways, either you follow the Bible or not. If not you are not a Christian, there are no multiple ways to be a Christian.

One thing and one thing only is for certain...

As we do now regarding our world, a thousand years from now people will look at us through their history books with both tears and laughter.

-Joe

One thing and one thing only is for certain...

As we do now regarding our world, a thousand years from now people will look at us through their history books with both tears and laughter.

-Joe

Damn ... that's a good quote ... deep and probably true.

To be a good and true Christian, one must follow the Bible and do it the way God has laid out because God is infallible and the Creator of all and His Word lives forever, man and his ways are not. People cannot do it their way, no matter how good it sounds. Its like being in the military, if you're a good and true marine, soldier, airman and or *SIGH*, seaman, you must do things the way each particular branch of service has laid out in its standards, if you don't meet the standard you don't make the cut, period, the same with being a Christian, its either the way of the Bible or you don't make the cut.

Last edited:

No, what you are doing is contending that your religion (ie lack of it) is the one true religion and that all others are false. Atheists do have faith in things, they also grasp for hope and understanding, their methods are different (but then all religions have different methods) but the goals are still the same. A balance between the two will vastly improve your life and your outlook on it.

You are right you got me...All faith based religion is crap..it is a lie...it is a pure waste of time in peoples lives. Do I wish humans were smarter and not so easily duped? Yes.

Religious zealotry and condemnation is in and of itself a sin. Only God may pass judgment. By doing so, Bass, you are saying that you are as powerful as God. Thus, you are committing a sin with practically every one of your ridiculous posts.

And guess what, the Bible doesn't differentiate sins. Your blasphemy is on equal footing with homosexuality.

Charlie

Why then, did we get Prophecy regarding Jesus speaking to the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation, giving them all repremand and warnings on where they, all 7 of them, were falling short?

Care

These are not seven different denominations, these are seven congregations of Churches of Christ, we have way more than seven here is Mississippi alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back