Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be a good and true Christian, one must follow the Bible and do it the way God has laid out because God is infallible and the Creator of all and His Word lives forever, man and his ways are not. People cannot do it their way, no matter how good it sounds. Its like being in the military, if you're a good and true marine, soldier, airman and or *SIGH*, seaman, you must do things the way each particular branch of service has laid out in its standards, if you don't meet the standard you don't make the cut, period, the same with being a Christian, its either the way of the Bible or you don't make the cut.

Blah, blah, blah, Charlie.

It is still your opinion.

You can't prove the existence of Heaven any more than I can prove the existence of Val Halla.

Assuming we don't fight to the death to prove who is right, what makes your opinion worth more than mine?

-Joe

Religious zealotry and condemnation is in and of itself a sin. Only God may pass judgment. By doing so, Bass, you are saying that you are as powerful as God. Thus, you are committing a sin with practically every one of your ridiculous posts.

And guess what, the Bible doesn't differentiate sins. Your blasphemy is on equal footing with homosexuality.

Straw argument and ad-hominem, the Bass condemned no other but stated what was said in the Word verse for verse. The Bass made no judgments of his own, so quit telling lies to distract from the point.

To be a good and true Christian, one must follow the Bible and do it the way God has laid out because God is infallible and the Creator of all and His Word lives forever, man and his ways are not. People cannot do it their way, no matter how good it sounds. Its like being in the military, if you're a good and true marine, soldier, airman and or *SIGH*, seaman, you must do things the way each particular branch of service has laid out in its standards, if you don't meet the standard you don't make the cut, period, the same with being a Christian, its either the way of the Bible or you don't make the cut.

Is it the way you personally follow Christ and the Word or is it the way you tell others that they should be, that gets you to Heaven, in your book?

Also, did Christ only die for SOME of the sins of others, or did He die for all of the sins, if you take stock in this doctrine and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord?

These are not seven different denominations, these are seven congregations of Churches of Christ, we have way more than seven here is Mississippi alone.

Then your Church clearly is not following the Bible. Congratulations, you have failed.

Care to demonstrate how the Church of Christ is wrong when we follow only the Bible and not the doctrines of men?

Is it the way you personally follow Christ and the Word or is it the way you tell others that they should be, that gets you to Heaven, in your book?

Also, did Christ only die for SOME of the sins of others, or did He die for all of the sins, if you take stock in this doctrine and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord?

He died for all, but that doesn't change the fact that true believers follow the Bible only and not the doctrines of men. The Bible provides all that we need to be good Christians, you people are arguing besides the point.

These are not seven different denominations, these are seven congregations of Churches of Christ, we have way more than seven here is Mississippi alone.

Then your Church clearly is not following the Bible. Congratulations, you have failed.

Care to demonstrate how the Church of Christ is wrong when we follow only the Bible and not the doctrines of men?

Nobody is questioning your groups ability to follow its chosen instruction manual... my question to you, Charlie is: "Why must I be wrong for you to be right? Why won't you tolerate my lifestyle as I tolerate yours?"

-Joe

You can't prove the existence of Heaven any more than I can prove the existence of Val Halla.

Assuming we don't fight to the death to prove who is right, what makes your opinion worth more than mine?

-Joe

Everything the Bass said can be backed up by the Bible, this isn't the Bass stating his way, this is what is written.

-Joe

Everything the Bass said can be backed up by the Bible, this isn't the Bass stating his way, this is what is written.

What do you have to back up the bible you are using?

He died for all, but that doesn't change the fact that true believers follow the Bible only and not the doctrines of men. The Bible provides all that we need to be good Christians, you people are arguing besides the point.

I happen to believe the Bible has the answers and direction as well and followers of Christ, means exactly that, followers of Christ and His teachings.

I am not arguing 'besides the point'...if anything, I agree with the premise....that "we the people, ARE the church", not necessarily the establishment we may walk in to on Sunday to worship.

Nobody is questioning your groups ability to follow its chosen instruction manual... my question to you, Charlie is: "Why must I be wrong for you to be right? Why won't you tolerate my lifestyle as I tolerate yours?"

-Joe

The Bible says you're wrong and if you have a problem with that try reading the bible and praying to God to get a better understanding. The Bass tolerates you as a human being, but the Bass will not condone sin. The Bass is not forcing anything on you, just stating what the scriptures say.

I happen to believe the Bible has the answers and direction as well and followers of Christ, means exactly that, followers of Christ and His teachings.

I am not arguing 'besides the point'...if anything, I agree with the premise....that "we the people, ARE the church", not necessarily the establishment we may walk in to on Sunday to worship.

If thats your point then we have no disagreement.

-Joe

The Bible says you're wrong and if you have a problem with that try reading the bible and praying to God to get a better understanding. The Bass tolerates you as a human being, but the Bass will not condone sin. The Bass is not forcing anything on you, just stating what the scriptures say.

You are no less dangerous than Ossama Bin Ladin. You religious wack jobs are the cause of all war and human suffering.

-Joe

The Holy Bible

Nice book...

Interesting stories...

Proves nothing.

Charlie, in your opinion, The Bible is the word of the Creator of the Universe. Good for you!

In my opinion The Bible is an interesting book of stories.

I can't prove you wrong any more than you can prove me wrong. If you want to believe that The Bible is the infallible word of "God", that is fine by me. I choose to think of the Bible as a collection of stories, written by humans, that had incredible influence over the development of our society, mostly because the people who were influenced by those stories had the weaponry to back up their "Word of God" opinions.

Why must I be wrong for you to be right?

Forget the bible for a minute and decide for yourself if you can tolerate my existence, solely on the basis of my believing that you are wrong.

-Joe

-Joe

You are no less dangerous than Ossama Bin Ladin. You religious wack jobs are the cause of all war and human suffering.

Bin laden kills for political reasons covered up with religion, the Church of Christ has not, is not and will not ever do that, is no comparison.

Bass, not only was the Bible written by man, but it was written in ancient dead languages, translated a half dozen times before it was written in English. Your belief that what YOUR Bible says is what the original Bible said is ludicrous and laughable.

Furthermore, scriptures left from the Bible that directly contradict much of what was written in the Bible prove that your Bible is nothing more than the work of MAN, not God. The Dead Sea Scrolls, the recent exclusion of the Apocrypha, the exclusions of the testaments of Mary, Enoch, Nicodemus and countless others all point to the fact that the Bible was a creation of man. Man decided what was and was not the word of God.

Stop your blithering idiocy.

Church of Christ?

Is this the cult-like church? I think I've met a few of these guys, used to work with one. If this is the group, their entire lives revolved around this church.

They sure were a happy bunch though. Never met a happier group of people.

-Joe

That, my friend is the problem.

You do not tolerate me because you believe me to be a 'sinner'. You have judged me and found me lacking.

I, on the other hand, think your opinion regarding The Bible is incorrect, but I support your right to be wrong. I even think it is kind of cute.

What makes your humble opinion of more value than my humble opinion?

-Joe

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back