Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, blah, blah, Charlie.

It is still your opinion.

You can't prove the existence of Heaven any more than I can prove the existence of Val Halla.

Assuming we don't fight to the death to prove who is right, what makes your opinion worth more than mine?

-Joe

Everything the Bass said can be backed up by the Bible, this isn't the Bass stating his way, this is what is written.

The Holy Bible

Nice book...

Interesting stories...

Proves nothing.

Charlie, in your opinion, The Bible is the word of the Creator of the Universe. Good for you!

In my opinion The Bible is an interesting book of stories.

I can't prove you wrong any more than you can prove me wrong. If you want to believe that The Bible is the infallible word of "God", that is fine by me. I choose to think of the Bible as a collection of stories, written by humans, that had incredible influence over the development of our society, mostly because the people who were influenced by those stories had the weaponry to back up their "Word of God" opinions.

Why must I be wrong for you to be right?

Forget the bible for a minute and decide for yourself if you can tolerate my existence, solely on the basis of my believing that you are wrong.

-Joe

There is no forget the Bible, the Word is the basis of the Church of Christ, we move, live by and teach it. Because of the bible and God's mercy your existence is tolerated.

Everything the Bass said can be backed up by the Bible, this isn't the Bass stating his way, this is what is written.

The Holy Bible

Nice book...

Interesting stories...

Proves nothing.

Charlie, in your opinion, The Bible is the word of the Creator of the Universe. Good for you!

I can't prove you wrong any more than you can prove me wrong. If you want to believe that The Bible is the infallible word of "God", that is fine by me. I choose to think of the Bible as a collection of stories, written by humans, that had incredible influence over the development of our society, mostly because the people who were influenced by those stories had the weaponry to back up their "Word of God" opinions.

Forget the bible for a minute and decide for yourself if you can tolerate my existence, solely on the basis of my believing that you are wrong.

-Joe

There is no forget the Bible, the Word is the basis of the Church of Christ, we move, live by and teach it. Because of the bible and God's mercy your existence is tolerated.

So by definition, Christians must be intolerable of all others?

No freedom to choose? No live and let live?

Are you sure you want to belong to such a bigoted group?

-Joe

The Holy Bible

Nice book...

Interesting stories...

Proves nothing.

-Joe

I believe you have that last part backwards.

There is no one true church.

I've never met a person who believed there was one true church but didn't belong to it.

There is one true the Church, the Bible says so, and there are people who belong to it.

Yeah, except that everyone who believes this thinks they are part of that church.

Everyone can't be right, and I see no reason to believe why you are.

The Holy Bible

Nice book...

Interesting stories...

Proves nothing.

-Joe

-Joe

You must be hard of reading and hearing Joe, no one said Christians must be intolerable of people, we just don't and cannot condone acts that are against the teachings of the Bible.

There is no one true church.

I've never met a person who believed there was one true church but didn't belong to it.

There is one true the Church, the Bible says so, and there are people who belong to it.

Yeah, except that everyone who believes this thinks they are part of that church.

Its easy to distinguish who's wrong and who's right, those who follow the Bible and the bible only are the ones in righteousness, those who don't are not, it doesn't matter how good they look.

Its easy to distinguish who's wrong and who's right, those who follow the Bible and the bible only are the ones in righteousness, those who don't are not, it doesn't matter how good they look.

Which bible, you never say which one.

Why do you keep trolling when you have no point?

I like that you quoted yourself and asked this question, ingrate.

Online Etymology Dictionary
bible
early 14c., from Anglo-L. biblia, from M.L./L.L. biblia (neuter plural interpreted as fem. sing.), in phrase biblia sacra "holy books," from Gk. ta biblia to hagia "the holy books," from biblion "paper, scroll," the ordinary word for "book," ...

Which version of which bible?

I have a point. The point is that there is no one true church. You proclaiming that there is one and you are part of it does not make it so.

I find exclusive sectarianism offensive.

Bass, not only was the Bible written by man, but it was written in ancient dead languages, translated a half dozen times before it was written in English. Your belief that what YOUR Bible says is what the original Bible said is ludicrous and laughable.

Furthermore, scriptures left from the Bible that directly contradict much of what was written in the Bible prove that your Bible is nothing more than the work of MAN, not God. The Dead Sea Scrolls, the recent exclusion of the Apocrypha, the exclusions of the testaments of Mary, Enoch, Nicodemus and countless others all point to the fact that the Bible was a creation of man. Man decided what was and was not the word of God.

Stop your blithering idiocy.

Quoted, since Bass totally ignored it.

-Joe

You must be hard of reading and hearing Joe, no one said Christians must be intolerable of people, we just don't and cannot condone acts that are against the teachings of the Bible.

So what is your definition of 'intolerable', if not one who does not and can not condone the acts of others?

In the end, you do not have the right to condone or abhor my lack of belief in The Bible here in America. By not believing that your Bible is the word of 'God', I am doing nothing against any rule that We, the People have agreed to live by. Is that not what our boys and girls are fighting for over in Iraq?

Again I ask... What makes your humble opinion of more value than mine? Why Charlie, should I not think of you as a self-righteous bigot?

-Joe

Last edited:

In your humble opinion... That does NOT make it correct.

-Joe

How to tell if your book is truly the HOLY SCRIPTUES of GOD?

When you utter holy words, that the window to heaven is opened and a bright light is focused onto the speaker as if they were channeling the divine.

Tell me, has this ever happened to you when you read from the book you think is Holy? No? Ohh, maybe you need to find the correct Holy Book, then?

In your humble opinion... That does NOT make it correct.

-Joe

Not in the Bass' opinion but according to the Word of God, for without it the Church of Christ has no moral authority and or foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back