Why Should Pres Bush Go To Detroit?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Sep 2, 2006.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    DeVos says Bush should meet auto execs

By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN
    AP POLITICAL WRITER

Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos talks to business and political leaders at Detroit Athletic Club Thursday, June 29, 2006 in Detroit. (AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza, FILE)
    LANSING, Mich. -- President Bush needs to sit down with the heads of the Big Three automakers and do it soon, Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos said Wednesday.

"We're being ignored here in Michigan by the White House, and it has got to stop," DeVos told reporters at his campaign headquarters in Lansing. "I'm just calling on the president now, and the White House, to get it done and to hold this meeting.
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1130AP_DeVos_Bush.html

My question is why should Pres Bush meet with them. Is it the President s job to clean up a mess created by greedy unions and the poor quality of their product?

DeVos may have been a great soap salesmen with Amway, but he is all wet on this one

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Hell No....he shouldn't ....Be it a Republican or Democrat President..

What a bunch of stupid #### idiots....

They can't run a business.......Too bad how sad.........Losers...:rolleyes:

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    What planet is she living on, US auto makers superior in the design, production and sales of 21st century cars and trucks? What a joke!

I guess these folk will continue to keep their heads in the sand, continue to produce a shitty product and depend on Daddy Gov to bail em out. Let em die, I say.

4. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Dems will never fault the auto unions. The union thugs have destroyed the auto companies, stolen billions form their members (and given a large portion to the Democrat Party) and now scream how capitalism has crippled their ability to compete.

If the big three cannot compete, they should fold up and allow the stronger auto companies to fill the void