Why Should Pres Bush Go To Detroit?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
DeVos says Bush should meet auto execs

By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN
AP POLITICAL WRITER

Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos talks to business and political leaders at Detroit Athletic Club Thursday, June 29, 2006 in Detroit. (AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza, FILE)
LANSING, Mich. -- President Bush needs to sit down with the heads of the Big Three automakers and do it soon, Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos said Wednesday.

"We're being ignored here in Michigan by the White House, and it has got to stop," DeVos told reporters at his campaign headquarters in Lansing. "I'm just calling on the president now, and the White House, to get it done and to hold this meeting.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1130AP_DeVos_Bush.html

My question is why should Pres Bush meet with them. Is it the President s job to clean up a mess created by greedy unions and the poor quality of their product?

DeVos may have been a great soap salesmen with Amway, but he is all wet on this one

Hell No....he shouldn't ....Be it a Republican or Democrat President..

What a bunch of stupid #### idiots....

They can't run a business.......Too bad how sad.........Losers...:rolleyes:

Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm has chastised the Bush administration several times for having failed to meet with automotive executives. In early July, she sent the president a letter urging him to stand by his word and plan a meeting.

"While the companies continue to transform themselves, their leaders are eager to meet with you to discuss many issues that would lead to a better way of maintaining Americas superior position in the design, production and sales of 21st century cars and trucks," Granholm wrote.
What planet is she living on, US auto makers superior in the design, production and sales of 21st century cars and trucks? What a joke!

I guess these folk will continue to keep their heads in the sand, continue to produce a shitty product and depend on Daddy Gov to bail em out. Let em die, I say.

What planet is she living on, US auto makers superior in the design, production and sales of 21st century cars and trucks? What a joke!

I guess these folk will continue to keep their heads in the sand, continue to produce a shitty product and depend on Daddy Gov to bail em out. Let em die, I say.

Dems will never fault the auto unions. The union thugs have destroyed the auto companies, stolen billions form their members (and given a large portion to the Democrat Party) and now scream how capitalism has crippled their ability to compete.

If the big three cannot compete, they should fold up and allow the stronger auto companies to fill the void

DeVos says Bush should meet auto execs

By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN
AP POLITICAL WRITER

Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos talks to business and political leaders at Detroit Athletic Club Thursday, June 29, 2006 in Detroit. (AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza, FILE)
LANSING, Mich. -- President Bush needs to sit down with the heads of the Big Three automakers and do it soon, Republican gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos said Wednesday.

"We're being ignored here in Michigan by the White House, and it has got to stop," DeVos told reporters at his campaign headquarters in Lansing. "I'm just calling on the president now, and the White House, to get it done and to hold this meeting.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1130AP_DeVos_Bush.html

My question is why should Pres Bush meet with them. Is it the President s job to clean up a mess created by greedy unions and the poor quality of their product?

DeVos may have been a great soap salesmen with Amway, but he is all wet on this one

Its funny Michigan soundly rejected Dick DeVos so why did Trump pick Betsy Devos? This is a great example of how Republican policies are unpopular but eventually they shove them down our throats.

Forum List

Back