The lefts double standard

nt250

Jun 2, 2006
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16823

This week liberals were outraged over a joke involving a Republican politician being assassinated. Was it the art exhibit depicting a gun pointed at the President’s head with “Patriot Act” written underneath? Nope. Was it the buttons depicting the President pointing a gun at his own head with the phrase “end terrorism now?” Nope. How about the T-shirt depicting Tom DeLay’s committing suicide with the caption, “We can dream, can’t we?” Wrong, again.

HUMAN EVENTS Legal Affairs Correspondent Ann Coulter is the only person who can get liberals in such a tizzy. The offensive act is the title of her column this week, “They Shot the Wrong Lincoln.” The column was perfectly timed, incisive and critical of President Bush’s endorsement of liberal candidates Senators Lincoln Chafee (R.I.) and Joe Lieberman (Conn.). And the title—hilarious!

Here is Ann's column:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16796

I'm a native Rhode Islander and everything Ann says in that column is correct. Linc Chaffee is the WORST idiot ever elected to public office anywhere.

Lincoln Chaffee is Republican in name only. He rode his fathers coattails into office as Mayor of Warwick, RI and he single handily destroyed an institution that had survived for a hundred years and two major hurricanes: Rocky Point Amusement Park. When Chaffee was Mayor of Warwick Rocky Point had fallen on hard times. They were behind on their taxes. So what did "Republican" Chaffee do? Did he seek out ways to help a local business? Did he try to save an institution that was an iconic symbol of all our childhoods? Did he make any attempt to save it at all? No.

When Rocky Point failed to pay it's back taxes, Mayor Lincoln Chaffee ordered the city public works department to take down all the signs that pointed the way to Rocky Point.

Rocky Point sat on Narragansett Bay. It was many miles from Route 95 and the entrance to the park was in the middle of a residential neighborhood. It was VERY difficult to find if you didn't know where it was. So for generations, all over Warwick, there were arrows on telephone poles and utility poles that pointed the way. Just small white arrows with the red lettering 'Rocky Point" or "RP". I grew up in Warwick, I had been to Rocky Point a hundred times as a kid, but when my daughter was old enough for me to take her there, if it hadn't been for those signs, I never would have found it.

Lincoln Chaffee ordered all those signs taken down. Smart, huh? How was Rocky Point going to pay it's bills if nobody could find it? They couldn't. It closed shortly after that. Linc Chaffee managed to kill what even the '38 Hurricane couldn't.

Why? Because he's an idiot.

So why are the Democrats all up in arms over Ann's column? She attacked another Republican, so why do they care? Well, very simple: because she said it and anything she says has to be attacked just on general principle. The double standards of the left is in full force. Any Democrat can say anything they want about George W. Bush, about Americans and our idiotness (anyone watch Bill Maher last week?), but let Ann speak another truth and they're all over her for being "mean".

The only real "mean" aspect of that column was the reference to Chaffee being kicked in the head by a horse. Chaffee's sister was killed by being kicked in the head by a horse. So if Ann knew about that, then that was a pretty low blow.

He's still an idiot, though.

No one should criticise anything Coulter writes, they should just ignore it all.

But that's just me.

How are you doing nt?

No one should criticise anything Coulter writes, they should just ignore it all.

But that's just me.

How are you doing nt?

Coulter can be criticized. But it is possible to criticize someone's views without demonizing them in the process.

I'm doing fine, how are you?

Shitty weekend. I hope nobody had any Labor Day weekends planned around here. Rain and more rain.

Coulter can be criticized. But it is possible to criticize someone's views without demonizing them in the process.

I'm doing fine, how are you?

Shitty weekend. I hope nobody had any Labor Day weekends planned around here. Rain and more rain.

Coulter tends to bring out the worst in some. She's quite aggressive and straightforward, being straightforward isn't that bad but she doesn't do it well imo.

Doing fine myself, after having one of the hottest months in history, now it's one of the wettest over here. So rain is pretty much a constant here.

Forum List

Back