Why should blacks become republicans?

Because 25 years ago, you were able to get away with lying about history. Today, too many people are aware of people like you that attempt to whitewash history, like saying things such as "MLK was a Republican", or "the civil war was about state's rights".

I don't know how King voted. And any idiot that continues to call people people a liar like you do - especially when you're lying yourself is a joke.

There's no need for "you" to know how anyone voted, it's called reading historical documents.

The problem is, YOU admitted to not having read what I wrote before you dragged me into your private pissing match.

It's obvious to most here that you either plagiarize swill from someone who is as ignorant as you OR maybe you like to cherry pick from documents to get the result you want. Let me make my post understandable for you:

I did not take the side of the liberal or conservative; Republican nor Democrat. But, when some jackass comes along, trying to screw with me and tell me what I said and did not say before reading my post, it makes you look like an absolute idiot... and you seem to be on a mission to prove that perception right.

It has already been established that you're a coward. You're posting B.S. on the Internet that you don't say to people in public - and for good reason. It appears that you are too stupid to read all of a post and then offer up a civil conversation wherein you respectfully challenge any point (s) you don't understand. So little guy (and I mean that in more ways than one) while you are trying to compensate for some apparent deficit, let me tell you one more time: If you want to say stupid shit, you should take it to PM. What you're doing is not entertaining, educational, nor even remotely interesting.

Plagiarize? Cherry pick? Coward? Little guy?

:laughing0301:

Bottom line, you were caught posting shit that was not only inaccurate, but indicative of someone that has a Trump level of believability. Now you are trying to throw whatever you can at the wall to see what sticks. Everything I post, I can back up with historical documents, that is how one wins a debate, not by ad homming in hopes that people will get baffled by bullshit.

The day you post anything except bullshit I will kiss my own ass on the main street of any town in America and give you two weeks to draw a crowd.

Your dumb ass isn't very smart to keep calling people a liar when you can't read beyond three sentences in any one post before getting lost in cyber space - unable to understand words over five letters and one syllable.

Evidently I'm smart enough to cause you to see red, and prove that people must be really gullible to hire someone like yourself to speak about something you know nothing about.

Now you're reduced to babbling. Put down the shovel, know when to just stop digging.

I'm babbling? You are spouting dung as if it were manna from Heaven. You trying to pick a fight? You won't get it done on a discussion board. The only hole we're digging here is the one to put that horseshit your're slinging into.

So, people paid you to speak?

:rofl:

Let me put it another way for you:

My hometown newspaper had an editorial by the lead editor wherein he said that I was "the most quoted man in Georgia."

...Georgia....say no more.

That comes across as a bigoted post. My what a vast array of emotional disorders you suffer from.
Sure, because I was born and raised in middle Georgia, so I know exactly the type of person you are.

How many cross burnings or black churches have you burned as a testament to prove your superiority?

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.

I am partly responsible for taking this thread into places you did not intend to go. So, let me apologize and then take some of your time to answer your question. This response will be long, but well worth your time to read:

I disagree with you about history. Once you understand the past you will understand the current.

There is NO doubt about it. The Democrats were the first racists in the United States. That is a fact. .

I stopped reading here, because lying by omission is still lying. You want to conflate party (democratic) with ideology (liberal/conservative). Read up on the voting results of the CRA to see why geographical location is where the divide on race was settled. The north overwhelmingly voted for the CRA, while the south overwhelmingly voted against it. Here is the breakdown.....

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)

Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)

Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)

Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)

Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

So, the snake oil that has been peddled for so long by conservatives is just that, snake oil. It was and isn't about "democrats vs republicans", it was always about liberals vs conservatives.

Then why was the question asked of Republicans?

Um...because today the Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal, which was not the case when that member tried to say Democrats were the first racists.

It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?
Democratic politics had nothing to do with the KKK
In 1916, the KKK was both democratic and republican
Today, KKK policies and Republican are indistinguishable

• Thanks
Reactions: ATL
I am partly responsible for taking this thread into places you did not intend to go. So, let me apologize and then take some of your time to answer your question. This response will be long, but well worth your time to read:

I disagree with you about history. Once you understand the past you will understand the current.

There is NO doubt about it. The Democrats were the first racists in the United States. That is a fact. .

I stopped reading here, because lying by omission is still lying. You want to conflate party (democratic) with ideology (liberal/conservative). Read up on the voting results of the CRA to see why geographical location is where the divide on race was settled. The north overwhelmingly voted for the CRA, while the south overwhelmingly voted against it. Here is the breakdown.....

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)

So, the snake oil that has been peddled for so long by conservatives is just that, snake oil. It was and isn't about "democrats vs republicans", it was always about liberals vs conservatives.

Um...because today the Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal, which was not the case when that member tried to say Democrats were the first racists.

It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?
It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

I don't know how King voted. And any idiot that continues to call people people a liar like you do - especially when you're lying yourself is a joke.

There's no need for "you" to know how anyone voted, it's called reading historical documents.

The problem is, YOU admitted to not having read what I wrote before you dragged me into your private pissing match.

It's obvious to most here that you either plagiarize swill from someone who is as ignorant as you OR maybe you like to cherry pick from documents to get the result you want. Let me make my post understandable for you:

I did not take the side of the liberal or conservative; Republican nor Democrat. But, when some jackass comes along, trying to screw with me and tell me what I said and did not say before reading my post, it makes you look like an absolute idiot... and you seem to be on a mission to prove that perception right.

It has already been established that you're a coward. You're posting B.S. on the Internet that you don't say to people in public - and for good reason. It appears that you are too stupid to read all of a post and then offer up a civil conversation wherein you respectfully challenge any point (s) you don't understand. So little guy (and I mean that in more ways than one) while you are trying to compensate for some apparent deficit, let me tell you one more time: If you want to say stupid shit, you should take it to PM. What you're doing is not entertaining, educational, nor even remotely interesting.

Plagiarize? Cherry pick? Coward? Little guy?

:laughing0301:

Bottom line, you were caught posting shit that was not only inaccurate, but indicative of someone that has a Trump level of believability. Now you are trying to throw whatever you can at the wall to see what sticks. Everything I post, I can back up with historical documents, that is how one wins a debate, not by ad homming in hopes that people will get baffled by bullshit.

The day you post anything except bullshit I will kiss my own ass on the main street of any town in America and give you two weeks to draw a crowd.

Your dumb ass isn't very smart to keep calling people a liar when you can't read beyond three sentences in any one post before getting lost in cyber space - unable to understand words over five letters and one syllable.

Evidently I'm smart enough to cause you to see red, and prove that people must be really gullible to hire someone like yourself to speak about something you know nothing about.

Seeing red? Son, you couldn't make me see red on your best day. That remark you made about Georgia shows that you are racist (stereotyping.)

You know damn well I know what I'm talking about. Otherwise you would be a complete idiot and a moron to waste time trying to troll me.

The Senate version:

When Clinton was in office that applied to the Democrats.

Most Republicans I'm aware of want immigration law to be enforced. They just want to know who's coming in and who's staying.

Same argument that the left makes about gun owners.

Registration is the wrong solution. Better way to get the job done.
Registration is the solution

Track guns from cradle to grave

Registration of men or firearms is only a solution to Liberty - since you appear to hate it so much.
I agree

Let women have all the firearms they wish
They rarely cause any trouble
They rarely cause any trouble ? Just once a month when they get together with that guy Tom
I thought it was their Aunt Flo?

The Senate version:

It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

What is the charter of the KKK?

The Senate version:

Give me an example

Organization and Principles of the Ku Klux Klan, 1868

The Senate version:

You pointing that out, is like saying airplanes used to have three wings. It doesn't matter one iota what label was which before the CRA was signed, because afterwards conservatives knew which party held their values. LBJ set in motion the freewheel of white nationalists into the GOP.

You contested the claim that Democrats were the first racists. I merely pointed out that, in a sense, this is true. I'm not the one making comparisons here.

Give me an example

How about two examples?

Are you historically ignorant or what? Thought you were from Georgia. That organization didn't last but a very few years.

So, people paid you to speak?

:rofl:

My hometown newspaper had an editorial by the lead editor wherein he said that I was "the most quoted man in Georgia."

That comes across as a bigoted post. My what a vast array of emotional disorders you suffer from.
Sure, because I was born and raised in middle Georgia, so I know exactly the type of person you are.

How many cross burnings or black churches have you burned as a testament to prove your superiority?

How many white chicks have you raped to prove - whatever in the Hell black supremacists try to prove when they do that?

You see, it only takes just a little prodding to show the real intentions of someone like yourself. The difference in my question to you, is that only white supremacists burned crosses and black churches, whereas, all races of men have been guilty of rape.

Damn, you have just been owned, kinda ironic considering the circumstances....

Are you historically ignorant or what? Thought you were from Georgia. That organization didn't last but a very few years.

Are you stupid or dumb? You asked for the charter of the KKK, I provided the charter of the KKK, now you are attempting to move the goal posts like a good little snowflake.

From Wikipedia:

"Andrew Johnson (December 29, 1808 – July 31, 1875) was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson became president as he was vice president at the time of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. A Democrat who ran with Lincoln on the National Union ticket, Johnson came to office as the Civil War concluded. The new president favored quick restoration of the seceded states to the Union. His plans did not give protection to the former slaves, and he came into conflict with the Republican-dominated Congress, culminating in his impeachment by the House of Representatives. He was acquitted in the Senate by one vote.

Johnson opposed the Fourteenth Amendment, which gave citizenship to former slaves. In 1866, Johnson went on an unprecedented national tour promoting his executive policies, seeking to destroy his Republican opponents
"

Andrew Johnson - Wikipedia

There you have it. In 1868, when the KKK appeared on the scene, they were Democrats. More info for you:

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans.

Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans
..."

Grant, Reconstruction and the KKK | American Experience | PBS

Are you stupid or dumb? You asked for the charter of the KKK, I provided the charter of the KKK, now you are attempting to move the goal posts like a good little snowflake.

No, I responded. If you are going to resort to racism, how would you feel if I could return the favor? But, I'd rather say things like that to your face

From Wikipedia:

"Andrew Johnson (December 29, 1808 – July 31, 1875) was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson became president as he was vice president at the time of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. A Democrat who ran with Lincoln on the National Union ticket, Johnson came to office as the Civil War concluded. The new president favored quick restoration of the seceded states to the Union. His plans did not give protection to the former slaves, and he came into conflict with the Republican-dominated Congress, culminating in his impeachment by the House of Representatives. He was acquitted in the Senate by one vote.

Johnson opposed the Fourteenth Amendment, which gave citizenship to former slaves. In 1866, Johnson went on an unprecedented national tour promoting his executive policies, seeking to destroy his Republican opponents
"

Andrew Johnson - Wikipedia

There you have it. In 1868, when the KKK appeared on the scene, they were Democrats. More info for you:

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans.

Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans
..."

Grant, Reconstruction and the KKK | American Experience | PBS

So, I guess I will go with you are stupid, because nothing you posted addressed anything. In fact, your assertion was already debunked when I showed that party affiliation before 1964 means nothing like it does today.

How many white chicks have you raped to prove - whatever in the Hell black supremacists try to prove when they do that?

You see, it only takes just a little prodding to show the real intentions of someone like yourself. The difference in my question to you, is that only white supremacists burned crosses and black churches, whereas, all races of men have been guilty of rape.

Damn, you have just been owned, kinda ironic considering the circumstances....

You are spewing complete and utter nonsense. I have some words for you:

"We joyfully receive for ourselves and others the blessings of community, sexuality, marriage, and the family.

We commit ourselves to the rights of men, women, children, youth, young adults, the aging, and people with disabilities; to improvement of the quality of life; and to the rights and dignity of racial, ethnic, and religious minorities
."

What United Methodists Believe

What in the HELL is that I see at the top of the page? What does that symbolize? OMG. Our resident black supremacist just got busted - proved he was an uneducated liar.

No, I responded. If you are going to resort to racism, how would you feel if I could return the favor? But, I'd rather say things like that to your face

If you support what the KKK advocated for, then why is what I asked you racist? Just like your ilk likes to do all the time with race stats, they say the truth can't be racist, so....

Forum List

Back