Why should blacks become republicans?

Um...because today the Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal, which was not the case when that member tried to say Democrats were the first racists.

It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?
Democratic politics had nothing to do with the KKK
In 1916, the KKK was both democratic and republican
Today, KKK policies and Republican are indistinguishable

When Clinton was in office that applied to the Democrats.
Give me an example

How about two examples?

Neither remotely approximates KKK policies

Republicans policies do

Um...because today the Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal, which was not the case when that member tried to say Democrats were the first racists.

It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?
It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

What is the charter of the KKK?

Organization and Principles of the Ku Klux Klan, 1868

You're babbling again.

If not for the candidacy of Obama , Steele would not have been selected

Token

So, explain, hypothetically, how the GOP, follows the heart felt advice of you libs, and

"outreach" and "increase diversity" without it being, a "token"?

Because from what I can see, this looks like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation,

where if we DON'T appoint/elect any blacks, we get attacked for lack of diversity

and if we do

we get attacked for "tokenism".

RW, did you miss this?

I have already addressed twice......you just don’t like the answer

Steele was a token party leader to counteract an Obama candidacy

Look...we got blacks too

Not an attempt at diversity, an attempt to address the Obama candidacy

Now, bookmark this response and refer to it the next time you claim I didn’t address your comment

Why does the supposed immediate motivation by Obama, negate the "Diversity" of having a black person in charge of the RNC?

I'm serious RW, I am having trouble following the distinctions being drawn here.

:bang3:

I'm trying RW, but this is really looking like just a damned if you do, damned if you don't bullshit trap.

I don't see the distinction you are making between GOOD "diversity", and BAD "token".

And you have NOT done much to explain it.

So, explain, hypothetically, how the GOP, follows the heart felt advice of you libs, and

"outreach" and "increase diversity" without it being, a "token"?

Because from what I can see, this looks like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation,

where if we DON'T appoint/elect any blacks, we get attacked for lack of diversity

and if we do

we get attacked for "tokenism".

RW, did you miss this?

Look...we got blacks too

Now, bookmark this response and refer to it the next time you claim I didn’t address your comment

Why does the supposed immediate motivation by Obama, negate the "Diversity" of having a black person in charge of the RNC?

I'm serious RW, I am having trouble following the distinctions being drawn here.

I'm trying RW, but this is really looking like just a damned if you do, damned if you don't bullshit trap.

I don't see the distinction you are making between GOOD "diversity", and BAD "token".

Sure you’re trying, trying like hell to be as intellectually dishonest as possible. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the GOP selected Michael Steele only to try and convince blacks to join the GOP, just like the only reason they chose Sarah Palin was to try and get the woman vote for those that were mad at Obama for winning the primary.

Are you historically ignorant or what? Thought you were from Georgia. That organization didn't last but a very few years.

Are you stupid or dumb? You asked for the charter of the KKK, I provided the charter of the KKK, now you are attempting to move the goal posts like a good little snowflake.

No, I responded. If you are going to resort to racism, how would you feel if I could return the favor? But, I'd rather say things like that to your face

If you support what the KKK advocated for, then why is what I asked you racist? Just like your ilk likes to do all the time with race stats, they say the truth can't be racist, so....

Do you do drugs? You're the one that played the race card. I don't give two hoots in Hell. One thing is for sure, you accuse me of it and I will feed right back to you.

Give me an example

How about two examples?

Republicans policies do

It's the same message; just a different time.

Look...we got blacks too

Sure you’re trying, trying like hell to be as intellectually dishonest as possible. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the GOP selected Michael Steele only to try and convince blacks to join the GOP, just like the only reason they chose Sarah Palin was to try and get the woman vote for those that were mad at Obama for winning the primary.
Give it up

Above his intellectual paygrade

ATL don't have a pay grade. Welfare and protesting is not a career.

Give me an example

How about two examples?

Republicans policies do

Republicans clean up the overt racism and use code words

It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

What is the charter of the KKK?

Organization and Principles of the Ku Klux Klan, 1868

From Wikipedia:

"Andrew Johnson (December 29, 1808 – July 31, 1875) was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson became president as he was vice president at the time of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. A Democrat who ran with Lincoln on the National Union ticket, Johnson came to office as the Civil War concluded. The new president favored quick restoration of the seceded states to the Union. His plans did not give protection to the former slaves, and he came into conflict with the Republican-dominated Congress, culminating in his impeachment by the House of Representatives. He was acquitted in the Senate by one vote.

Johnson opposed the Fourteenth Amendment, which gave citizenship to former slaves. In 1866, Johnson went on an unprecedented national tour promoting his executive policies, seeking to destroy his Republican opponents
"

Andrew Johnson - Wikipedia

There you have it. In 1868, when the KKK appeared on the scene, they were Democrats. More info for you:

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans.

Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans
..."

Grant, Reconstruction and the KKK | American Experience | PBS

So, I guess I will go with you are stupid, because nothing you posted addressed anything. In fact, your assertion was already debunked when I showed that party affiliation before 1964 means nothing like it does today.

You haven't "debunked" a damn thing there sport. You've shown me your IQ isn't quite as big as your shoe size; you've admitted screwing with people by prodding them (that's called trolling) and we have this one way street of you proving that it's now what you know, but who you blow that keeps you posting BULLSHIT you can't defend.

You can take your straw man arguments and stick them where the sun don't shine.

I am partly responsible for taking this thread into places you did not intend to go. So, let me apologize and then take some of your time to answer your question. This response will be long, but well worth your time to read:

I disagree with you about history. Once you understand the past you will understand the current.

There is NO doubt about it. The Democrats were the first racists in the United States. That is a fact. .

I stopped reading here, because lying by omission is still lying. You want to conflate party (democratic) with ideology (liberal/conservative). Read up on the voting results of the CRA to see why geographical location is where the divide on race was settled. The north overwhelmingly voted for the CRA, while the south overwhelmingly voted against it. Here is the breakdown.....

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)

Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)

Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)

Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)

Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

So, the snake oil that has been peddled for so long by conservatives is just that, snake oil. It was and isn't about "democrats vs republicans", it was always about liberals vs conservatives.

Then why was the question asked of Republicans?

As you were unable to demonstrate in another thread, post the Republican platform along side the KKK platform for comparison. Failing that, once again the partisan extremist had to back off an initial position.

Give me an example

How about two examples?

Republicans policies do

Republicans clean up the overt racism and use code words

Yeah, and I'm equally pissed off at Republicans doing it and then denying it. They think they can pee down my neck and tell me it's raining. They are no less extreme than that POS following me around like a dog in heat that is protected because our society has a dual standard when it comes to this subject.

Some people are too ignorant to figure it out:

Politicians play each demographic for what they can get out of them - which translates into votes. Both sides are lying to the people.

I mean, really, the so - called "conservatives" are willing to sell their souls over a minimum wage sap working two fast food jobs to feed his family while the sons and daughters of those Hell raising Republicans have children that are caught up in taking legal and illegal drugs to the point their lives are in jeopardy.

But, the Rs join the Ds in novel excuses to turn America into a third world cesspool.

I am partly responsible for taking this thread into places you did not intend to go. So, let me apologize and then take some of your time to answer your question. This response will be long, but well worth your time to read:

I disagree with you about history. Once you understand the past you will understand the current.

There is NO doubt about it. The Democrats were the first racists in the United States. That is a fact. .

I stopped reading here, because lying by omission is still lying. You want to conflate party (democratic) with ideology (liberal/conservative). Read up on the voting results of the CRA to see why geographical location is where the divide on race was settled. The north overwhelmingly voted for the CRA, while the south overwhelmingly voted against it. Here is the breakdown.....

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)

So, the snake oil that has been peddled for so long by conservatives is just that, snake oil. It was and isn't about "democrats vs republicans", it was always about liberals vs conservatives.

I didn't say it did. I just said it was formed by a bunch of Democrat Civil War veterans.

That's bullshit and you know it. If that were anywhere near the truth, do you think there would be any black Republicans? Black Republicans know party policy and platforms as well as anybody and unlike what people like IM2 think, they are intelligent enough to think for themselves and they go in with their eyes open just like black Democrats do.

The Senate version:

I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are.

And "aligns perfectly" with the KKK charter is a bit much.

You know, if all you look for is racism then racism is all you will find.

I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are.

Your argument has been debunked numerous times already, the fact that you keep repeating it shows you are willfully dishonest.

Your argument has been debunked numerous times already, the fact that you keep repeating it shows you are willfully dishonest.

The fact that you keep claiming to have debunked stuff that you couldn't do calls YOUR honesty into question.

Is there any low you won't stoop to in order to get a negative reaction out of other posters?

What argument am I repeating and what has been debunked? I don't even know what you're talking about.

[

Cleaning up voter rolls does not require Voter ID. It is the job of the regional voter registrar. Only problem is it costs money. Money tight fisted Republicans do not like to spend

Cleaning up voter rolls is blocked by you Communists and corrupt judges 100% of the time.

The reason you block it is that cleaning up voter roles would thwart the voter fraud you Communists engage in every single election.

You Stalinists oppose voter ID and cleaning up voter registration because you believe election fraud is your sacred right.

[
If you want to require ID to vote
Remove the barriers to getting an ID

Can’t get an ID...... too bad for you

What "barriers" are those, Comrade?
Ask Pol Pot
Pol Pot - yes I recall Pol Pot - when he came to power in Cambodia the Liberals were telling people that they should "Celebrate the Victories of the Indochinese People" so that was a victory huh ??? So I'd hate to see what a loss would like ...

After America withdrew from the conflict, not only Vietnam but Laos and Cambodia fell to the evil empire of the era and American Liberals were touting the idea that we should 'celebrate the Victories of the Indochinese peoples'

warnpeace.jpg

Fast Forward - THE 21ST CENTURY - and the lefts false narratives have permeated society at almost every level. Sexual deviance and perversions are touted as homogeneous and healthy, the family structure as degenerate and decadent, American exceptionalism as evil and imperialistic. The Taliban, Al Qaeda and ISIS suddenly become victims of Western aggression and the American History is steadily revised to depict us as Satanic war mongering imperialists.

False Narratives of The Left

18 posts deleted

trolling, no content, posts containing only insults.

Get back on topic!

the KKK was both democratic and republican
100% Wrong - the original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white. The Klan terrorized both black and white Americans not to vote for Republican tickets.

The KKK was founded in 1866 and eventually spread to become a nationwide terrorist organization and functioned as de-Facto strong-arm division of the Democratic Party.

The 2007 book Carpetbaggers, Cavalry, and the Ku Klux Klan
ir
by J. Michael Martinez states 'many Southern whites ... were Democrats and a smaller number of them joined the KKK'.

The KKK was utilized extensively in Democratic campaigning in the South as well as the North.

Prominent Democratic Politicians such as Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, Al Gore, Sr. ALL KKK Members ... not a single Republican

Southern Republicans were lynched along with Blacks

Last edited:

What argument am I repeating and what has been debunked? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Well, are you going to answer the question? If you're going to accuse me of being willfully dishonest then I deserve to know why.

Forum List

Back