Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

Okay, this is bullshit. So let's say that you accept the argument made by the one Percenters that people who work in fast food DESERVE poverty wages.

Well, what about airline pilots?

Yes, despite the fact that the Airlines are making record profits for the hedge funds that own them, the pilots actually flying the planes are making near poverty wages.

One former member of the National Transportation Safety Board called it the airline industry's "dirty little secret." Well, it's not a secret anymore.

The issue – how much regional pilots are paid to fly. According to an aviation consulting firm, the starting salary is $18,168 a year. Compare that to a janitor's salary at $21,000 or a New York City cab driver with just a few years experience $22,000.

The issue is coming into focus during hearings in Washington DC into the crash of Colgan Air Flight 3407.

The plane's first officer, Rebecca Shaw made less than $24,000 dollars a year. Shaw lived with her parents in Seattle, but worked out of Newark. She commuted across the country overnight before the doomed flight and investigators have asked – did that prevent her from getting needed sleep?

Airline industry s dirty little secret American Morning - CNN.com Blogs

Hey, how about adjunct professors? Universities are charging our kids a FORTUNE to get Bachelor's degrees. So certainly, certainly, the people teaching them are being well paid.

Uh, no.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/in-plain-sight/poverty-u-many-adjunct-professors-food-stamps-n3365963

In search of cuts to their bottom line, American colleges and universities are using part time instructors to teach classes that a generation ago would have been the responsibility of tenured professors.

Paid as little as a couple of thousand dollars for each semester-long course, hundreds of thousands of people with doctorates or multiple master's degrees are earning near-poverty wages working as adjunct professors. And as a result, one in four families of part-time college faculty are enrolled in at least one public assistance program, like food stamps, Medicaid or the Earned Income Tax Credit, according to calculations of Census data by researchers at University of California, Berkeley's Labor Center.

So really, the whole argument that you need to go out and "get skills" is a fallacy. Capitalists will be capitalists.

Fifteen bucks an hour to flip burgers??

Man I'm in the wrong business. A business where I mutitask all day to keep things going. I'm the hub where I work yet I'm the lowest payed person in the department.

Think I'll skip on down to McD's and get one of those $15 and hour jobs.

So your argument is that because the Capitalists are cheating you, it's okay if they cheat other people?

Minimum wage law is a labor movement wet dream. It essentially mandates union membership for all, and sends the police after the scabs. But like all wet dreams, there's no lasting result. Just a mess to clean up in the morning.

Minimum wage law is a labor movement wet dream. It essentially mandates union membership for all, and sends the police after the scabs. But like all wet dreams, there's no lasting result. Just a mess to clean up in the morning.

again, when you have professors on food stamps and pilot taking on second jobs because they can't pay the bills, (and occassionally crashing planes due to sleep deprivation) the problem isn't just the burger flippers.

Why does the thought of a living wage frighten you so much?

again, when you have professors on food stamps and pilot taking on second jobs because they can't pay the bills, (and occassionally crashing planes due to sleep deprivation) the problem isn't just the burger flippers.

Why does the thought of a living wage frighten you so much?

Because it means more laws, more lawbreakers, more police and more opportunities for people to die at the hands of overzealous government. It means more state control over our economic decisions, which makes all other freedoms a moot point. When someone else controls how you make a living, they control pretty much anything else they want to.

Why shouldn't someone else be free to take a job for less than you? Why does that frighten you so much?

employees still get paid if the company loses money don't they?

of course they do.

Enron.
employees still get paid if the company loses money don't they?

of course they do.

Do you just make stuff up? Maybe, if you did some research you wouldn't be perceived as a fool and a liar?

Enron, of course is the classic example, and here is some dated material form 2010 - no doubt a consequence of the Great Bush Recession of "07 '09.

The 10 Biggest Failed Pension Plans - US News
Losing money and going out of business are 2 entirely different things Idiot.

And pension plans are not for workers they are for people who are no longer working Moron.
?????

LOL, you should never ever call anyone an idiot or a moron.

Q. Is there a difference in you head between a worker and a people?

Why would a successful business go out of business if it was making profits?

Pension plans are earned, no different than a salary.

Of course pensions are different from salaries that's why they are not called salaries. Besides pensions for the most part are a thing of the past and for good reason.

And any business can lose money for a time and still overall be profitable when that happens people still get paid.

In fact even in bankruptcy payroll is given a priority.

Your ego and you adoption of a crazy ideology prevent you from rational thought. Go pet your guns and pretend you're not a fool. It will make you feel normal.

You are too stupid to understand my ideology.

But then again you only relate to other sheep

You would? Go to Google.

That could be, in general, answer to every post you write here. I know you think that Google makes you smart.

But this is message board where people discuss things. If you can't answer the question, you could at least spare me of your idiocies.

One needs to know what questions to ask, and seeks at least two sources to support their case. Otherwise they risk being confused with a right wing jerk whose sole purpose is to troll and lie.

The thing is, I am not making the case, I am asking what makes you support yours.

So, $15 an hour. Why $15?

GO.

My case? I never stated a specific dollar amount, I simply supported a rise in the minimum wage. But, because you asked, I support a higher minimum raise for those workers who reside in Blue States, and let the workers in Red States continue to allow themselves to be exploited. Dumb as they are, they had an opportunity to Unionize in Kentucky and rejected it. "Right to Work" is a euphemism for union busting.

Oh, and before you make another false allegation about me or my motives, I was management for over half of my career, and spent many wasted hours arguing with the business manager of the union, as he and sometimes she tried to defend one of their members caught doing stupid things.

Obviously a failure for at least half your career as you certainly appear to support the homogenization of employees i.e. "unionization"!

You make judgments sans information here ^^^ and everywhere. That's a problem when one doesn't test their hypothesis, though blind faith seems a palliative for you and others who believe they know the truth.

Man I'm in the wrong business. A business where I mutitask all day to keep things going. I'm the hub where I work yet I'm the lowest payed person in the department.

If you're the hub, it's time to tell the boss this wheel needs grease. If s/he fires you, you can always become a welfare queen.

You're being taken advantage off. Get yourself another job offer and put the squeeze play on your current boss.

If you're that important to his operation, he'll come around.

You're being taken advantage off. Get yourself another job offer and put the squeeze play on your current boss.

If you're that important to his operation, he'll come around.
Nobody who is being paid the salary they agreed to by contract is being taken advantage of. The greed of always wanting more is the antidote to happiness in life. All you people have is covetousness.

I would like to know how lefties came up with number $15 an hour?

You would? Go to Google.

That could be, in general, answer to every post you write here. I know you think that Google makes you smart.

But this is message board where people discuss things. If you can't answer the question, you could at least spare me of your idiocies.

One needs to know what questions to ask, and seeks at least two sources to support their case. Otherwise they risk being confused with a right wing jerk whose sole purpose is to troll and lie.

The thing is, I am not making the case, I am asking what makes you support yours.

So, $15 an hour. Why $15?

GO.

My case? I never stated a specific dollar amount, I simply supported a rise in the minimum wage. But, because you asked, I support a higher minimum raise for those workers who reside in Blue States, and let the workers in Red States continue to allow themselves to be exploited. Dumb as they are, they had an opportunity to Unionize in Kentucky and rejected it. "Right to Work" is a euphemism for union busting.

Oh, and before you make another false allegation about me or my motives, I was management for over half of my career, and spent many wasted hours arguing with the business manager of the union, as he and sometimes she tried to defend one of their members caught doing stupid things.

I don't know if you stated specific dollar amount. You say you didn't and I'll take it as that.
But when I said earlier: "I would like to know how lefties came up with number $15 an hour?" - you had that urge to reply to it and made it your case. Of course, you didn't answer to what I asked, you just released your vast knowledge by telling me to use Google. If is not your case, then don't quote the post that is not your case and shut the fuck up.

In regards to your managing career and union members doing stupid things, I don't see how is related to what we're talking about. Care to explain?

Last edited:
Can't afford to give Americans a living wage, because the cons are giving CEO's $285 million a year.

GoPro s CEO is now the highest paid U.S. executive - Apr. 17 2015
For the FACTS!!!
The 39-year-old GoPro(GPRO) CEO was awarded a package of restricted stock units that at the end of 2014 was valued at an eye-popping $284.5 million.

DO you idiots understand?? THIS IS NOT A SALARY! IT IS not paid in cash as you idiot/LIPs may think!
IT IS STOCK VALUE!

Discovery Communications CEO David Zaslav received an astounding $156.1 million in compensation last year, the company disclosed Friday in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

NOW for the reality instead of the headline:

The vast majority of the windfall comes from more than $144 million in stock awards that Zaslav received after setting a new six-year employment contract last year.

In fairness, (???_) those awards will vest over time, which means that Zaslav did not actually command a $156.1 million paycheck. SEC rules mandate that Discovery record the entire value of stock awards to be doled out over the six-year contract in the first year that they are granted. Zaslav’s paydays in the coming years will be far lower. In 2013, Zaslav received $33 million, with $22.5 million coming from stock awards.
The stock awards are largely tied to the company’s performance during the next six years. That means his actual haul could wind up being nothing if Discovery’s stock falls below pre-determined targets, or it could be worth more, if the share price exceeds those benchmarks.
Nonetheless, the symbolism of a nine-figure payday in a single year is sure to stir outrage and debate among corporate watchdogs and governance experts.

Mega Payday Discovery s David Zaslav Earns 156 Million in 2014 Variety

Nice lie. There was nothing deleted.
Liar!
giphy.gif

NAH! you are the one that spouts your hatred all the time. Just read our replies you have sent even to me. LOL

Why do you hate rich people, is it envy? Jealousy? Or do you hate them simply because you were told to hate them and you obeyed mindlessly? I suspect you know very little about "rich" people, the amount they give to charity, the things the support. Its sad to see so many buying into the acidic rhetoric the left uses to get votes.
I don't recall saying I hate rich people.

My grandfather was one of the best off people in his town financially. Want to know what he did with all his money? He fed people knocking on his door during the Great Depression. He did charity work and gave at church. He lived frugally so his two kids could not have to struggle so hard. He was a rich guy, the best of them.

Dude your post was dripping with hatred.

First you deleted your quote where you were hating the rich, then you pretended you never did hilarious.

tumblr_mls7v5p1md1rv7jrto1_500.gif

Nice try "cowboy".

And with most of the replies about the middle class and the working force in this country. One can tell that the right wingers hate them to the Nth degree.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.
Yes, if it wasn't for a couple of recessions....I made ten and hour cash in the early eighties as a brick layer....

Jackass, most of us are in the middle class and are part of the labor force because we aren't Leftists sitting around and watching Judge Judy on welfare like you Leftwats.

Actually, if you had been paying attention, Judge Judy is popular with the right wing crowd. Many a positive thread has started about the Judge by our left right leaning posters.
I agree that there are many middle class righties on this board. Problem is they don't stick up for the middle class and condone much of the legislation that hurts the working middle class. Such as not raising the minimum wage (which the right leaning Cato Institute pointed out raising the minimum wage helps the middle class), no equal pay for women (which would have helped many dual income households), cutting the Earned Income Tax and cutting the Child Tax Credit Credit. That's four pieces of legislation that the GOP decided to go against the working class. But the GOP did pass the elimination of the estate tax that only benefited .2% of Americans who are in the highest earning quintile. That adds up to 4 pieces of legislation that hurt the middle class and one piece of legislation that only helps the uber wealthy.
What are people thinking?
The difference between the Dems and the GOP? The Dems talk the talk regarding helping the working class, they just don't walk the walk. In other words, they are worthless.
The GOP doesn't bother talking the talk about helping the working class, they just go ahead and cut programs or don't pass programs that help the working class. Buit damn it, we got plenty of money to cut $280 billion in taxes for a tiny, tiny uber wealth group of people.
In other words, both parties have no real interest in doing anything about America's Middle Class.

You don't get to decide what is and isn't "against the middle class" as much as you Leftwats like to think you frame the debate. Conservatives acknowledge that there are consequence for everything, and that, in many cases, the detriment outweighs the perceived benefit. This applies to unions, minimum wage hikes, and tax policy. The idiotic argument you posit that "if you're against unions, you're against labor" is being so soundly rejected by the American people that now more than half the country is right to work and recent studies have shown that the millenial generation has defected from union membership, which bodes doom for unions and the end of their tyrannical hold in the workplace and in politics.

When working people have a choice, they choose not to participate in Left wing policies. Suck it.

What is the justification for CEO's to make 10 of millions and stock options given to them. We can play the same game.

I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?

continued.............
To understand how delusional, consider that a $15 an hour full time salary would put you in the same ball park as biologists, auto mechanics, biochemists, teachers, geologists, roofers, and bank tellers.

You’d be making more than some police officers.

You’d easily out earn many firefighters.

Ironically, you’d be fast food workers with starting salaries higher than many professional chefs, which is a bit like paying a tattoo artist less than the person who paints cat whiskers on your face at the carnival.

You’d be halfway to the income of accountants, engineers, and physical therapists.

Does that sound fair? It might sound fun, but does it sound fair? These are highly skilled jobs which require years of training and education. These are jobs which, in some cases, our society profoundly relies upon. Jobs with enormous responsibilities. Jobs that are considerably more complex and complicated than refilling the soda fountain at Roy Rogers.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
Being a bank teller is not a trade...
and there it is....right there.

Being a bank teller opens the door to moving up to desk client services which opens the door to branch management which opens the door to a position in corporate operations.

Being a bank teller can be the opening to a great career.

What is the justification for CEO's to make 10 of millions and stock options given to them. We can play the same game.

Dear fast food workers,

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?
contrary to what the left wants you to believe......there are very few CEO's that get 10's of millions of anything.

Dear fast food workers,

The ABSOLUTELY SAME justification that these people make these salaries!!!
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.51.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.52.05 PM.png

Forum List

Back