Why Republicans Can't Win

It varies State to State. It comes down to the local populace if they want good roads. Or someone else to pay. Guess what you should pay, not me I have good roads.

You said it dude.

face up to the fact that you have a partisan brain stuck on killing this economy

Right now only Romney can beat Obama. The rest of the tea party radicals will not get the independent vote.

If the economy is still in the toilet in 2012 then the only folks who will be voting for Barry are his worshipers.

Anyone with half a brain can see that his policies haven't worked. Policies he is continuing in his latest Jobs Bill/Class warfare endeavor.

Seriously I think Barry thinks all he has to do is make pretty speechs and everyone is gonna buy his "Hope and Change" BS one more time.

I think he's pissing up a rope.

Flash his big toothy smile and crack a joke with hopes of making his audience laugh.

You have no sense of humor. That was stupid, not funny. But I know you think it was sooooo clever!!! :lol:

Humor is in the eye of the Beholder. It may not be funny to you but to me it is.

I am having a blast watching all you Democrats. Try and ignore what happened in 2010, and the Safe Democrat Seats that you have lost since then in special Elections, and Obama's numbers, and the Terrible Economy, and pretend OBAMA is a lock in 2012.

Very entertaining.

What are you talking about??? Nobody does that. You are just assuming that because it's what you people do when a dumb ass Republican like GWB is in office. Don't judge others by your behavior.

Also, I don't agree with your assessment. Lastly, tell us what crummy Republican in the running has a chance of beating President Obama??? Nobody is pretending anything.

Simple. 9% unemployment. 40% approval Rating. Massive debt problems made worse under his watch.

The Question we should be asking is why would Obama have any chance at all.

Answer because the GOP isn't much better.

In any normal Election Obama would be the underdog at this point.

Sad commentary on the state of American Politics that a President with such bad numbers, in such a bad economy has a better than fighting chance at re-election because the Opposition sucks too.

Oh and Nobody does what? Pretend Obama is a lock in 2012? Really. A sorts of die hard libs on this board do exactly that every single day in here. They try and tell us why Obama will surely win, despite all the facts that should mean he will lose.

Last edited:
We've had billions of stimulus dollars in addition to the normal appropriations for roads, bridges and infrastructure spent. And the infrastructure is in this kind of shape. What will throwing extra money at it do?

We've had millions spent at the state level on lowering crime. What will throwing extra money at it do?

Listen, if repairs are made at a rate faster than wear and tear, roads will improve. If we don't repair them, they'll continue to worsen. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

This isn't the middle fucking EAST where the desert dwellers scream "inshallah!" and hope that electrical wires will magically fix themselves due to Allah's grace.

What will more money do? It'll fix the damn roads and bridges that are crumbling.

Humor is in the eye of the Beholder. It may not be funny to you but to me it is.

I am having a blast watching all you Democrats. Try and ignore what happened in 2010, and the Safe Democrat Seats that you have lost since then in special Elections, and Obama's numbers, and the Terrible Economy, and pretend OBAMA is a lock in 2012.

Very entertaining.

What are you talking about??? Nobody does that. You are just assuming that because it's what you people do when a dumb ass Republican like GWB is in office. Don't judge others by your behavior.

Also, I don't agree with your assessment. Lastly, tell us what crummy Republican in the running has a chance of beating President Obama??? Nobody is pretending anything.

Simple. 9% unemployment. 40% approval Rating. Massive debt problems made worse under his watch.

Sad commentary on the state of American Politics that a President with such bad numbers, in such a bad economy has a better than fighting chance at re-election because the Opposition sucks too.

Oh and Nobody does what? Pretend Obama is a lock in 2012? Really. A sorts of die hard libs on this board do exactly that every single day in here. They try and tell us why Obama will surely win, despite all the facts that should mean he will lose.

Let's compare...shall we? And you can't really attack the source...it's the Wall Street Journal.

PresidentialApprovalRatings.jpg

Barry isn't doing as badly as a lot of former presidents...is he?

This should be oodles of fun with the interstates.

O wait. It's not real. Just some nameless, faceless Republican's wet dream.

Wait, didn't we just borrow $1,000,000,000,000 for shovel ready infrastructure projects and to maintain the intercontinental railroad?

You twits are priceless.

We've had billions of stimulus dollars in addition to the normal appropriations for roads, bridges and infrastructure spent. And the infrastructure is in this kind of shape. What will throwing extra money at it do?

We've had millions spent at the state level on lowering crime. What will throwing extra money at it do?

Listen, if repairs are made at a rate faster than wear and tear, roads will improve. If we don't repair them, they'll continue to worsen. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

This isn't the middle fucking EAST where the desert dwellers scream "inshallah!" and hope that electrical wires will magically fix themselves due to Allah's grace.

What will more money do? It'll fix the damn roads and bridges that are crumbling.
I'm not sure what lowering crime has to do with anything.
This isnt rocket science. If we just spent billions on "infrastructure" and got bridges to nowhere and turtle over passes instead of substantive repair, then why will doing the same thing again have a different result? Why is it going to be different this time?

Let's compare...shall we? And you can't really attack the source...it's the Wall Street Journal.

PresidentialApprovalRatings.jpg

Barry isn't doing as badly as a lot of former presidents...is he?

Hmm, let's take a closer look.
Nixon was at 60% when he ran for re-election, and won.
Ford was under 50% when he ran, and lost.
Carter was under 40% when he ran for re-election, and lost.
Reagan was over 60% when he ran for re-election, and won.
HW Bush was about 50% when he ran for re-election, and lost.
Clinton was over 60% when he ran for re-election, and won
Bush was over 50% when he ran for re-election, and won.
Obama is under 50% and running.

So it would seem that unless a president is polling an approval rating over 50% he doesn't get re-elected.

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

The debates alone are going to make great campaign commercials.

I can guarantee you in the 36% approval that the PEOPLE who are in the 54% disapproval ain't going to give a shit about ANY of your alls stupid commercials. RIGHT NOW they are saying, out with the Obama and his Comrades in arms. so run all the dumb commercials you want..

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

The debates alone are going to make great campaign commercials.

I can guarantee you in the 36% approval that the PEOPLE who are in the 54% disapproval ain't going to give a shit about ANY of your alls stupid commercials. RIGHT NOW they are saying, out with the Obama and his Comrades in arms. so run all the dumb commercials you want..

Id also point out that he is in lala land if he doesn't realize Obama has given us far more stupid statements to make comercials from.

Obama is a lock. Take it to the bank. Don't even worry about it. Obama is going (gonna for y'all colored folks) to come down from the mountain, read a mesmerizing speech from his teleprompter, and the entire country will rally around his amazingly brilliant words. The faux roman columns he speaks between will quiver under the weight of his oratory!! He will win all 58 states (57 plus one to go!) along with the District of Columbia, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, Antartica, and Australia. It will be the moment that the seas started to lower, the globe stopped cooling, and the earth started to heal!!

Obama is a lock. Take it to the bank. Don't even worry about it. Obama is going (gonna for y'all colored folks) to come down from the mountain, read a mesmerizing speech from his teleprompter, and the entire country will rally around his amazingly brilliant words. The faux roman columns he speaks between will quiver under the weight of his oratory!! He will win all 58 states (57 plus one to go!) along with the District of Columbia, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, Antartica, and Australia. It will be the moment that the seas started to lower, the globe stopped cooling, and the earth started to heal!!

And just wait for when he starts farting lilac scented rainbows....

Why cant republicans win:

Well, Bachmann, Cain, Newt, Ron Paul and pretty much every person they have running haven't got a chance against the sitting president.....and if your honest, you know I am telling the truth.

I guarantee you he will win. Bold statement I know, but show me someone who will beat him. I will come back here in 2012 and say I was wrong and put my tail between my legs.....you?

How old are you?

Oh and its fittna...not gonna. That played out 20 years ago. (bought to you by the society to keep old outdated white guys up to snuff).

God bless.:lol:

Why cant republicans win:

Well, Bachmann, Cain, Newt, Ron Paul and pretty much every person they have running haven't got a chance against the sitting president.....and if your honest, you know I am telling the truth.

I guarantee you he will win. Bold statement I know, but show me someone who will beat him. I will come back here in 2012 and say I was wrong and put my tail between my legs.....you?

NEVER hurts to hold onto a dream.
I think at this point if I had a dog it could beat Obama..but like I sad, it NEVER hurts to dream there is NO ONE out there who can beat him. hold onto that, because at this point it's about all you got.

Obama is not nearly as weak as the Hard Right portrays him, not at all. Perry has an outside chance of taking him on, Romney a much better one, and no Tea Party candidate has a chance at all. Think of all the Nevadans last November who went to the polls and had to decide between Reid and Angle. They stuffed a rag in their collective mouth, held their nose, and voted for Harry. The Tea Party will cost the GOP presidency if they put the American electorate in a similar situation.

Obama is not nearly as weak as the Hard Right portrays him, not at all. Perry has an outside chance of taking him on, Romney a much better one, and no Tea Party candidate has a chance at all. Think of all the Nevadans last November who went to the polls and had to decide between Reid and Angle. They stuffed a rag in their collective mouth, held their nose, and voted for Harry. The Tea Party will cost the GOP presidency if they put the American electorate in a similar situation.

18% of Republicans will NOT VOTE FOR A MORMON.

Reid won in Nevada is because Nevada is crawling with these magic-underwear clad freaks.

Romney's candidacy will drive evangelicals away from the GOP. Which is kind of what I suspect you want.

It is not just the hard right that views Obama as weak. The far left does as well. Obama's base has crumbled. He has lost the center. He has lost the college age people that voted for the first time. They all have jobs now and bills to pay. They will not be back. At least to vote for Obama again. And the white suburban moderates....forget them. Too many of them have fallen on hard economic times, lost jobs or lost their home to foreclosure.
People are going to vote economy and kitchen table issues.
They do not care about hope and change.They want a clear policy. Not promises. They want a plan and they want to see how it is going to be implemented and how it will be funded before they go ahead and vote for Obama. There is no boogeyman for Obama to run against. His "A vote for the GOP is a vote for the George Bush policies of the past" rant doesn't wash anymore.
If the economy does not improve by mid 2012, Obama would lose to Mickey Mouse.

Forum List

Back