Why Republicans Can't Win

Obama is not nearly as weak as the Hard Right portrays him, not at all. Perry has an outside chance of taking him on, Romney a much better one, and no Tea Party candidate has a chance at all. Think of all the Nevadans last November who went to the polls and had to decide between Reid and Angle. They stuffed a rag in their collective mouth, held their nose, and voted for Harry. The Tea Party will cost the GOP presidency if they put the American electorate in a similar situation.
It is not just the hard right that views Obama as weak. The far left does as well. Obama's base has crumbled. He has lost the center. He has lost the college age people that voted for the first time. They all have jobs now and bills to pay. They will not be back. At least to vote for Obama again. And the white suburban moderates....forget them. Too many of them have fallen on hard economic times, lost jobs or lost their home to foreclosure.
People are going to vote economy and kitchen table issues.
They do not care about hope and change.They want a clear policy. Not promises. They want a plan and they want to see how it is going to be implemented and how it will be funded before they go ahead and vote for Obama. There is no boogeyman for Obama to run against. His "A vote for the GOP is a vote for the George Bush policies of the past" rant doesn't wash anymore.
If the economy does not improve by mid 2012, Obama would lose to Mickey Mouse.

There's a HUGE BIG GAPING FLAW in your little argument there...

However much the "base" crumbles...especially the far left...they're still going to like Obama more than whomever the rabid right puts out there.

So the Right beats up on itself throughout the primary...and their candidates are the worse for wear. Independents may get turned off.

I will say that for the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama, independents might vote Republican. If the Repubs were to really stress their candidate's business prowess instead of moral issues...they might be seen as the cure to the economy.

I heard the same shit in 1979.
Trouble is, if the base isn't energized, they aren't voting. And since a lot of Obama's support came from blacks (87% rating down from 97%) and people under about 25, and independents, they aren't showing up to vote for someone who betrayed them. They'll sit home.

Obama is not nearly as weak as the Hard Right portrays him, not at all. Perry has an outside chance of taking him on, Romney a much better one, and no Tea Party candidate has a chance at all. Think of all the Nevadans last November who went to the polls and had to decide between Reid and Angle. They stuffed a rag in their collective mouth, held their nose, and voted for Harry. The Tea Party will cost the GOP presidency if they put the American electorate in a similar situation.
It is not just the hard right that views Obama as weak. The far left does as well. Obama's base has crumbled. He has lost the center. He has lost the college age people that voted for the first time. They all have jobs now and bills to pay. They will not be back. At least to vote for Obama again. And the white suburban moderates....forget them. Too many of them have fallen on hard economic times, lost jobs or lost their home to foreclosure.
They do not care about hope and change.They want a clear policy. Not promises. They want a plan and they want to see how it is going to be implemented and how it will be funded before they go ahead and vote for Obama. There is no boogeyman for Obama to run against. His "A vote for the GOP is a vote for the George Bush policies of the past" rant doesn't wash anymore.

However much the "base" crumbles...especially the far left...they're still going to like Obama more than whomever the rabid right puts out there.

So the Right beats up on itself throughout the primary...and their candidates are the worse for wear. Independents may get turned off.

I will say that for the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama, independents might vote Republican. If the Repubs were to really stress their candidate's business prowess instead of moral issues...they might be seen as the cure to the economy.
You may go ahead and rationalize all you like. Doesn't change a thing. I state opinions based on facts. The independent voter has left Obama. That is precisely why he is trying so hard to pander to as many demographic groups as possible. And to say that the young people and white suburban moderates will flock to Obama's rescue given the current economic situation and the disappointment over the lack of "hope and Change", you're really not thinking clearly. You're simply wishing.
I know the far left will not vote GOP. I never implied they would. What is possible though is they do not vote at all.
I agree that the GOP candidate whomever that may be should stay well clear of social issues.

You may go ahead and rationalize all you like. Doesn't change a thing. I state opinions based on facts. The independent voter has left Obama. That is precisely why he is trying so hard to pander to as many demographic groups as possible. And to say that the young people and white suburban moderates will flock to Obama's rescue given the current economic situation and the disappointment over the lack of "hope and Change", you're really not thinking clearly. You're simply wishing.
I know the far left will not vote GOP. I never implied they would. What is possible though is they do not vote at all.
I agree that the GOP candidate whomever that may be should stay well clear of social issues.

Don't make yourself out to be any smarter or better than anyone on this forum.
I don't give a shit if Obama wins or not...so I don't have to rationalize anything, dickcheese.

I know the far left will not vote GOP.

I never said you did. I said the base. Gezus. Can't you stop being so fucking rabid for a second and re-read a post before you go cookoo-for-cocoapuffs first?

:cuckoo: :eek: :cuckoo: :evil: :cuckoo: :clap2:

You state opinions that you think are logical extrapolations of the cherry-picked facts you like the most. Don't worry...99% of people on this board never concede anything. I guess it's seen as weakness around here...when it should be seen as the co-pilot of objectivity.

I'll concede that I think the right's base is more energized at the moment.

Translation: I've been pwned by that post so I'll counter it by posting a bunch of smilies and excuses.

The truth is as Spoon states it: the Left may very well sit home election day. The independents will go for the GOP nominee, especially if it's Perry. But people are not voting for 4 more years of the same thing.

There are very few of the peopel who voted for Obama because the republicans had fucked everything up so bad that will turn arround and vote for a right wing candidate like Parry, Cain or Paul.

They will see them righfully so as a return to the policies that got us here.

If the right runs a Romeny type the far right will run a tea party spoiler.

It really doesnt look good for the republicans.

thereisnospoon is engaged in rationalization that he calls facts. There are none that support his claims. The Hard Right cannot win an election in 2012 with the candidates it is fielding. The majority of the electorate will reject them, period.

Translation: I've been pwned by that post so I'll counter it by posting a bunch of smilies and excuses.

The truth is as Spoon states it: the Left may very well sit home election day. The independents will go for the GOP nominee, especially if it's Perry. But people are not voting for 4 more years of the same thing.

No family attacks-Meister

Now, if you'd actually like to post something that discusses what the big boys are talking about...well I'll be surprised.

We've had billions of stimulus dollars in addition to the normal appropriations for roads, bridges and infrastructure spent. And the infrastructure is in this kind of shape. What will throwing extra money at it do?

We've had millions spent at the state level on lowering crime. What will throwing extra money at it do?

Listen, if repairs are made at a rate faster than wear and tear, roads will improve. If we don't repair them, they'll continue to worsen. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

This isn't the middle fucking EAST where the desert dwellers scream "inshallah!" and hope that electrical wires will magically fix themselves due to Allah's grace.

What will more money do? It'll fix the damn roads and bridges that are crumbling.
I'm not sure what lowering crime has to do with anything.
This isnt rocket science. If we just spent billions on "infrastructure" and got bridges to nowhere and turtle over passes instead of substantive repair, then why will doing the same thing again have a different result? Why is it going to be different this time?

Let's go back to this one where you pointed out your own stupidity. I'm sorry you didn't get the correlation between the two situations. Here it is like a 2nd grader needs it:

Both are situations that you can't just throw money at expecting to fix the problem forever. Your post previous to this was the equivalent of "Mommy, why do I have to make my bed every day if I have to do it again tomorrow??" Crime will always come back. Roads will always need money. It really shouldnt be that hard to grasp.

And then this comment:
If we just spent billions on "infrastructure" and got bridges to nowhere and turtle over passes instead of substantive repair, then why will doing the same thing again have a different result? Why is it going to be different this time?

So in your world, we never spend money on infrastructure ever again because government inefficiency has made mistakes in the past. I guaran-damn-fucking-tee you that your blessed Republicans have been part of those fuckups as well.

You apparently don't think that government can ever get better, not even once, ever again. What a miserable fucking life you must lead...not to believe in the power of the American people. That we can vote bums out...and elect better women and men to replace them.

You're fucking unAmerican to the core, dude. Sucks to be you.

Last edited:

He's not "weak" at all.

He's got about the same numbers Roosevelt, Truman, Reagan and Clinton had around their first term..relatively speaking.

The alternative is dismal, as well. The best they have right now, Romney, comes with a plethora of flip flops and skeletons from his private industry days.

Everyone else is laughable. I've never seen a field of candidates like this. At least McCain was a war hero and had some pretty good legislative accomplishments.

Now, if you'd actually like to post something that discusses what the big boys are talking about...well I'll be surprised.

I'm not sure what lowering crime has to do with anything.
This isnt rocket science. If we just spent billions on "infrastructure" and got bridges to nowhere and turtle over passes instead of substantive repair, then why will doing the same thing again have a different result? Why is it going to be different this time?

Let's go back to this one where you pointed out your own stupidity. I'm sorry you didn't get the correlation between the two situations. Here it is like a 2nd grader needs it:

Both are situations that you can't just throw money at expecting to fix the problem forever. Your post previous to this was the equivalent of "Mommy, why do I have to make my bed every day if I have to do it again tomorrow??" Crime will always come back. Roads will always need money. It really shouldnt be that hard to grasp.

And then this comment:
If we just spent billions on "infrastructure" and got bridges to nowhere and turtle over passes instead of substantive repair, then why will doing the same thing again have a different result? Why is it going to be different this time?

So in your world, we never spend money on infrastructure ever again because government inefficiency has made mistakes in the past. I guaran-damn-fucking-tee you that your blessed Republicans have been part of those fuckups as well.

You apparently don't think that government can ever get better, not even once, ever again. What a miserable fucking life you must lead...not to believe in the power of the American people. That we can vote bums out...and elect better women and men to replace them.

Translation: I talk shit because that's the only language I know.

Again, why will this round of stimulus spending on the infrastructure result in anything better than the last round?
You cannot answer the question. You can only talk shit. Because that's what in your brain.

And then this comment:

Again, why will this round of stimulus spending on the infrastructure result in anything better than the last round?
You cannot answer the question. You can only talk shit. Because that's what in your brain.

Here you go again. Asking a question that I've already answered - as if you didn't get an answer.

You're the one that always talks shit. You start at shit. Your default is trash talk even with your history of evasive answers and crappy proof.

Here's your answer again...just because something has happened before doesnt mean it will happen again.

In your world, apparently there's no way to ever fix a problem. Someone fucks up...and you dont replace them with someone who does it right...you just give up on the whole problem forever.

What a fuckface.

He's not "weak" at all.

He's got about the same numbers Roosevelt, Truman, Reagan and Clinton had around their first term..relatively speaking.

The alternative is dismal, as well. The best they have right now, Romney, comes with a plethora of flip flops and skeletons from his private industry days.

Everyone else is laughable. I've never seen a field of candidates like this. At least McCain was a war hero and had some pretty good legislative accomplishments.

Relative? You are being as silly as the Hard Right. Obama is down from the 46% that Truman, Eisenhower, and Clinton all had before their comeback elections. You are silly if you think Romney and Perry right now don't have a reasonable, relative change of beating Obama.

Man, there be a buncha dreamin and schemin from the Hard Left and the Hard Right here.

And then this comment:

Here you go again. Asking a question that I've already answered - as if you didn't get an answer.

You're the one that always talks shit. You start at shit. Your default is trash talk even with your history of evasive answers and crappy proof.

Here's your answer again...just because something has happened before doesnt mean it will happen again.

In your world, apparently there's no way to ever fix a problem. Someone fucks up...and you dont replace them with someone who does it right...you just give up on the whole problem forever.

What a fuckface.

Oh, so we should keep doing the same thing hoping for a different result? ANd you call me fuckface? What a fucking retarded moron asshole you are.

See. There you go. You've proven you can't read.

I didn't say do the same thing expecting a different result. I said CHANGE the people in charge to pay for something we can't avoid paying...and get it done right.

You're a complete imbecile who can't even read because you're so blinded by hate.

See. There you go. You've proven you can't read.

I didn't say do the same thing expecting a different result. I said CHANGE the people in charge to pay for something we can't avoid paying...and get it done right.

You're a complete imbecile who can't even read because you're so blinded by hate.

So you didnt write this:

And even this answer is, Make sure it works now.
It doesn't. It won't. It can't. That is the system because we don't have enough accountability. But you are soooo fucking stupid you can't even figure out what you're saying, much less what I write.
Total and complete dumbshit, "counselor" <snort>

Fuckface...

those two quotes MATCH UP. They're consistent.

God, you're a buttclown. You can't even admit that if money isn't spent on the roads they'll fall apart! Even a fucking 3 year old knows that.

I'm really tired of you at this point. Beyond tired. You don't want to have an honest discussion. All you want to do is rant and attempt superiority. It's tiring to keep responding to you because you wont admit even the most basic things that reasonable people would. You're unreasonable.

Chalk this up as a win, as no doubt you will. It's nothing of the sort, but why let reality fuck with you?

The Rabbi is, like many of the Hard Right and Hard Left, emotionally damaged, and TR's case, he is mentally poor goods as well. Write him off.

Fuckface...

those two quotes MATCH UP. They're consistent.

God, you're a buttclown. You can't even admit that if money isn't spent on the roads they'll fall apart! Even a fucking 3 year old knows that.

I'm really tired of you at this point. Beyond tired. You don't want to have an honest discussion. All you want to do is rant and attempt superiority. It's tiring to keep responding to you because you wont admit even the most basic things that reasonable people would. You're unreasonable.

Chalk this up as a win, as no doubt you will. It's nothing of the sort, but why let reality fuck with you?

So it's consistent to say both change the personnel and next time it'll be different? Really?
You think money isn't spent every day on roads?
No wonder you're reduced to cursing. You have nothing intelligent to say.

No, dumbass it's you who have nothing intelligent to say.

At least you finally came around. Sheesh. Took you long enough.

You finally admitted that money's being spent...which I hope implies that you realize it NEEDS to be spent...and some of it is being spent correctly. All of which you fought tooth-and-nail until now.

FFS you're ridiculous. Next time, admit things earlier...I won't be here to hold your hand this much next time.

No, dumbass it's you who have nothing intelligent to say.

At least you finally came around. Sheesh. Took you long enough.

You finally admitted that money's being spent...which I hope implies that you realize it NEEDS to be spent...and some of it is being spent correctly. All of which you fought tooth-and-nail until now.

FFS you're ridiculous. Next time, admit things earlier...I won't be here to hold your hand this much next time.

You are such a liar it is hardly worth it, "counselor" <snort>
Where did I say money was not spent? Please post it. Please explain, again, why you think it'll be different this time.

Forum List

Back