why not make the minimum wage $30 an hour?

How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

That would be around $15 an hour today

Let's not and say we did. Do you like going to McDonalds?

If you're stupid enough to go to MacDonald's you're stupid enough to pay an extra 50 cents per trip.

The only thing is is that poor people that you like so much rely on companies like McDonald's to feed them. Yeah I know it sucks to be poor. Now do you still not give a shit if they have to pay 50 cents extra?

When beef prices skyrocketed, McDonalds had no problem raising their prices. Somehow, they remained in business
Yet, threaten to raise the price of labor and conservatives predict economic collapse

Last edited:
How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

If you're stupid enough to go to MacDonald's you're stupid enough to pay an extra 50 cents per trip.

The only thing is is that poor people that you like so much rely on companies like McDonald's to feed them. Yeah I know it sucks to be poor. Now do you still not give a shit if they have to pay 50 cents extra?

When beef prices skyrocketed, McDonalds had no problem raising their prices. Somehow, they remained in business
Yet, threaten to raise the price of labor and conservatives predict economic collapse

Huh?

minimum wages should be based on the cost of living.

Well that is not hard to agree with ... As long as the cost of living doesn't include things not required to live.
But when you include things like cell phones, air conditioners, private vehicles, designer clothes and electronics to the cost of living ... Then you distort the cost of living.

I know when I wanted to save money for future endeavors I chose to forego some luxuries in order to put away a portion of my earnings.
I think too many people confuse the "cost of living" with the "desired sustainable lifestyle".

Last edited:
Well?

SNIP:
Spilling the truth on the fight for a $15 minimum wage
By Post Editorial Board

May 25, 2015 | 5:22pm

Modal Trigger

fast_food_protests-copy.jpg

Protesters call for a $15-hour minimum wage in Times Square in April 2015.Photo: AP
Did The New York Times just inadvertently tell us what the real goal of the raise-the-minimum-wage campaign is?

A Times editorial last weekcheered Los Angeles’ enactment of a $15-an-hour minimum wage— but noted that restaurants, particularly fast-food joints, don’t like it. Said The Times: “The restaurant industry . . . will not go down without a fight.”

We didn’t think that bringing down an entire industry was what the campaign for a $15 minimum wassupposedto be about. Oops.

Back in March,we noted that a similar hikein Seattle’s minimum wage was leading to a spate of local restaurant closings, given that labor costs account for 36 percent of the average restaurant’s earnings.

Case in point: Z Pizza, which has to shut down — putting all 11 employees out of work — because its owner can’t afford the higher labor costs. Ritu Shah Burnham says she tried layoffs, cutting hours, price hikes and not paying herself — to no avail.

And while small businesses have six years to phase in the wage hikes, she has only two, since she’s a franchise of a large chain.

The Times dismissed such concerns, saying minimum-wage hikes can be offset by higher prices and by “paying executives and shareholders less.” (anyone think they do that at their Slimy rag of a newspaper?)

ALL of it here:
Spilling the truth on the fight for a 15 minimum wage New York Post

Last edited:

Huh?

dshort Advisor Perspectives

Since 1986, the price of a Big Mac has increased 185% from $1.60 to $4.56 today. During this same time period, the CPI has increased at a much lower rate of 110%.

You will find that very little of that price increase "trickled down" to the workers

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

Protesters call for a $15-hour minimum wage in Times Square in April 2015.Photo: AP
Did The New York Times just inadvertently tell us what the real goal of the raise-the-minimum-wage campaign is?

A Times editorial last weekcheered Los Angeles’ enactment of a $15-an-hour minimum wage— but noted that restaurants, particularly fast-food joints, don’t like it. Said The Times: “The restaurant industry . . . will not go down without a fight.”

We didn’t think that bringing down an entire industry was what the campaign for a $15 minimum wassupposedto be about. Oops.

Back in March,we noted that a similar hikein Seattle’s minimum wage was leading to a spate of local restaurant closings, given that labor costs account for 36 percent of the average restaurant’s earnings.

Case in point: Z Pizza, which has to shut down — putting all 11 employees out of work — because its owner can’t afford the higher labor costs. Ritu Shah Burnham says she tried layoffs, cutting hours, price hikes and not paying herself — to no avail.

And while small businesses have six years to phase in the wage hikes, she has only two, since she’s a franchise of a large chain.

The Times dismissed such concerns, saying minimum-wage hikes can be offset by higher prices and by “paying executives and shareholders less.” (anyone think they do that at their Slimy rag of a newspaper?)

ALL of it here:

Huh?

Since 1986, the price of a Big Mac has increased 185% from $1.60 to $4.56 today. During this same time period, the CPI has increased at a much lower rate of 110%.

You will find that very little of that price increase "trickled down" to the workers
You do know cooperate Mickey D`s only own 1O percent of it's stores the rest are own by folks you and me, hardly rich

Huh?

:bsflag:

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

ALL of it here:

Huh?

You do know cooperate Mickey D`s only own 1O percent of it's stores the rest are own by folks you and me, hardly rich

What It Costs To Open A McDonald s - Business Insider

The average McDonald's restaurant generates $2.5 million in sales annually

Startup costs, which include construction and equipment expenses, average between $955,708 and $2.3 million, according to McDonald's. The total is determined by the geography and size of the restaurant, as well as by the selection of kitchen equipment, signage, style of decor, and landscaping, the company says.
Franchisees must pay 40% of the startup costs with cash and other non-borrowed resources, while the rest can be financed.
In addition to those costs, McDonald's charges a $45,000 franchisee fee and an ongoing monthly service fee equal to 4% of gross sales. Franchisees must also pay rent to the company, which is a percentage of monthly sales.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-mcdonalds-2014-11#ixzz3bFgk5eSS

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-mcdonalds-2014-11#ixzz3bFgY2IlF

Huh?

Dare I ask?

You don't have a link to refute my post do you Rabbi?

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

ALL of it here:

Huh?

They receive 2% of each franchises net sales...McDonald's is the worlds largest toy distributor and real estate holding company...

Huh?

Dare I ask?

Yup. Check my sig line, nutjobber.

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

ALL of it here:

Huh?

Startup costs, which include construction and equipment expenses, average between $955,708 and $2.3 million, according to McDonald's. The total is determined by the geography and size of the restaurant, as well as by the selection of kitchen equipment, signage, style of decor, and landscaping, the company says.
Franchisees must pay 40% of the startup costs with cash and other non-borrowed resources, while the rest can be financed.
In addition to those costs, McDonald's charges a $45,000 franchisee fee and an ongoing monthly service fee equal to 4% of gross sales. Franchisees must also pay rent to the company, which is a percentage of monthly sales.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-mcdonalds-2014-11#ixzz3bFgk5eSS

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-mcdonalds-2014-11#ixzz3bFgY2IlF
yea I know again hardly rich, it don't take much if you have great credit and a few mortgages on your house.

How many mansions you see in small towns that have a Mickey D`s across America?

Where is these secrete homes with a Lamborghini in the drive way?

minimum wages should be based on the cost of living.
Why? WHo gets a min wage job and expects to live on it?

Someone who is one half of a couple who need two incomes to get by, for starters.

Some young person who is trying to save for college, for another.

Conservatives chant.... You are not expected to support yourself on minimum wage

But you can't even do the basic things in life to get started on a minimum wage anymore. Pay for college, buy a car, pay for a small apartment

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

ALL of it here:

Huh?

yea I know again hardly rich, it don't take much if you have great credit and a few mortgages on your house.

You don't see their workers with those thing either. In fact, you will probably find them on welfare

Well?

SNIP:
By Post Editorial Board

Modal Trigger

ALL of it here:

You don't see their workers with those thing either. In fact, you will probably find them on welfare

Most people that work in McDonalds are teens working for spending money.

Huh?

Dare I ask?

Yup. Check my sig line, nutjobber.

Check mine

Most people that work in McDonalds are teens working for spending money.

And the more money they have to spend, the more shit they can buy.

And the more they buy, the more the shit vendors make.

Forum List

Back