why not make the minimum wage $30 an hour?

WHO says that the taxpayer "HAS" to make up the difference, hmm? All the poor have to do, really, is stop having kids that they can't afford to raise properly. Presto, in 3 generations, no more poor people (assuming, of course, that we seal off our Southern border and run off the illegals.

You must live in fantasy land.

Forget increasing the minimum wage.

Just statutorily mandate that, henceforth, everybody makes the SAME yearly income.

Then there would finally be no need for a so-called "progressive" income tax.

A flat rate would work perfectly.

We could all afford exactly the same goods and services and doctors would make the same as hamburger flippers! There would be zero of that evil nasty pernicious "income inequality."

Nirvana and Utopia would mate, make beautiful babies and lions would lie down at peace with the lambs.

WHO says that the taxpayer "HAS" to make up the difference, hmm? All the poor have to do, really, is stop having kids that they can't afford to raise properly. Presto, in 3 generations, no more poor people (assuming, of course, that we seal off our Southern border and run off the illegals.

In 3 generations...no more poor people

Creepy

or $300 a hour? Since you are CLAIMING that the wages paid to employees have no effect on a company's ability to show a profit, why not just legislate poverty out of existence, hmm? "Domestic' companies dont have to compete in a global market (or so you CLAIM) so why not just do this? Then, when your food costs go up by a factor of 10, you can blame it on the "greedy" farmers, right?

It has to stay below how much skilled and educated workers are making.

How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

That would be around $15 an hour today
you do realize that now, everyone above minimum wage will ask for a raise .....

Hell yea.....let low wage workers have the buying power they had in the 70s

They could actually do things like support their families without the taxpayer
Wanna bet?

or $300 a hour? Since you are CLAIMING that the wages paid to employees have no effect on a company's ability to show a profit, why not just legislate poverty out of existence, hmm? "Domestic' companies dont have to compete in a global market (or so you CLAIM) so why not just do this? Then, when your food costs go up by a factor of 10, you can blame it on the "greedy" farmers, right?

How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

Hell yea.....let low wage workers have the buying power they had in the 70s

They could actually do things like support their families without the taxpayer
Wanna bet?
Yup

Same reason we don't want to end minimum wage.

Let's not and say we did. Do you like going to McDonalds?

I like having low wage workers be able to afford basic necessities like I could at just $2 an hour

I paid a years tuition at college working just summers.....why can't low wage workers today?

Because college is big business and tuitions are high because the government gives out loans.

Everyone is a great exaggeration. If min wage was increased I sure wouldn't be asking for a raise.

You might very well, seeing as how just about everything you purchase on a regular basis will now cost more than it did previously.

Why not bring back slavery?

Party Democrats...

SuperStock_4187-3627.jpg

I like having low wage workers be able to afford basic necessities like I could at just $2 an hour

I paid a years tuition at college working just summers.....why can't low wage workers today?

(relatively) Simple question, when comparing wages then vs now, why is the problem always wages and not the rise of inflation?
'Maybe because when wages at this level do not keep pace with inflation.....the taxpayer has to make up the difference

Again, that is the effect of the problem, not the cause of the problem. Seems obvious to me that the cause of the problem is still inflation.

(relatively) Simple question, when comparing wages then vs now, why is the problem always wages and not the rise of inflation?
'Maybe because when wages at this level do not keep pace with inflation.....the taxpayer has to make up the difference

Again, that is the effect of the problem, not the cause of the problem. Seems obvious to me that the cause of the problem is still inflation.

Inflation in the US is very low and has been for some time now.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Everyone is a great exaggeration. If min wage was increased I sure wouldn't be asking for a raise.

You might very well, seeing as how just about everything you purchase on a regular basis will now cost more than it did previously.

Or really? Everything? It's funny how min wage has increased so many times throughout history and that hasn't happened.

Why? I say pay everyone 10,000 an hour regardless of their skill levels. Why should someone who went to school for years instead of sitting around swilling beer make any more than the beer swiller. I mean c'mon dude, fair is fair!

Or really? Everything? It's funny how min wage has increased so many times throughout history and that hasn't happened.

That same excuse has been used for so long and yet it has never happened.

Inflation in the US is very low and has been for some time now.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Since the 1970s inflation has been 'low,' are you joking??

why not make the minimum wage $30 an hour?

No sense in talking sense.
Is this why you never do?
Please, point out the problem with raising min wage to 30/hr. Go ahead.

It's way too much and the OP isn't serious in the first place. FYI, you were against raising it to $10.10. It was going to raise inflation and cause an increase in the unemployed! :eek-52: You were being an echo chamber for the right wing talking heads. Don't deny it.

Inflation has been very low the last ten years and wages still have not caught up

Forum List

Back