why not make the minimum wage $30 an hour?

How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

That would be around $15 an hour today
you do realize that now, everyone above minimum wage will ask for a raise .....

Everyone is a great exaggeration. If min wage was increased I sure wouldn't be asking for a raise.

You might very well, seeing as how just about everything you purchase on a regular basis will now cost more than it did previously.

Or really? Everything? It's funny how min wage has increased so many times throughout history and that hasn't happened.
Seriously fool it didn't happen? And guess what every time we raise it they still make minimum wage and are still poor.

How about we just bring it to levels equivalent to what I used to make when I made $2 an hour in the 70s

Everyone is a great exaggeration. If min wage was increased I sure wouldn't be asking for a raise.

You might very well, seeing as how just about everything you purchase on a regular basis will now cost more than it did previously.

Or really? Everything? It's funny how min wage has increased so many times throughout history and that hasn't happened.
Seriously fool it didn't happen? And guess what every time we raise it they still make minimum wage and are still poor.

No person who gets a $200 a month raise is as poor as they were before they got it.

or $300 a hour? Since you are CLAIMING that the wages paid to employees have no effect on a company's ability to show a profit, why not just legislate poverty out of existence, hmm? "Domestic' companies dont have to compete in a global market (or so you CLAIM) so why not just do this? Then, when your food costs go up by a factor of 10, you can blame it on the "greedy" farmers, right?

Who EVER claimed that raising the minimum wage to $300/hr would have no effect on business profits?

sheep wouldn't have a clue why not raise to $30 an hour

their Masters in the Democrat party and unions came up with $15 and hour and by golly that's what they are going stick with...how damn sad

A 4.5% increase in Minnesota, which also has the lowest insurance rates in the country and 93.4% of all Minnesotans have healthcare insurance. But then Minnesota is always at the top of the list for being healthy and has the best healthcare system in the country. I think Tennessee ranks something like 45th in the listing of the healthiest states. I can't help you live in a backwards state, Gubber. That's a good reason why your healthcare insurance is through the roof.
Secondly, are you saying Kaiser is wrong, they don't know what they are talking about? And you call me a dunce, well then, what the fuck are you? :happy-1:

No person who gets a $200 a month raise is as poor as they were before they got it.
why you talking plural? I said they

Btw why do middle class folks who support a rise in MW want to pay more for goods and services?

It is just a number monopoly money yet lowers the buying power of the middle class

I like having low wage workers be able to afford basic necessities like I could at just $2 an hour
I paid a years tuition at college working just summers.....why can't low wage workers today?

At today's cost for college (instate tuition at a standard university) ... You would have to work more than 4 months at $15 an hour to pay for one semester of college.
That is of course considering you didn't pay any of the applicable taxes on your income ... At which point you could tack on a few more months.

To make enough money over the three months of Summer, to pay for a year's tuition at college, working 40 hours a week ... You would have to be making $32.50 a hour if you could avoid all taxes.

No sense in talking sense.
Is this why you never do?
Please, point out the problem with raising min wage to 30/hr. Go ahead.

It's way too much and the OP isn't serious in the first place. FYI, you were against raising it to $10.10. It was going to raise inflation and cause an increase in the unemployed! :eek-52: You were being an echo chamber for the right wing talking heads. Don't deny it.
Why is 30 "way too much" but 15 is OK? Or is 15 way too much too?

No sense in talking sense.
Is this why you never do?
Please, point out the problem with raising min wage to 30/hr. Go ahead.

It's way too much and the OP isn't serious in the first place. FYI, you were against raising it to $10.10. It was going to raise inflation and cause an increase in the unemployed! :eek-52: You were being an echo chamber for the right wing talking heads. Don't deny it.
Why is 30 "way too much" but 15 is OK? Or is 15 way too much too?

I say raise it to 10 and tie future raises to inflation.

A 4.5% increase in Minnesota, which also has the lowest insurance rates in the country and 93.4% of all Minnesotans have healthcare insurance. But then Minnesota is always at the top of the list for being healthy and has the best healthcare system in the country. I think Tennessee ranks something like 45th in the listing of the healthiest states. I can't help you live in a backwards state, Gubber. That's a good reason why your healthcare insurance is through the roof.
Secondly, are you saying Kaiser is wrong, they don't know what they are talking about? And you call me a dunce, well then, what the fuck are you? :happy-1:

Btw why do middle class folks who support a rise in MW want to pay more for goods and services?

It is just a number monopoly money yet lowers the buying power of the middle class

Do you turn down raises?

or $300 a hour? Since you are CLAIMING that the wages paid to employees have no effect on a company's ability to show a profit, why not just legislate poverty out of existence, hmm? "Domestic' companies dont have to compete in a global market (or so you CLAIM) so why not just do this? Then, when your food costs go up by a factor of 10, you can blame it on the "greedy" farmers, right?

Who EVER claimed that raising the minimum wage to $300/hr would have no effect on business profits?

It is what passes for logic with Conservatives

If you want to raise the minimum wage $3 why not $300?
I guess I showed you

$30? Why not $300? Why shouldn't people who vote Democrat and can't read or write make the same as doctors or lawyers? All that money will boost the economy too...uhhuh

Lower the cost of living, that whey you only hurt the rich fellows....

Do you turn down raises?
yea I did in the past,when a old company didn't want me to quit

Also turned down extra vacation time. Just different, dear

P.s. don't mean to be hard on you I am just different

Let's not and say we did. Do you like going to McDonalds?

If you're stupid enough to go to MacDonald's you're stupid enough to pay an extra 50 cents per trip.

The only thing is is that poor people that you like so much rely on companies like McDonald's to feed them. Yeah I know it sucks to be poor. Now do you still not give a shit if they have to pay 50 cents extra?

This thread is an example of why it's so difficult to take partisan ideologues seriously.

The question posed by the OP is fair, and it also has a perfectly reasonable and fairly obvious response (hint: "equilibrium").

Yet the lefties would rather deflect and insult rather than just answer the damn question.

Is any of this stuff supposed to be taken seriously, or is this all just fer shits 'n giggles?

Forum List

Back