Why no law was broken in the Sestak job offer...

So the slickster lawyers watched their words and offered a nonpaying job to a guy so as to remove him from the race.

Do you really believe that nonpaying job would not have been morphed into something else as a payoff?

Are you that fucking naive?

And we should care... because?

Reagan did it, as well as pretty much every other politician since biblical times.

I'm sure King Solomon was offering some guy a goat to let some other guy be mayor of Jericho.

The only question was whether it was technically a crime, which it wasn't.

So the slickster lawyers watched their words and offered a nonpaying job to a guy so as to remove him from the race.

Do you really believe that nonpaying job would not have been morphed into something else as a payoff?

Please show me the law that was broken.

Where did I say any law was broken?

Just because no law was technically broken does not mean the whole bribe to leave the race thing doesn't stink.

The politicians that you sheep revere are nothing but fucking scum bags who care more about their own power and position that they do about you or the country for that matter but you're just too fucking stupid to see that.

And we should care... because?

Reagan did it, as well as pretty much every other politician since biblical times.

I'm sure King Solomon was offering some guy a goat to let some other guy be mayor of Jericho.

The only question was whether it was technically a crime, which it wasn't.

Is that all you got?

This is how you justify a bribe?

What happened to changing Washington?

You're just another fucking sheep and quite frankly you deserve to be torn limb from limb by the wolves.

Last edited:
Politics does stink, there is no question on that, imo.

Of that there is little doubt....but as the political mantra goes in Washington....keep kicking him...even when he's on the ground bleeding.

It was a shame what the media and liberals did to Bush...now those chickens have come home to roost....and they can't take what they dish out.....

You should learn to comprehend what you are reading. Now, granted, the crooks put in place at Justice by Lord Obama will do nothing with this, it hardly means "no foul, no crime".

Right wingers should learn to read the actual laws you are referring to before making crazy accusations. Yes I'm talking to you Rep. Darrell Issa:

Hatch Act

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section, contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

Looks like the right-wingers have been led on yet another wild goose chase.

Last LWC once again displays the political IQ of a small soap dish. :tomato:This is not about legalities...........this is purely political. You seem to think that its a slam dunk for the president legally..........but thats not at all the issue. Its the process that goes with it and the potential impact on a small sliver of voters..........namely, independents and moderate Dems.

This president RAN ON a fundemental change in Washington..........and before this story ever even broke, that "transparency" thing was being seen as a complete fraud by everybody except the k00k 21%ers. And now this???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reality is 95% perception s0n!!! Thats the way it is in politics!!!:lol::lol:

Sh!t.............I understand that even Rachel Maddow on MSNBC thinks this stinks for the president.

The k00ks on here will try to distract with bogus threads of "legalities", essentially akin to sitting around and contemplating ones navel................ but nobody cares:lol:. The stink of this is going to simmer over Washington like a gigantic open cesspool for quite some time..................

And Im laughing................thinking about how all that rhetoric from the inauguration just 15 months ago is a distant, distant memory for a majority of American voters!!!!

Just fcuking sweet......................:clap2::clap2:

awesomeness-seal-1.gif

Last edited:
Oops. It's the "they all do it" defense. I knew that was going to rear its ugly head sooner or later.

It's a lot better than your rightwing "The dems are wrong for doing this" while saying nothing when the republicans do it. "They all do it" has the benefit of being true going for it. Your argument is nothing but a partisan lie

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/03/lessons_from_the_medicare_pres.html

Here are some things that happened on the night the GOP pushed the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit through the House of Representatives:

A 15-minute vote was scheduled, and at the end of 15 minutes, the Democrats had won. The Republican leadership froze the clock for three hours while they desperately whipped defectors. This had never been done before. The closest was a 15-minute extension in 1987 that then-congressman Dick Cheney called “the most arrogant, heavy-handed abuse of power I’ve ever seen in the 10 years that I’ve been here.”

Tom DeLay bribed Rep. Nick Smith to vote for the legislation, using the political future of Smith's son for leverage. DeLay was later reprimanded by the House Ethics Committee.

The leadership told Rep. Jim DeMint that they would cut off funding for his Senate race in South Carolina if he didn't vote for the bill.

The chief actuary of Medicare, Rick Foster, had scored the legislation as costing more than $500 billion. The Bush administration suppressed his report, in a move the Government Accounting Office later judged "illegal.”

Ahh yes!! I remember how upset the republicans were when the republicans bribed other republicans. This latest complaint of theirs has nothing to do with the fact that Obama is a dem

This is not about legalities...........this is purely political

LOL!!! Even the conservatives admit they're lying when they accuse the president of bribery

Last edited:

Just because no law was technically broken does not mean the whole bribe to leave the race thing doesn't stink.

The politicians that you sheep revere are nothing but fucking scum bags who care more about their own power and position that they do about you or the country for that matter but you're just too fucking stupid to see that.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The Skulless one seems unable to keep track of his multiple personalities. In post #84 (quoted above) he asks "Where did I say any law was broken?" Then in post #85, he turns around and asks "This is how you justify a bribe?"

First (pre-post 84) it is a bribe, which is a crime. Then it's not a bribe (post #84), which is a crime. Then in post #85, it is a bribe (again)

The claims of conservatives are so absurd that even they won't stand by their own words.

The Skulless one seems unable to keep track of his multiple personalities. In post #84 (quoted above) he asks "Where did I say any law was broken?" Then in post #85, he turns around and asks "This is how you justify a bribe?"

First (pre-post 84) it is a bribe, which is a crime. Then it's not a bribe (post #84), which is a crime. Then in post #85, it is a bribe (again)

The claims of conservatives are so absurd that even they won't stand by their own words.

So it wasn't a bribe?

Or was it just not "technically" a bribe.

The naivete of you morons is astounding.

Thread analysis thus far:

Factual content (OP) v. "They're a bunch of liars!"

Factual Content 37
"Liars" 0

What are the stats on Fucking moronic idiots who implicitly trust the government and believe every last thing a politician tells them vs People who are realists and realize that politicians and lawyers who do not "technically break the law" are not to be trusted.

So it wasn't a bribe?

It is not a bribe.

The illiteracy of conservatives is astounding. They don't know if the word "bribe" applies to criminal activity or if it applies to just anything they don't like. You think adding the word "technically" will somehow make bribery a non-crime.

So it wasn't a bribe?

It is not a bribe.

The illiteracy of conservatives is astounding. They don't know if the word "bribe" applies to criminal activity or if it applies to just anything they don't like. You think adding the word "technically" will somehow make bribery a non-crime.

Don't label me asshole.

People are bribed all the time with promotions, with gifts, with influence etc.

Again your ignorance to how the world of politics works is truly gargantuan.

And use the definition of bribe

bribe
   /braɪb/ Show Spelled [brahyb] Show IPA noun, verb, bribed, brib·ing.
–noun
money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, esp. in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc.: The motorist offered the arresting officer a bribe to let him go.
anything given or serving to persuade or induce: The children were given candy as a bribe to be good.
–verb (used with object)
to give or promise a bribe to: They bribed the reporter to forget about what he had seen.
to influence or corrupt by a bribe: The judge was too honest to be bribed.
–verb (used without object)
to give a bribe; practice bribery.

Not all definitions imply illegality.

Last edited:
Last LWC once again displays the political IQ of a small soap dish.

Says the man whose most common method of debate is to post photos with mis-spelled words pasted into little bubbles.

Got to tell you Skooks, you're not really the best judge of anyone's "Political IQ", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

:tomato:This is not about legalities...........this is purely political. You seem to think that its a slam dunk for the president legally..........but thats not at all the issue. Its the process that goes with it and the potential impact on a small sliver of voters..........namely, independents and moderate Dems.

So, they all hate Reagan too then? Because he did it too. Why do you hate Reagan so much?

This president RAN ON a fundemental change in Washington..........and before this story ever even broke, that "transparency" thing was being seen as a complete fraud by everybody except the k00k 21%ers. And now this???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just like Reagan did! He also ran on a platform of "fundamental change" in Washington.

In fact, I believe half the presidents in our nation's history have run on a platform of "fundamental change".

Reality is 95% perception s0n!!! Thats the way it is in politics!!!:lol::lol:

No skooks, that's the way it is in the Bizarro world of FoxNews and MSNBC.

In reality... reality is reality.

Sh!t.............I understand that even Rachel Maddow on MSNBC thinks this stinks for the president.

That's because Rachel Maddow hadn't researched the law, but like all talking heads, was making an uneducated commentary. That's why I hate talking heads.

On the other hand, you love them, because they conveniently reassure you by telling you what to think.

The k00ks on here will try to distract with bogus threads of "legalities", essentially akin to sitting around and contemplating ones navel................ but nobody cares:lol:. The stink of this is going to simmer over Washington like a gigantic open cesspool for quite some time..................
And Im laughing................thinking about how all that rhetoric from the inauguration just 15 months ago is a distant, distant memory for a majority of American voters!!!!
Just fcuking sweet......................:clap2::clap2:

The only "k00k" here is you skooks. You've been listening to the Orwellian drone of the right-wing media for so long that you've lost your grip on reality, that is if you ever had a grip on reality.

Of that there is little doubt....but as the political mantra goes in Washington....keep kicking him...even when he's on the ground bleeding.

It was a shame what the media and liberals did to Bush...now those chickens have come home to roost....and they can't take what they dish out.....

Again, you started it with Clinton, and the attacks on Clinton were continuous.

Now you whine and moan and claim the other guy started it.

Classic.

What are the stats on Fucking moronic idiots who implicitly trust the government and believe every last thing a politician tells them vs People who are realists and realize that politicians and lawyers who do not "technically break the law" are not to be trusted.

I don't know...

What are the stats concerning people who are "perpetually lost in a state of paranoia (to the point of clinical insanity) about Government" versus the people that just go by the facts as presented?

Again, you started it with Clinton, and the attacks on Clinton were continuous.

Now you whine and moan and claim the other guy started it.

Classic.

Awwwwwwwww...whatsa matter your lord and savior Obama taking a beating in the Press? Too fucking bad...suck it up!!!!:lol:

Forum List

Back