Why No F-16's Sent To Benghazi?

seems to me that Slice doesn't want to have a conversation or answer honest questions . I figure that he MAY be one of 'mrobamas' people .

There are a lot of lies, misinformation, myths and conspiracy theories regarding why no F-16's from Aviano Air Base - situated in Aviano, Italy, approximately 50 miles north of Venice - were sent to Benghazi.

I know why.

Ask me and I'll tell you.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg
The administration did not give two shits about the people stationed in Benghazi... fact

This is an opinion I can agree with.

What exactly do you think that an F-16 could have done to help the situation? F-16s are fairly shitty at ground support.
An F-16 would not have been a good tool for the situation in Benghazi.

General Ham testified he had not ordered any fighter aircraft at Aviano to be placed on alert in the days leading up to September 11 based on his assessment of the threat intelligence and the probability the type of attacks that would most likely occur would be small scale attacks. Because of this, he believed if any attack were to occur, fighter aircraft would not be the right tool to respond. Some other military officials agreed with General Ham's assessment that fighter aircraft would likely not be the right tool to respond to potential events in North Africa.

H. Rept. 114-848 - FINAL REPORT OF THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON THE EVENTS SURROUNDING THE 2012 TERRORIST ATTACK IN BENGHAZI

This is correct, the F-16 would have been useless in such a situation.

It is also about 1000 miles between the two locations flying, which means the F-16s would have had to refuel in air at least once, if not twice depending on how long they stayed in the area.
------------------------------- so what , price of gas to high . They shoulda been sent but as i speculate , nothing was done because 'mrobama' and his people were in charge .

Every day there is a new contest among the Trump sheep to see how can be the stupidest for the day, and right now you seem to have the lead.

Refueling in air takes time, extending their time to get there, it is also not the safest of operations. Couple this with the fact the F-16 is a shitty ground support aircraft as its minimum airspeed is too high to be effective at it.

But you think they should have taken the risk and flown around in circles at a few thousand feet just for the hell of it.
----------------------------------------- NO American left behind except when mrobama and his people are in charge is what it looks like to me GGator .

What exactly do you think that an F-16 could have done to help the situation? F-16s are fairly shitty at ground support.

General Ham testified he had not ordered any fighter aircraft at Aviano to be placed on alert in the days leading up to September 11 based on his assessment of the threat intelligence and the probability the type of attacks that would most likely occur would be small scale attacks. Because of this, he believed if any attack were to occur, fighter aircraft would not be the right tool to respond. Some other military officials agreed with General Ham's assessment that fighter aircraft would likely not be the right tool to respond to potential events in North Africa.

H. Rept. 114-848 - FINAL REPORT OF THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON THE EVENTS SURROUNDING THE 2012 TERRORIST ATTACK IN BENGHAZI

It is also about 1000 miles between the two locations flying, which means the F-16s would have had to refuel in air at least once, if not twice depending on how long they stayed in the area.
------------------------------- so what , price of gas to high . They shoulda been sent but as i speculate , nothing was done because 'mrobama' and his people were in charge .

Every day there is a new contest among the Trump sheep to see how can be the stupidest for the day, and right now you seem to have the lead.

Refueling in air takes time, extending their time to get there, it is also not the safest of operations. Couple this with the fact the F-16 is a shitty ground support aircraft as its minimum airspeed is too high to be effective at it.

But you think they should have taken the risk and flown around in circles at a few thousand feet just for the hell of it.
----------------------------------------- NO American left behind ecept when mrobama and his people are in charge is what it looks like to me GGator .

Or Reagan, or Clinton, or Bush or Bush or Trump...welcome to the real world.

----------------------------------------- NO American left behind ecept when mrobama and his people are in charge is what it looks like to me GGator .

----------------------------------------- ok with me , none mentioned are SPECIAL to me . All are government people. The only one and not mentioned but the only one that looks good to me is The TRUMP GGator

----------------------------------------- ok with me , none mentioned are SPECIAL to me . All are government people. The only one and not mentioned but the only one that looks good to me is The TRUMP GGator

Uhhh...read again I did mention Trump

ok , good enough , i see his name and its the only name worth a darn and he is still a work in progress for 6 plus years . But the others are Proven SCUM GGator .

There are a lot of lies, misinformation, myths and conspiracy theories regarding why no F-16's from Aviano Air Base - situated in Aviano, Italy, approximately 50 miles north of Venice - were sent to Benghazi.

I know why.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg

Oh wise one, master of otherwise unknown and mysterious information, please tell me. What secrets have you divined from the depths between thy ears as you sign in your armchair nestled deep in the backwoods?
The American commander in Benghazi never requested an F-16 or any other sort of air support.

I know why.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg

Oh wise one, master of otherwise unknown and mysterious information, please tell me. What secrets have you divined from the depths between thy ears as you sign in your armchair nestled deep in the backwoods?
The fighter wing at Aviano was in a training posture. In fact, on that day, the 31st Fighter Wing was in the middle of a two-week inspection to
ensure the Fighter Wing met Air Force requirements. The aircraft were in a "true training configuration'' which meant nothing was pre-loaded on the aircraft. This also meant any live ordnances available at Aviano were not assembled, thus, prior to loading onto an F-16, the bomb had to be put together piece by piece.

I know why.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg

In addition to the fact that none of the F-16s were on any alert status but rather in a true training configuration on the anniversary of September 11, the distance between Aviano and Libya is approximately 1,000 miles or the equivalent of two-hour's flight time. Because of that distance, an F-16 would have needed two air refuelings by the tankers that were stationed nearly 700 miles away in Mildenhall, England, at the time.

I know why.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg

These impediments to any fighter aircraft response from Aviano to North Africa were well known prior to September 11. Yet the alert posture of the aircraft at Aviano did not change in advance of that date, nor did the alert posture change after the protests in Cairo, Egypt.

The Obama Admin, and Hillary were running guns to terrorists in Libya. The Ambassador, and staff knew about it. They quickly became EXPENDABLE, purposely. That's why no aircraft, including C-130 gunships were sent. They could have avoided the American deaths but were TOLD to stand down.

It was just about a video anyway.
Rubbish
Nope, the truth. I'm surprised Obama didn't claim to find out about Bengazi on the eleven o'clock news like other majors events.
An hour into the attack, Obama was ordering General Dempsey to launch a crisis response to the situation in Benghazi, known as "Operation Jukebox Lotus."
Lol, did a great job, right? Obama could've got them out before the attack, i mean goodwill a private company. Knew enough to get their people out. I guess the elen o'clock news didn't give Obama a heads up.
Ambassador Steven refused to cut and run. He insisted on keeping the temporary mission in Benghazi.

The Obama Admin, and Hillary were running guns to terrorists in Libya. The Ambassador, and staff knew about it. They quickly became EXPENDABLE, purposely. That's why no aircraft, including C-130 gunships were sent. They could have avoided the American deaths but were TOLD to stand down.

Rubbish
Nope, the truth. I'm surprised Obama didn't claim to find out about Bengazi on the eleven o'clock news like other majors events.
An hour into the attack, Obama was ordering General Dempsey to launch a crisis response to the situation in Benghazi, known as "Operation Jukebox Lotus."
Lol, did a great job, right? Obama could've got them out before the attack, i mean goodwill a private company. Knew enough to get their people out. I guess the elen o'clock news didn't give Obama a heads up.
Ambassador Steven refused to cut and run. He insisted on keeping the temporary mission in Benghazi.
If he did, he got what he wanted, but Obama didn't have to lie about it. If he would've came right out and said it was an terrorist attack, and tried to unite us. Instead of treating us as fools, we wouldn't be discussing this now.

If he did, he got what he wanted, but Obama didn't have to lie about it. If he would've came right out and said it was an terrorist attack, and tried to unite us. Instead of treating us as fools, we wouldn't be discussing this now.
The day after the attack, Obama referred to it as an "act of terror."

I'm not sure an attack motivated by someone insulting a religion qualifies as a terrorist attack.
So you still believe Obama's lie? Lol, okie dokie.

The day after the attack, Obama referred to it as an "act of terror."
He was talking about 911, not the bengazi attack, try again.

Rubbish

F-16s were part of the plan? Total rubbish

Rubbish

F-16s were part of the plan? Total rubbish
I was reffering to the op saying bengazi was because of the video no one knew about. Till obama mentioned it.

There were unadvertised air assets even closer than Aviano is that could have been used. That in itself is something that is a little troubling.

I know why.

AvianoAB_Italy1995.jpg

The American commander in Benghazi never requested an F-16 or any other sort of air support.

He never requested a Coke, either. What kind of true-blood American doesn't want a Coke?

Forum List

Back