Why no black female country music performers?

Another product of woodshed romance....

She says her parents were hippies, so maybe a field of daisies...she's beautiful, talented and classically trained.

Her song, 'At the Purchaser's Option' speaks of woodshed 'romance'...

I didn't pick up on that. But okay... the beat boxing is a rather... unorthodox addition to "country" music.

I didn't pick up on that. But okay... the beat boxing is a rather... unorthodox addition to "country" music.

I don't know what that means but the following is from an interview...

One thing that’s clear with Giddens is her dislike of labels, particularly when it comes to Tomorrow Is My Turn. The jovial musicologist shows her semi-serious exasperation when she mentions her disagreement with people that who claim they hear a broad range of music throughout her new record.

“I love it when people say there are so many different genres on my record but actually, not really with this specific era of American music,” she said. “That’s also the point of the record which is to say that all of this came out of the same well. You had Jimmie Rodgers doing blues and blues artists doing country hollers. It’s all part of the same origin, so let’s try and remember that. This all actually belongs together. If I put electronica or rap on my album, that would be different. To me, all this music is cheek-by-jowl next to each other.”
Rhiannon Giddens Doesn’t Need No Stinking Labels - Long Island Weekly

There's no crack smoking in country music, that's why.

Forum List

Back