Zone1 Why Most People End up in Hell (Jesus himself said this)

Not in the way that you do. I don't mean to offend anyone who is of Christian Faith. As I've posted before I was raised by devout Christian parents and I believe in Christian ethics and morals and have conducted my life in that way. I have my own beliefs.
your own beliefs don't matter unless they comport with the "beliefs" of God almighty

and He established ONE Church.. only ONE

All those who disagree w/ the Original are wrong and may end up in Hell over it

Jesus said FEW make it to Heaven

your own beliefs don't matter unless they comport with the "beliefs" of God almighty

and He established ONE Church.. only ONE

All those who disagree w/ the Original are wrong and may end up in Hell over it

Jesus said FEW make it to Heaven
Like I said, it is not my intent to offend anyone who has traditional Christian beliefs. But in my opinion, eternal torture of our spiritual entities is inconsistent with the concept of an all-knowing and loving God.

OK, technically what Jesus said was that FEW find the Narrow way that leads to Heaven (Mt 7, Lk 13)

Lk 13:24 makes the point that most attempting to enter Heaven at death "will not be strong enough." My guess is they won't be strong enough to fight off Satan and all his accusations, etc..

My experiences would tell me this (that very few make it) even if Jesus (and canonized saints) did not say so because you look around at all the heinous evil going on (homosexual acts, divorce for no valid reason, murdering the unborn) and things getting worse by the day and .. What? People who do these vile things are going to be allowed into Heaven (?)-- where all is good and holy and pure and just?

Right----------
Today's first reading (Catholic Mass) is from Chapter 5 of Paul's letter to the Galatians. It, too, speaks of the narrow way, which ironically is not under the Law.

Brothers and sisters:
If you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are obvious:
immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry,
sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy,
outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness,
dissensions, factions, occasions of envy,
drinking bouts, orgies, and the like.
I warn you, as I warned you before,
that those who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, generosity,
faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Against such there is no law.
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh
with its passions and desires.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.

OK, technically what Jesus said was that FEW find the Narrow way that leads to Heaven (Mt 7, Lk 13)

Lk 13:24 makes the point that most attempting to enter Heaven at death "will not be strong enough." My guess is they won't be strong enough to fight off Satan and all his accusations, etc..

My experiences would tell me this (that very few make it) even if Jesus (and canonized saints) did not say so because you look around at all the heinous evil going on (homosexual acts, divorce for no valid reason, murdering the unborn) and things getting worse by the day and .. What? People who do these vile things are going to be allowed into Heaven (?)-- where all is good and holy and pure and just?

Right----------

You are absolutely on the right track. Things are getting worse and worse. This was predicted.

You are also correct that the unholy, unjust, unpure will not be allowed into Heaven.

Tragically, that is all of us. The Bible says, "none are righteous. No, not one." (Romans 3:9). Left to ourselves, we are ALL going to Hell. This is the part most people get very wrong. They measure their good v. bad by "worldly" standards: like, "well, I gave to charity and raised my kids well. I didn't really hurt anyone. Surely God will let me into Heaven."

But that is not God's standard. God's standard is perfection. He can't change that about Himself. He is perfection. He is also love. Being loving, He made a way for His love, justice and holiness to be reconciled:

Jesus Christ.

Claiming Him as Savior is like a legal remedy for God. Jesus paid our fine for sin, so justice is fulfilled, and we take on Christ's perfection. There is no us "fighting" Satan or our sin. Christ has already won the battle, ultimately. We only need to claim the prize as ours.

I wish people would get back to the simplicity of the Gospel. But what I see is some people putting so much devotion into their church (religion)… instead of in God and learning the word of God. When I see people who are so devoted to their church, it reminds me of the extreme partisans here who care more about political party than principle. But anyway....

As for the topic, yes, the way is narrow that leads to life! You must be born again. It's not about religion but about being reconciled to God, dying to our old self and becoming a new creation... a child of God. If it's genuine, it will be the best decision you ever made, and your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner. :)

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19-21)​

Well, that settles it. no one enters the kingdom of God.

Like I said, it is not my intent to offend anyone who has traditional Christian beliefs. But in my opinion, eternal torture of our spiritual entities is inconsistent with the concept of an all-knowing and loving God.
True. Eternal torture would be eternal life.

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19-21)​

Well, that settles it. no one enters the kingdom of God.
Thankfully all those sins can be forgiven. :)

really?

And do you know absolutely everything about God? I found out the hard way that I myself do not know everything about Him or even close to "everything" There are a lot of things that happen in our lives that we do NOT understand.. Why does God allow this..? Why does He allow that?

And then there is this

Human beings don't know the first damn thing about REAL love. Just look around and you will see this..

So yeh.. so much for your post here..

You are absolutely on the right track. Things are getting worse and worse. This was predicted.

You are also correct that the unholy, unjust, unpure will not be allowed into Heaven.

Tragically, that is all of us. The Bible says, "none are righteous. No, not one." (Romans 3:9). Left to ourselves, we are ALL going to Hell. This is the part most people get very wrong. They measure their good v. bad by "worldly" standards: like, "well, I gave to charity and raised my kids well. I didn't really hurt anyone. Surely God will let me into Heaven."

But that is not God's standard. God's standard is perfection. He can't change that about Himself. He is perfection. He is also love. Being loving, He made a way for His love, justice and holiness to be reconciled:

Jesus Christ.

Claiming Him as Savior is like a legal remedy for God. Jesus paid our fine for sin, so justice is fulfilled, and we take on Christ's perfection. There is no us "fighting" Satan or our sin. Christ has already won the battle, ultimately. We only need to claim the prize as ours.
I agree. I have often felt totally UN worthy of Christ and Heaven.. Well, I learned a long time ago that my worthiness has nothing to do with being worthy of Christ.. Heaven was a different story.. But He loves us.. totally understands our frailties..

Even so, sometimes we forget He is love itself.. and begin to feel worthless, too sinful to ever, ever make it... and then I spend time with Him in what the Catholics call The Real Presence. And all my self-doubt and sense of sinfulness disappears. It is starting to bring tears to my eyes thinking of this.. how He just takes our souls and... words fail.. but He heals.. He doesn't beat us up or say Come back when you have overcome your sins.. HE overcomes them for us.

Onan's sin was disobedience. He didn't want to get his brother's widow pregnant. There's nothing about masturbation in scripture.
Catholics and othersane people do not base their entire "thing" with God (Jesus) on Scirpture alone.

Forum List

Back