Why Kerry will never be convicted of war crimes

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
The reason that our boy Jacques Francois Kerrie will NEVER be convicted of committing war crimes is simple:
He never committed any. You see, he lied about that too!

I've read the posts on this forum for a few months now and have often wondered why the other Viet vets have never challenged this. Likewise, conservative talk shows like Hannity and O'Reilly have also failed to pick up on this fact.

Now I don't want anybody to think I'm putting on airs, but I want to give you a quick thumbnail of my military background to establish that I know what the hell I'm talking about. I spent 25 years in the Army (8 active and 17 in the National Guard) as a chopper jock. Including my subsequent civilian career, I have flown well over ten thousand hours. I served two tours in RVN. The first from Aug 67 to Aug 68, the second from Jan to Dec 70. Flew UH-1 (Hueys) my first tour and AH-1G gunships (Cobras) my second. I have three little scars from minor wounds and I don't have a single Purple Heart to my name.

Let's think about the "war crimes" which the Whirling Dervish has admitted that he perpetrated. Corpse mutilation? No. Prisoner abuse? No. Murder? No. Torture? No. The story that comes closest was the one wherein he claims to have dispatched a wounded VC. Now that one has been fine tuned to state that the wounded enemy (who had been shot by a 50 caliber) was about to shoot at kerry's boat with an RPG (rocket propelled grenade). Now this little guy must have been one HELL of a man. For those who may not know, a 50 cal round is about the same diameter as a man's thumb and about two inches long. If you get knocked down by that baby, you're probably not coming up for seconds.

But let's get to what kerry DID admit:

1. Shooting in "free fire" zones. A free fire zone is a specifically defined area within which no friendlies reside. Anything moving within the free fire zone is considered to be a member of the opposition and therefore fair game. Now before an area can be designated "free fire" there has to be intelligence at the Corps level to support the request. Next, coordination must be effected with province and village chiefs and the South Vietnamese government. During my two tours I encoutered free fire zones about four times that I can recall. And actually finding anything to shoot in a free fire zone was rare. During my second tour I drew a few missions which involved lurking around free fire zones to pounce on any target of opportunity. Know what? On every mission except one I landed with the same amount of ordnance I had on board at takeoff. So shooting in a free fire zone is NOT a war crime. So kerry admitted to nothing.

2. He says he participated in "Harrassment and interdiction fire". Ooookay. H & I fire, as it was known, was usually conducted around the perimeters of US bases after dark. It consisted of the occasional random shot of 40 mm grenade or light artillery into areas known to be unoccupied by the locals. It's purpose was to make life a bit more difficult for those who might be attempting to sneak up on us with ill intentions. Commanders coordinated with local friendlies and these folks knew what would be happening at night and knew it was a good idea to stay home. H&I fire was NOT a war crime. It was a tactic to deprive the enemy of the cover of darkness.

3. He says he burned villages. Very well, now under some circumstances this may qualify as a war crime. But any village that I ever saw burned was one that had been taken over by the Viet Cong or North Vietnamese Regulars. The usual sequence of events involved chasing the bad guys the hell out of the area. Then packing up the locals to relocate them. Now sometimes this was a hardship on these folks, but probably less than the hardships the opposition would have imposed. Now during my first tour I flew support for some relocation missions. I'm here to tell you we literally hauled not only the folks, but their furniture, their pigs, goats, chickens, rice and cooking pots out of there. Once everyone was cleared out, the village was destroyed to deny it's use to the bad guys. I suspect that any admission kerry made about village burning fell into this category and would NOT be a war crime.

So there you have it. Kerry lied. The man is so dishonest that he can't even tell the truth when he claims to have done wrong. He is so self-serving, cynical and opportunistic that he will mislead people into believing he committed war crimes simply to cultivate the sympathy of those moronic left wingers who believe that everything is someone else's fault. They conclude that, if kerry committed war crimes, it was the fault of higher-ups in the chain of command.

Kerry is a world class liar and devious sneak. His "service" in Viet Nam was simply stage dressing for his political aspirations. Don't take my word for it, go to the Viet Nam Veterans for Truth site and find the comments about kerry from his commander. Think about it - a measly three and a half months in action out of about 17 weeks in country and he has three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star. The Democrats must think they have a latter day Audie Murphy in their stable. But all they really have is a broken down jackass who would lie even if it was easier to tell the truth.

:flameth:

Merlin1047 said:
Don't think I follow you. Not my own thoughts? From whom do you suggest I borrowed them?

No offense meant. Such a long post, I was checking. No problem, found the site I gave you...

Kathianne said:
No offense meant. Such a long post, I was checking. No problem, found the site I gave you...

Perhaps I'm just a little dense tonight. The article you sourced is simply one of hundreds which detail kerry's "admissions".

So I am left with the conclusion that either you are accusing me of plagiarism or you think me incapable of stringing together more than two sentences without assistance.

Which is it?

Merlin1047 said:
Perhaps I'm just a little dense tonight. The article you sourced is simply one of hundreds which detail kerry's "admissions".

So I am left with the conclusion that either you are accusing me of plagiarism or you think me incapable of stringing together more than two sentences without assistance.

Which is it?

Neither. Whenever I see such a long, well written post, I check it out. IN this case, not another source, but a related I thought you would be interested in, that's it. Sorry if it offended you. Really.

Kathianne said:
Neither. Whenever I see such a long, well written post, I check it out. IN this case, not another source, but a related I thought you would be interested in, that's it. Sorry if it offended you. Really.

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman, I told you I would get even for that dirty trick you pulled on me when you suckered me into a long explanation on that somewhat lame attempt I had made at a witticism sometime back.

You may now consider us even.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:beer:

Merlin1047 said:
GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman, I told you I would get even for that dirty trick you pulled on me when you suckered me into a long explanation on that somewhat lame attempt I had made at a witticism sometime back.

You may now consider us even.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:beer:

Dam! You did! :hail: :hail:

Forum List

Back