Why John McCain Lost

I think you hit it right on Jsanders, I expect Mccain to come back to center left and wouldnt be surprised if he works with Obama in some way. I dont think he is a Republican by heart and I think this election opened his eyes to that fact.

I thought it would be interesting to have McCain in the cabinet, but I think it would be viewed as an insult or condescending to ask so I am sure that is outside the range of reasonable expectations.

I thought it would be interesting to have McCain in the cabinet, but I think it would be viewed as an insult or condescending to ask so I am sure that is outside the range of reasonable expectations.

I don't know what area McCain truly excels in to deserve a cabinet seat. He's a man of much knowledge, but in many areas. Cabinet seats should belong to the best of that matter. The only seat McCain would do well in would be Secretary of Defense, and Powell is much better suited there.

Noboby but another black canidate could've overcome the 97% support from the black vote.

Bullshit and cop out. It would have taken another person who had the charisma that Obama has.

We haven't seen this in public office for a long time. People want to align with someone that inspires them. Obama has that ability.

After 8 years of whatever you want to call the guy there now, people were just waiting for someone like Obama to come along.

Saying the main reason for winning was because he was black is total crap. He won despite the fact that he was black. I haven't seen the demographics, but a lot of whites voted for him also.

This time we had the better candidate.

I know one thing: if he chooses Kerry for Secretary of State, I'll scream. I voted for Kerry in 2004 (more as to vote against Bush), but now, I can't stand the guy.

Yeah, which is expected, on that poll, Palin is still new where Romney and Huck are household names

Regardless, it will be Jindal you see come out in 2012

I wouldn't want to be Jindal when trying to get the Republican nomination with the way some of them have treated Barack.

Can he kick Pelosi out of the Speaker spot? She bugs alot of people including myself.

The Speaker is elected during the first day of the new Congress. I wish to God they'd vote the bitch out, but it won't happen.

Obama should ask his party for a new Speaker AND a new Senate Majority leader (Hillary, imo).

The Speaker is elected during the first day of the new Congress. I wish to God they'd vote the bitch out, but it won't happen.

Obama should ask his party for a new Speaker AND a new Senate Majority leader (Hillary, imo).

John McCain lost because he belongs to a corrupt party filled with assholes representing assholes.

He's the best that party has to offer. He needs to leave that party.

Why on earth would he ask someone that called him a terrorist supporter in his cabinet?

Why on earth would he ask someone that called him a terrorist supporter in his cabinet?

Why on earth wouldn't he want someone who called him a decent and honorable man?

Don't let politics get in the way of good governance.

I think the OP is dead on. However, I think it would have been very difficult for any Republican to win, given the antipathy towards Bush and the GOP in general as well as the tanking economy. But appealing to the Small Tent Republicans certainly hurt McCain.

The demographics of America is changing but the GOP has not. The key is how to attract Hispanics which Obama did. The former appeal to the Hispanics was to appeal on the Abortion issue, however, that will not work anymore.

McCain lost because 60% of the country thinks republicans are assholes and liars.

McCain lost because Bush was SO terrible that Americans were willing to vote a black man with an Arab name in as president. And because the GOP has not been consistent in its values for the past 8 years.

McCain lost because Bush was SO terrible that Americans were willing to vote a black man with an Arab name in as president. And because the GOP has not been consistent in its values for the past 8 years.

And you defended Bush and those Republicans for 8 years. REMEMBER?

And you defended Bush and those Republicans for 8 years. REMEMBER?

OH NO! I have been completely against the Bush/Big Texas Oil/Halliburton War Profiteering from the beginning. You must be confusing me with someone else. I'm a radical leftist.

i Was Really Pulling For Mccain....i Wanted Him To Be The Person Who Would Step Up And Do What Needed To Be Done...i Dont Think Anyone Can Overcome The Feelings Caused By The Ambush In Sc...when I Saw Mccain Embrace Bush After That...i Just Had To Grimace...his Speech Last Night Was Moving...it Saddened Me That It Was Over For Mccain. He Will Never Made Another Run For Office. Reflecting All It..its A World Gone Crazy Thing...obama Beating Mccain..who Really Would Have Thunk It? I Think The Economy Killed Mccain And His Selection Of Vp's. He Could Have Picked A Qualified Woman.
where Do We Go From Here?

Bobby Jindal, That's Where We Go From Here

Mccain Is Trash, That's Why He Lost, He's Not A Fighter
He Fights Against His Own Party But Never Against Others, It's A Disgrace, When They Called Oh For Obama I Just Sat There Like
It's Over And Said This Is So Sad Like 10 Times, And I Took The L And Kept It Moving

OH NO! I have been completely against the Bush/Big Texas Oil/Halliburton War Profiteering from the beginning. You must be confusing me with someone else. I'm a radical leftist.

That comment goes to any right winger on these boards. Because before they were distancing themselves from bush, they were defending him. All of them. If one of you happens to be the exception, whatever.

Sorry if I made that mistake. What did you say to make me think that? OOPS.

Forum List

Back