Why it's important not to pay a living wage:

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
1) human nature is such that $15/hr at McDonalds will mean that many McDonald's workers will not aspire to more and will have instead learned that you get ahead with the help of govt coercion.

2) a business always faces a choice between labor and capital: do I dig a ditch using 15 guys with shovels or one guy with a huge earth mover, or, do I hire a person to say, "Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order" or do I use a touch screen. $15/hour pushes McDonalds toward the touch screen and customers toward eating at home. No net benefit is possible.

This is called the law of supply and demand. When price goes up people buy less not more. This is why Rolls Royce sells fewer cars than Ford.

Simple enough for a child to grasp but not an adult liberal.

Last edited:
1) human nature is such that $15/hr at McDonalds will mean that many McDonald's workers will not aspire to more and will have learned that you get ahead through govt coercion .

2) a business always faces a choice between labor and capital: do I dig a ditch using 15 guys with shovels or one guy with a huge earth mover, or, do I hire a person to say, "Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order" or do I use a touch screen. $15/hour pushes McDonalds toward the touch screen and customers toward eating at home. No net benefit is possible.

This is called the law of supply and demand. When price goes up people buy less not more. This is why Rolls Royce sells fewer cars than Ford.

Don't expect any of our resident liberals to understand. They don't think, they emote.

1) human nature is such that $15/hr at McDonalds will mean that many McDonald's workers will not aspire to more and will have learned that you get ahead through govt coercion .

Don't expect any of our resident liberals to understand. They don't think, they emote.
Nor do they work.

When a few men at the top take 70% of the pie and throw crumbs back at the workers. How is that fair? Why not make this kind of shit illegal in the first place and just give the workers what they earned.
Life's not fair. Get over it.

When a few men at the top take 70% of the pie Why not make this kind of shit illegal in the first place

100% stupid, liberal and violent of course. Rather than hire men with guns to steal your money back why not just very peacefully not buy from folks like Jobs, Gates, and Brin in the first place. Why does a liberal always think of violence first?

to a liberal the govt is to be used to perpetrate violence. That is not what our Founders intended!!

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-Benjamin Franklin

Lenin: "the only question a communist asks is who dominates whom"

Last edited:
A. Recent story blows the liberal living wage myth out of the water and points out reality and the truth. Workers in Seattle who are making 15 dollars an hour are asking for less hours so that they will not lose their benefits. Let's see how libs spin that one.

A. Recent story blows the liberal living wage myth out of the water and points out reality and the truth. Workers in Seattle who are making 15 dollars an hour are asking for less hours so that they will not lose their benefits. Let's see how libs spin that one.

yes libs love to say, govt has to pay Walmart workers a subsidy because pay is so low. Now pay is high and and workers are cutting back to keep the lib welfare subsidies flowing.

When a few men at the top take 70% of the pie and throw crumbs back at the workers. How is that fair? Why not make this kind of shit illegal in the first place and just give the workers what they earned.

They got what they earned,and unless you're prepared to pay everyone above them the same increase....?
Do I really have to say more?

I've found life to be fair for the most part...as far as making something of yourself anyway.
You get what you put into it.
Which would explain liberals and their general unhappiness.

1) human nature is such that $15/hr at McDonalds will mean that many McDonald's workers will not aspire to more and will have instead learned that you get ahead with the help of govt coercion.

Your post proves the need for more Welfare.

We cannot pass laws to ensure the entire "unskilled" work force earns enough to live at American standards.

Therefore, let companies pay what they will, and provide Welfare with no time limits to allow impoverished workers to afford decent housing.

We cannot pass laws to ensure the entire "unskilled" work force earns enough to live at American standards.

Therefore, let companies pay what they will, and provide Welfare with no time limits to allow impoverished workers to afford decent housing.

dear, if you pay them to be unskilled they will always be unskilled and their children will always be unskilled.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

Small correction:
It's important to pay a living wage. To workers whose labor warrants that. It is nonsense to mandate a living wage even to workers whose work doesnt warrant it.

I've found life to be fair for the most part...as far as making something of yourself anyway.
You get what you put into it.
Which would explain liberals and their general unhappiness.
They think it's *fair* not to have to work, but still reap all the benefits of work...while penalizing those who DO work.

Better is to increase taxes on the rich so that we can afford to increase and sustain Welfare.

Companies pay workers what they think the work is worth according to the Free Market.

Tax millionaires so that they take home, say, 2 million instead of 2.5 million (they'll still be fine). Provide welfare in a way that rewards work -- the more hours you work, the more Welfare you get.

Voila.

It's bass ackwards.

Welfare should reward work -- the more hours you work, the more Welfare you get if you are in a qualifying "low income" line of work.

This extra govt regulation will also require us to hire more beaurocrats to fill out the forms --- hence increasing the middle class job supply.

Fund it all by cutting military spending and increasing taxes.

dear, if you pay them to be unskilled they will always be unskilled and their children will always be unskilled.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

There is not enough demand for skilled workers to sustain the full population.

Therefore in order for every American to have decent living standards, Welfare must be provided.

Industrious people will prefer to live at Middle Class standards and will strive to make enough money through work to live at those standards. For Welfare will only support a Working Class American Standard of life which is pretty much no frills such as luxury vacations or the like and no fancy suburban house with a nice yard.

Small correction:
It's important to pay a living wage. To workers whose labor warrants that. It is nonsense to mandate a living wage even to workers whose work doesnt warrant it.

Here's a question: if a worker is not earning a "living wage" then how is he supposed to live? Just a simple question.

Forum List

Back