Why is your health

☭proletarian☭;2050633 said:
someone else's responsibility?

Good point. It's not.

I'll remember that the day you need emergency medical attention.

Av: Help...

Pro: Heart attack?

Av: please... *gasp*

Pro: damned... too bad you convinced me we have no moral obligation to help our fellow Man. Bet you wish I were still a Leftist

Av: dies

Pro: What size are those kicks?

hahahahahaha!

Letting people starve to death for lack of funds is not an American principle of freedom.

Letting people succumb to a health condition that there is treatment for for lack of funds is not an American principle of freedom.

I really wish you people could understand the LIFE part of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Why was feeding a bunch of 'depresed' freeloaders the government's job?

Souplines were unconstitutional and immoral!!! :evil: GRR!!!! RIGHTWING OUTWAGE!!!!1111!

Why is protecting your private property, somebody else's business?

Your argument is a non-starter. Government is charged with protecting your LIBERTY. It's ONE of the legit functions of Government. that's why we have Law Enforcement, why we have a military.

Remember Life? Liberty, The persuit of happiness?

Methinks you are in dire need of re-education Founder's-Style.

Something tells me you'd be more likely to implement is Stalin-style.

NO ONE has proposed government run healthcare.

Cant you ever discuss anything without spewing the republican talking point lies?

You and your ilk are so totally dishonest.

The government that can become an alleged "competitor" to private health insurance companies will not be bound by shareholder concerns such as making a fucking profit. That kind of deliberately distorted and unfair "competition" will quickly drown private health insurance companies and to deny that economic reality requires all the lying capacity you liberals have in such abundance.

And the government is also looking into passing laws that would prohibit denial of coverage for "pre-existing conditions." One of the ways insuarance companies can stay afloat, you liberal loons, is be avoiding undue risks -- in this case virtual certainties -- that they will have to pay. But if an insurance company's collective shareholders (the policy purchasers) are obliged to accept membership of a class of people who WILL be hitting the premium pool heavily BECAUSE of those pre-existing conditions, the insurance company will soon be paying more than they take in OR they will have to heavily increase the rates. Again, this is the government taking over the fucking industry.

Your denials are false. Your position is based on a lie.

☭proletarian☭;2050662 said:

Your argument is a non-starter. Government is charged with protecting your LIBERTY. It's ONE of the legit functions of Government. that's why we have Law Enforcement, why we have a military.

Remember Life? Liberty, The persuit of happiness?

Methinks you are in dire need of re-education Founder's-Style.

Something tells me you'd be more likely to implement is Stalin-style.

Spoken like a true MORON. You have no Earthly idea about the Founders do you? (Of course you are one of the ones that thinks the Constitution is "just a piece of old parchment with no inherient value)?

YOU should cease listening to your 'inner voices'. They're corrupt.

Wear your Hammer And sickle with pride.

Please continue your crusade of idiocy. I won't stop you. -GO!

too bad you convinced me we have no moral obligation to help our fellow Man. Bet you wish I were still a Leftist

I don't believe that is the case. Using the government to show "we have a moral obligation to help our fellow man" is a poor method and does not seem to work well. How has the war on poverty worked out? How about all the long time Democratic-controlled cities that are the poorest cities in the nation? How are these Leftist policies a good example of actually "helping our fellow man"?

I would prefer we help each other out without direct government involvement.

Every "reason" given by Democrats is nothing but emotional blackmail over a tiny percentage of people who get sick and do not have insurance. I feel sorry for people that get sick, I really do. But I don't believe it is the government's responsibility to help them. That is why we have families and charities and insurance. We are a society that values responsibility. In life, our decisions and actions have consequences. If you choose to go without health insurance you might get sick, and then again you might not. Either way it is your own decision and you'll have to live with the consequences.

PS- Message to Liberals - If the Democrats do jam this legislation through, using Senate reconciliation, assorted budget gimmicks and kickbacks , without Republican support, the next 6 months will be all about Republicans campaigning to overturn it. You'll lose far more than you'll gain and ultimately the legislation will be overturned anyway. Be smart, start over. Hit one item at a time. Otherwise say goodbye to your majorities in the House and Senate. Say goodbye to Obama being able to do anything meaningful. He'll be a lame duck joke in his first term. You are facing a lose/lose scenario if you go forward.

Last edited:
(Of course you are one of the ones that thinks the Constitution is "just a piece of old parchment with no inherient value)?

As opposed to being the word of God? What's with the near-religious worship of a bunch of slaveowners among you people?

The Constitution is law, nothing more and nothing less. Where Law is just and good it is to be upheld. Where it is unjust it is to be destroyed. The Founders understood this, like you people. They knew they weren't minor gods and that their words shouldn't be treated as some sort of holy text. That's why they made sure they included 2 ways of changing the Law if needed, without a need to dismantle the nation itself.

NO ONE has proposed government run healthcare.

Cant you ever discuss anything without spewing the republican talking point lies?

The only LIE is your inherent spewing of talking points. Lest you forget that during that ill-fated 'Summit-Circus" we were treated to on Thursday?

The points were READ ALOUD and Obama called them 'PROPS'...his OWN plan from he and the Progressives...?

They were read FROM the bill itself...and they're "LIES" according to you?

I thought they were there to discuss these things? As WE are here to discuss it too.

You live your own lie well in you own little world you've convinced yourself of by just being here. :cuckoo:

☭proletarian☭;2050691 said:
(Of course you are one of the ones that thinks the Constitution is "just a piece of old parchment with no inherient value)?

As opposed to being the word of God? What's with the near-religious worship of a bunch of slaveowners among you people?

The Constitution is law, nothing more and nothing less. Where Law is just and good it is to be upheld. Where it is unjust it is to be destroyed. The Founders understood this, like you people. They knew they weren't minor gods and that their words shouldn't be treated as some sort of holy text. That's why they made sure they included 2 ways of changing the Law if needed, without a need to dismantle the nation itself.

I didn't read much past that. Hadn't you heard you myophic Bolsehvik?

We solved that problem decades ago. You are one disingenuous entity. You may cease with the deflection. Continue pretending...GO!

too bad you convinced me we have no moral obligation to help our fellow Man. Bet you wish I were still a Leftist

I don't believe that is the case. Using the government to show "we have a moral obligation to help our fellow man" is a poor method and does not seem to work well. How has the war on poverty worked out? How about all the long time Democratic-controlled cities that are the poorest cities in the nation? How are these Leftist policies a good example of actually "helping our fellow man"?

I'm not using the gov't to show anything. The government, in a just society, is nothing more than the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.

The reasons we have had so many failures in the US include: corporate oligarchy and the fact that our system no longer serves or represents the People and the attempts to govern large swathes of land and many diverse people. It collapses form its own bigness. The FF understood that aspect, which is why there was originally no 'The United States', but rather 'the united States', a union of semi-independent states which handled their own affairs. The Union more closely resembles- and should more closely resemble, imo,- a confederation of nations under a common charter of cooperation, mutual protection, and shared values than a single entity of the sort it has become.

☭proletarian☭;2050700 said:

I'm not using the gov't to show anything. The government, in a just society, is nothing more than the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.

The reasons we have had so many failures in the US include: corporate oligarchy and the fact that our system no longer serves or represents the People and the attempts to govern large swathes of land and many diverse people. It collapses form its own bigness. The FF understood that aspect, which is why there was originally no 'The United States', but rather 'the united States', a union of semi-independent states which handled their own affairs. The Union more closely resembles- and should more closely resemble, imo,- a confederation of nations under a common charter of cooperation, mutual protection, and shared values than a single entity of the sort it has become.

I understand now. I misinterpreted AVs thread to mean why is it government's responsibility, instead of "someone else's". My apologies.

Every "reason" given by Democrats is nothing but emotional blackmail over a tiny percentage of people who get sick and do not have insurance. I feel sorry for people that get sick, I really do. But I don't believe it is the government's responsibility to help them. That is why we have families and charities and insurance. We are a society that values responsibility. In life, our decisions and actions have consequences. If you choose to go without health insurance you might get sick, and then again you might not. Either way it is your own decision and you'll have to live with the consequences.

PS- Message to Liberals - If the Democrats do jam this legislation through, using Senate reconciliation, assorted budget gimmicks and kickbacks , without Republican support, the next 6 months will be all about Republicans campaigning to overturn it. You'll lose far more than you'll gain and ultimately the legislation will be overturned anyway. Be smart, start over. Hit one item at a time. Otherwise say goodbye to your majorities in the House and Senate. Say goodbye to Obama being able to do anything meaningful. He'll be a lame duck joke in his first term. You are facing a lose/lose scenario if you go forward.

NAILED. and to those that think that this is partisan rankor? Be advised that the Republicans are under the proverbial gun as well. They as the Progressives had been told NO in more ways than I care to count.

Nice post, Zander!

It isn't. BUT:

OK. Say you are my brother. He is a sous chef and a part-time pastry chef (wedding cakes on the side for extra money) and he makes an average of $10 an hour (a GENEROUS going rate for that position). If you get sick and your employer doesn't give you sick days, you may lose your job. If you get really sick for too many days, you WILL lose your job AND your place to live. So, you're saying my brother doesn't deserve to be able to get medical care if he needs it? He can't afford to pay for private insurance on his salary. He is now "working his way up" and he certainly can't afford private insurance on his own (and neither could I and I make 4x what he makes) and no restaurants offer medical benefits to anyone but management, which is standard procedure. You're saying that he doesn't deserve to be able to buy into a low cost, non-profit public option like a co-op? Otherwise, he CANNOT afford anything but emergency care.

If insurance was opened up across state lines and individuals could group together to purchase insurance . . . wouldn't these two things make insurance affordable to someone like your brother?

☭proletarian☭;2050638 said:

It isn't, BUZZ try again. BUT if you are referring to the police, we the people LOCALLY, created them and pay for them LOCALLY. State and Federal Law Enforcement are not protectors of any sort they are reactionary in response to BROKEN laws. And the Federal Government is VERY limited on what it can be the first responder to in regards law enforcement.
Why should I be forced to pay taxes to protect your bitch ass?

Actually retard I am more then capable of protecting myself, just remove all the laws barring me from packing and using said heat.

cartoon099.jpg

Letting people starve to death for lack of funds is not an American principle of freedom.

Letting people succumb to a health condition that there is treatment for for lack of funds is not an American principle of freedom.

I really wish you people could understand the LIFE part of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Oh we do. What you do NOT get to do is obligate someone else's life to protect yours.

You display the classic problem with liberalism again. You complain and complain and complain about things and want everyone else to fix your problems. It's never your fault that your homeless bum so why should you have to do anything about it? It's never your fault that you spent all your money eating yourself to death and now can't afford triple by pass is it?

I wish people understood life too and started taking some GOD DAMN responsibility for their own. Unfortunately that is something I have never, ever seen a liberal do.

Forum List

Back