Zone1 Why is Trump being charged for a special master ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Im not looking for a discussion on the rights and wrongs of the docs he had at home.

But I must admit that I had never heard of a special master .

Im not a trump fan but it seems very unfair that Trump should have to pay for this court officer. That isnt Justice for All.

If such a position is needed then the state should pay for it.

i understand that Trump is paying $500a day for this. That would be out of reach for most ordinary people. Making Trump pay puts this option firmly in the hands of the rich. and exacerbates the situation.

It entrenches a two tier legal system that is alread weighted in favour of the rich.

Trump should not have to pay in my opinion.

Im not looking for a discussion on the rights and wrongs of the docs he had at home.

Im not a trump fan but it seems very unfair that Trump should have to pay for this court officer. That isnt Justice for All.

i understand that Trump is paying $500a day for this. That would be out of reach for most ordinary people. Making Trump pay puts this option firmly in the hands of the rich. and exacerbates the situation.

It entrenches a two tier legal system that is alread weighted in favour of the rich.

Any way you look at it Trump is gonna pay!

We have the best justice system money can buy

Because he asked for it.

The US is not the only country where that is the case.
But Trump should nott have to pay or the role should be abolished..

The role is not required, it is an extra. Trump asked for it, thus Trump gets to pay for it.

Not unlike candidates that have to pay for a recount when they ask for it.

Especially when the Special Master chosen by Trump appears to have turned his guns on Trump!

Special Master? Of the universe? Anything can happen now in America's completely corrupt system of 'injustice'!

Special masters are generally only used when a lawyer's office has been searched - to separate documents subject to attorney client privilege. It is unheard of for a politician to request a special master.

This is no different than asking for a jury trial in a civil case.

The daily stipend paid to jurors for jury service. Jurors are paid a flat fee for attendance each day as well as travel reimbursement by mileage

In civil cases, any party seeking a jury trial usually must pay jury fees within a specific time frame in advance of the trial.

The US is not the only country where that is the case.
But Trump should nott have to pay or the role should be abolished..
The role is used for attorney-client privilege. Trump did the extraordinary of asking for one over executive, and classified record privilege.

If Trump wants extraordinary service, he has to pay for it.

Forum List

Back